Excel cannot open email program.

I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text 
in the body of an e-mail.

I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not 
have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.

On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the 
e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
 Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office 
just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.

Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 
2003 which I don't need.

Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?

barry milliken 


0
5/1/2006 7:49:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
479 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

Hi Barry

See number 3
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm


Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509

If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 2000 or 2002.
(File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the Standard toolbar)
And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>

The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
in the body of the mail.

Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
Or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm

Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm


> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also



-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail.
>
> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>
> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>
> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don't need.
>
> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>
> barry milliken
> 


0
rondebruin (3790)
5/1/2006 7:56:28 PM
Thanks but,

I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the 
computer but I don't use them.
The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for 
"default" email:
1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
2. Use Outlook express.

So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and therefore 
"default" email program.
I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".

Barry


"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message 
news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Barry
>
> See number 3
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>
>
> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
>
> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 2000 or 
> 2002.
> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the Standard 
> toolbar)
> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>
> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
> in the body of the mail.
>
> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
> Or
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
>
> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
>
>
>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
>
>
>
> -- 
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message 
> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as 
>>text in the body of an e-mail.
>>
>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may 
>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>>
>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the 
>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office 
>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>>
>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 
>> 2003 which I don't need.
>>
>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>>
>> barry milliken
>>
>
> 


0
5/3/2006 3:29:14 AM
If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
At this point I canceled.


"barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message 
news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Thanks but,
>
> I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
> Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the 
> computer but I don't use them.
> The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for 
> "default" email:
> 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
> 2. Use Outlook express.
>
> So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and therefore 
> "default" email program.
> I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
>
> Barry
>
>
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message 
> news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Barry
>>
>> See number 3
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>>
>>
>> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
>>
>> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 2000 
>> or 2002.
>> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the Standard 
>> toolbar)
>> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
>> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>>
>> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
>> in the body of the mail.
>>
>> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
>> Or
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
>>
>> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
>>
>>
>>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>>
>>
>> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message 
>> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as 
>>>text in the body of an e-mail.
>>>
>>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may 
>>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>>>
>>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the 
>>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
>>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office 
>>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 
>>> 2003 which I don't need.
>>>
>>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>>>
>>> barry milliken
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
5/3/2006 3:47:24 AM
Just a guess, but since you don't use office 2003, you could try uninstalling
it--via control panel's "add or remove programs".

Then I'd try reregistering excel:
Close Excel and 
Windows Start Button|Run 
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run 
excel /regserver

The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
factory defaults.

(I think I'd do this with the other programs in the Office suite--or reinstall
OfficeXP????.)

barry milliken wrote:
> 
> If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
> If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
> At this point I canceled.
> 
> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Thanks but,
> >
> > I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
> > Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the
> > computer but I don't use them.
> > The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for
> > "default" email:
> > 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
> > 2. Use Outlook express.
> >
> > So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and therefore
> > "default" email program.
> > I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
> >
> > Barry
> >
> >
> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi Barry
> >>
> >> See number 3
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
> >>
> >>
> >> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
> >>
> >> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 2000
> >> or 2002.
> >> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the Standard
> >> toolbar)
> >> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
> >> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
> >>
> >> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
> >> in the body of the mail.
> >>
> >> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
> >> Or
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
> >>
> >> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
> >>
> >>
> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
> >> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >>
> >>
> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as
> >>>text in the body of an e-mail.
> >>>
> >>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may
> >>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
> >>>
> >>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the
> >>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
> >>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office
> >>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
> >>>
> >>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office
> >>> 2003 which I don't need.
> >>>
> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
> >>>
> >>> barry milliken
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
5/3/2006 11:52:49 AM
I tried everything you suggested:
- uninstalled office 2003
- repaired office 2002.
Again i'm using 2002 version of both excel and outlook.
Still get "Excel could not start the e-mail program" error message when you 
use the Send To mail recipient.
This worked on my old computer.

