Excel data completely disappeared - help !

Please can someone help me with a problem I am having.
I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column
designed to appear with a mouseover.

I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I
went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared
!!

Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really
weird.

Can anyone throw any light on this ?

TIA,
cool4cats

--
cool4cats
cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27533

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hopefully it may be just a settings change ..
Try click Tools > Options > View tab
Ensure "Comment indicator only" is checked > OK
--
Rgds
Max

> Please can someone help me with a problem I am having.
> I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column
> designed to appear with a mouseover.
>
> I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I
> went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared
> !!
>
> Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really
> weird.
>
> Can anyone throw any light on this ?
>
> TIA,
> cool4cats
>

> --
> cool4cats
> cool4cats's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27533
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470545

0
demechanik (4694)

hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport dri
Hi: I'm working with a SCSI miniport driver, and I encountered a very strange problem that I don't know how to handle. Plz help me figure it out, Thanks a lot! I'm trying to write a driver to present a ram disk. I have a FPGA based PCI card, but the RTL in FPGA is unable to handle the DMA operations. So I define a byte array in DEVICE_EXTENSION to present a 16MB RAM. All the data transfers and DMA operations are between the array and system memory. Question 1: I've finished the driver and it works almost successfully, but during the '...

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

data input in text box

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Sorting Data #5

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Can anyone help ?

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...