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message 
news:44589991.9F2904A@verizonXSPAM.net...
> Just a guess, but since you don't use office 2003, you could try 
> uninstalling
> it--via control panel's "add or remove programs".
>
> Then I'd try reregistering excel:
> Close Excel and
> Windows Start Button|Run
> excel /unregserver
> then
> Windows Start Button|Run
> excel /regserver
>
> The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
> factory defaults.
>
> (I think I'd do this with the other programs in the Office suite--or 
> reinstall
> OfficeXP????.)
>
> barry milliken wrote:
>>
>> If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
>> If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
>> At this point I canceled.
>>
>> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Thanks but,
>> >
>> > I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
>> > Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the
>> > computer but I don't use them.
>> > The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for
>> > "default" email:
>> > 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
>> > 2. Use Outlook express.
>> >
>> > So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and 
>> > therefore
>> > "default" email program.
>> > I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
>> >
>> > Barry
>> >
>> >
>> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>> > news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> >> Hi Barry
>> >>
>> >> See number 3
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
>> >>
>> >> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 
>> >> 2000
>> >> or 2002.
>> >> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the 
>> >> Standard
>> >> toolbar)
>> >> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
>> >> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>> >>
>> >> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
>> >> in the body of the mail.
>> >>
>> >> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
>> >> Or
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
>> >>
>> >> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>> >> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> >>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet 
>> >>>as
>> >>>text in the body of an e-mail.
>> >>>
>> >>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients 
>> >>> may
>> >>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>> >>>
>> >>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open 
>> >>> the
>> >>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
>> >>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" 
>> >>> office
>> >>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>> >>>
>> >>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of 
>> >>> office
>> >>> 2003 which I don't need.
>> >>>
>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>> >>>
>> >>> barry milliken
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>
> -- 
>
> Dave Peterson 


0
5/9/2006 6:22:51 PM
And you did go back to MSIE and try changing the default email client to
Outlook, right?

I'd try changing to OE, then apply, then change back to see if that helped.

But these are just guesses.  I don't know the solution.

barry milliken wrote:
> 
> I tried everything you suggested:
> - uninstalled office 2003
> - repaired office 2002.
> Again i'm using 2002 version of both excel and outlook.
> Still get "Excel could not start the e-mail program" error message when you
> use the Send To mail recipient.
> This worked on my old computer.
> 
> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message
> news:44589991.9F2904A@verizonXSPAM.net...
> > Just a guess, but since you don't use office 2003, you could try
> > uninstalling
> > it--via control panel's "add or remove programs".
> >
> > Then I'd try reregistering excel:
> > Close Excel and
> > Windows Start Button|Run
> > excel /unregserver
> > then
> > Windows Start Button|Run
> > excel /regserver
> >
> > The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
> > factory defaults.
> >
> > (I think I'd do this with the other programs in the Office suite--or
> > reinstall
> > OfficeXP????.)
> >
> > barry milliken wrote:
> >>
> >> If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
> >> If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
> >> At this point I canceled.
> >>
> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> > Thanks but,
> >> >
> >> > I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
> >> > Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the
> >> > computer but I don't use them.
> >> > The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for
> >> > "default" email:
> >> > 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
> >> > 2. Use Outlook express.
> >> >
> >> > So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and
> >> > therefore
> >> > "default" email program.
> >> > I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
> >> >
> >> > Barry
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> >> > news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> >> Hi Barry
> >> >>
> >> >> See number 3
> >> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
> >> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
> >> >>
> >> >> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel
> >> >> 2000
> >> >> or 2002.
> >> >> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the
> >> >> Standard
> >> >> toolbar)
> >> >> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
> >> >> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
> >> >>
> >> >> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
> >> >> in the body of the mail.
> >> >>
> >> >> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
> >> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
> >> >> Or
> >> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
> >> >>
> >> >> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
> >> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
> >> >> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> >> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> >>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet
> >> >>>as
> >> >>>text in the body of an e-mail.
> >> >>>
> >> >>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients
> >> >>> may
> >> >>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
> >> >>>
> >> >>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open
> >> >>> the
> >> >>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
> >> >>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired"
> >> >>> office
> >> >>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of
> >> >>> office
> >> >>> 2003 which I don't need.
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
> >> >>>
> >> >>> barry milliken
> >> >>>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
5/9/2006 6:45:04 PM
I tried the The /unregserver & /regserver to no effect.
I had previously uninstalled office 2003.

I see no fix other than to buy and use Office 2003.
However in all the info on 2003 I see no features that I care about. (They 
seem mostly about collaboration.)
I run a single user home business.  All the collaboration I need is e-mail.

Barry

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message 
news:44589991.9F2904A@verizonXSPAM.net...
> Just a guess, but since you don't use office 2003, you could try 
> uninstalling
> it--via control panel's "add or remove programs".
>
> Then I'd try reregistering excel:
> Close Excel and
> Windows Start Button|Run
> excel /unregserver
> then
> Windows Start Button|Run
> excel /regserver
>
> The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
> factory defaults.
>
> (I think I'd do this with the other programs in the Office suite--or 
> reinstall
> OfficeXP????.)
>
> barry milliken wrote:
>>
>> If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
>> If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
>> At this point I canceled.
>>
>> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Thanks but,
>> >
>> > I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
>> > Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the
>> > computer but I don't use them.
>> > The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for
>> > "default" email:
>> > 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
>> > 2. Use Outlook express.
>> >
>> > So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and 
>> > therefore
>> > "default" email program.
>> > I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
>> >
>> > Barry
>> >
>> >
>> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>> > news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> >> Hi Barry
>> >>
>> >> See number 3
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
>> >>
>> >> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 
>> >> 2000
>> >> or 2002.
>> >> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the 
>> >> Standard
>> >> toolbar)
>> >> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
>> >> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>> >>
>> >> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
>> >> in the body of the mail.
>> >>
>> >> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
>> >> Or
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
>> >>
>> >> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>> >> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> >>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet 
>> >>>as
>> >>>text in the body of an e-mail.
>> >>>
>> >>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients 
>> >>> may
>> >>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>> >>>
>> >>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open 
>> >>> the
>> >>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
>> >>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" 
>> >>> office
>> >>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>> >>>
>> >>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of 
>> >>> office
>> >>> 2003 which I don't need.
>> >>>
>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>> >>>
>> >>> barry milliken
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>
> -- 
>
> Dave Peterson 


0
5/13/2006 3:29:34 PM
Hi Barry

Have you check your win.ini file
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
Number 2

> I see no fix other than to buy and use Office 2003.
install my mail add-in and use that for sending in the body


-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl


"barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uosXIIqdGHA.380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I tried the The /unregserver & /regserver to no effect.
> I had previously uninstalled office 2003.
>
> I see no fix other than to buy and use Office 2003.
> However in all the info on 2003 I see no features that I care about. (They seem mostly about collaboration.)
> I run a single user home business.  All the collaboration I need is e-mail.
>
> Barry
>
> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in message news:44589991.9F2904A@verizonXSPAM.net...
>> Just a guess, but since you don't use office 2003, you could try uninstalling
>> it--via control panel's "add or remove programs".
>>
>> Then I'd try reregistering excel:
>> Close Excel and
>> Windows Start Button|Run
>> excel /unregserver
>> then
>> Windows Start Button|Run
>> excel /regserver
>>
>> The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's
>> factory defaults.
>>
>> (I think I'd do this with the other programs in the Office suite--or reinstall
>> OfficeXP????.)
>>
>> barry milliken wrote:
>>>
>>> If fact Office 2003 is not really "installed" yet.
>>> If I try to start Outlook 2003 if firsts asks for product key.
>>> At this point I canceled.
>>>
>>> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> news:ukuv8FmbGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> > Thanks but,
>>> >
>>> > I only use Outlook 2002 and excel 2002.
>>> > Outlook 2003 and excell 2003 were installed as trial versions on the
>>> > computer but I don't use them.
>>> > The "set program access and defaults" dialog gives me 2 choices for
>>> > "default" email:
>>> > 1. Use my "current" e-mail program. (which is selected.)
>>> > 2. Use Outlook express.
>>> >
>>> > So how do I set Outlook 2002 instead or 2003 as my "current" and therefore
>>> > "default" email program.
>>> > I'm caught in circular logic between "current" and "default".
>>> >
>>> > Barry
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>>> > news:OmCTdlVbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> >> Hi Barry
>>> >>
>>> >> See number 3
>>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> Error <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828509
>>> >>
>>> >> If you want to send the selection in the body of the mail in Excel 2000
>>> >> or 2002.
>>> >> (File>Send To...Mail recipient or use the E-Mail button on the Standard
>>> >> toolbar)
>>> >> And have Outlook 2003 as your default mail program then
>>> >> Excel will tell you this <Excel could not start the E-mail program>
>>> >>
>>> >> The Outlook version and the Office version must be the same to send
>>> >> in the body of the mail.
>>> >>
>>> >> Note: as a workaround you can use my Body Examples
>>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm
>>> >> Or
>>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm
>>> >>
>>> >> Or use my SendMail add-in for Outlook
>>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>>> >> I think after that you must reinstall install 2002 also
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> "barry milliken" <barry.milliken@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> >> news:%23suMghVbGHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> >>>I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as
>>> >>>text in the body of an e-mail.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may
>>> >>> not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the
>>> >>> e-mail program" if I try the first option above.
>>> >>> Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine.  I "repaired" office
>>> >>> just to be sure.  Still doesn't work.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office
>>> >>> 2003 which I don't need.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Should I uninstall the trial version?  Or is there some other fix?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> barry milliken
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> Dave Peterson
>
> 


0
rondebruin (3790)
5/13/2006 5:11:57 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel 2007
When I select cells to copy as a picture in Excel 2007, the resolution is terrible. Text and objects with shadow's are very blotchy when pasting the picture. How do you change the resolution of a 'Copy Picture'? ...

Input Excel 'Password to Open' through control in access form
Hi All, We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.
Each time i try to enter a number range, for example, 8- 10, in Excel, it constantly re-formats it to a date. If I change the formatting to "General" it turns it into a random number, usually 38209. I would like to turn off ALL auto-formatting, but that's probably asking too much. How do I disable this frustrating feature? thanks. Hi Paul When you enter "8-10" in a cell, that's not strictly a number but Excel thinks you mean a date so converts it as such. A date is a number and in your example the number 38209 represents August 10 2004 which is not a ra...

Exchange 2003 new install can not receive external email.
I have just setup a new Windows Server 2003 standard edition with Exchange 2003 standard edition on it. I have been working for a while trying to get it to receive external email. I can send out and send/ receive internal messages, but when someone trys to send me a message from outside our network they get the following returned mail message This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <**...

Excel not Access
I have designed an Access database that holds records relating to my stores audit results going back for about 5 years plus a load more information relating to these stores. This was used to produe a pack once a month, however a change in senior management means that I have got to shelve this and prodce a similar pack in Excel. The idea would be that the user could select a month or a 12 mnth date range that would produce data that could then be used to populate a number of excel templates that have been designed. Having not used excel for years I would be grateful for any suggestion...

How to keep format when importing Excel into SQL.
Can anybody help me please? When I import Excel file into SQL, a field that formated as 0000000000 (custom), loosing leading zeros. I tried to change data type in SQL after importing. No luck. I appretiate any help. See if using IMEX=1 helps: http://pratchev.blogspot.com/2007/10/importing-excel-data-into-sql-server.html -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Plamen, I tried this, but got an error: "The OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" has not been registered." Thank you very much for looking into this. "Plamen Ratchev" wr...

Unexpected error message on closing an Excel file
Suddenly I am getting the following message when I try to close a workbook: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again" The mysterious thing is that it does not happen consistently and that, after I click OK after the above message, I can still save the file. What might be the cause of this error message and can the "invalid reference" be tracked down using one of the utility add-ins such as J. Walkenbach's PUP? If it only happens when you close ...

hyperlinking email addresses
I have a list of email addresses that have hidden text before the first letter of the email address. I tried all the functionalities to get rid of this spacing/hidden text, but, it does not work. Now I am trying to hyperlink the email addresses, how do I do that? Most likely a non-breaking space...........char 160 CLEAN and TRIM will not pick it up. Try Edit>Replace What: Alt + 0160(on numpad) With: nothing Replace all. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:44:01 -0800, CharlesZ <CharlesZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, we have one client pc with Outlook 2003 where the following problem occurs: if a mail is replied from a user created sub folder of the inbox, the reply will not appear in sent mails, but will end up in the same sub folder, sender and recipient appear as identical. The mail goes out properly though, it's just that Outlook sets internally sender = recipient and bounces the reply back to the subfolder in which the original mail is stored. This happens on a Win 2000 machine with SP4 and all updates, the other clients use Outlook 2000 or XP and there is no such problem. There are no ru...

help with simple maths in excel
I want to do a simple arithmatic excercise in excel for my grand daughter. It is stuff like 2+2 =4 Smart me has hit a problem at the first hurdle... I need to put 2 in one cell the + in another cell and then 2 in another = in another and then she puts the answer in the next one. So the above would have 4 cells completed and she would put the answer in the 5th one. When I use the + or = sign in a cell of its own it (excel) thinks I am doing an equation, is there a way around this? I will work on the answer like if she gets it correct or wrong how I will do that...a sound or som...

How to change font size on formula bar in Excell 2007
I don't find Tools>Options>General (as suggested in other post answers) in Excel 2007. On the Office button there is an Excel Options but it doesn't provide a method of changing font size on the office but. My font is so small I can barely see it. Office button>ExcelOptions>Popular tab>in the "When creating new workbooks" section, choose font and font size -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "jimwillie" <jimwillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:588AAC05-0F52-404E-AA01-128E70E02D0B@microso...

Opening Excel Workbooks
I'm running into an issue where if I click on an Excel file through My Documents, it doesn't automatically bring it up. I get the toolbar but the actual spreadsheet doesn't appear on the screen. I have to click on the taskbar to get it to pop up. If I already have Excel active and I open a file through Excel, this doesn't happen. Any ideas? Here is a similar thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=237195 Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Take a look at Tools-Options-General tab- uncheck ignore other application...

Invalid XML error when I open customization setting
I have a problem when I try to open customization setting after I import an entity. The system errored "Invalid XML" "The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed XML". Please recommend how to resolve this problem. Thanks. ...

How To Copy MS Word mailing labels into Excel
I have a word doc that I want to put into Excel. I want to add some more fields to the names and addresses. Is this simple or do I have to learn how to program? Michael Rodriguez City of Grand Prairie Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Michael Rodriguez" <mrodrigu@gptx.org> wrote in messa...

How do I use traffic lights in excel
I am wanting to use traffic lights in excel that change colour based on the result of a variance cell, ie if the result of the cell is 10 make the traffic light green, if it is 20 make the traffic light amber, if the result is 30 make the traffic light red. How do I do this? Shorty Format>Conditional Formatting>Cell Value is: Note: you can add up to 3 conditions(4 if you count default) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:35:03 -0800, Shorty <Shorty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am wanting to use traffic lights in excel that change colour based on the &g...

Planned Open Market Days
A spreadsheet named "NYSE Holidays" contains NYSE Planned Holidays for 2005 and 2006; containing data in columns A and B: New Year's Day 01/01/05 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 01/17/05 Washington's Birthday 02/21/05 Good Friday 03/25/05 Memorial Day 05/30/05 Independence Day 07/04/05 Labor Day 09/05/05 Thanksgiving Day 11/24/05 Christmas 12/26/05 New Year's Day 01/02/06 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 01/16/06 Washington's Birthday 02/20/06 Good Friday 04/14/06 Memorial Day 05/29/06 Independence Day 07/04/06 Labor Day 09/04/06 Thanksgiving Day 11/23/06 Christmas 12/25/06 ...

opening .bak file
Hi, I hope someone can help! I recently was performing a compacting operation on my outlook express folders. My computer shutdown due to a power failure and I lost some emails from a few of my folders. I was however able to get the .bak files (of the .dbx files that were lost) out of the recycle bin. If I could open one of these .bak files or convert it back to the .dbx file from which it was created I would retrieve these emails. Can anyone instruct me as to open this .bak file? Thanks for any help! Arnie K. How did you get the bak files out of the Recycle Bin? All e...

Email Router Failing with System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI:
I cannot seem to get a handle on this, even with a very basic email workflow rule. The rule is simply to watch test@mydomain.com. If any email goes in, send a notification email to user@mydomain.com The Server has the following error. Anyone have any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouterService Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 1/21/2007 Time: 4:01:50 PM User: N/A Computer: IAHSR0002 Description: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. at System.Uri.Parse() at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, Boolean dontEscape) at Sy...

Incoming email slow to come in
Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes. We are running an Exchange 5.5 server and I am running Outlook 2003. Email that is sent to me internally is very slow to arrive (up to 30-45 seconds), including email I send to myself. Nobody else in my immediate vicinity is having the same issue, their email arrival is instant. We have reviewed Outlook settings and they are identical. One strange thing is this: If I send myself an email, don't do anything, it will come in within 30-45 seconds. However, if I send myself an email, then immediately send another email both of them will ...

Excel DNS query
Hello, Is there a way for an Excel function to query a DNS server? Thanks. Soundy Not that I know of, but you can turn on the macro recorder, use 'get external data' and tailor the resulting code into a user function of your own. E.g. I've used this to create a button to get MS-Access data from a query that has the same name as the sheet (tab) name. It saves me a lot of copy-paste actions. Bas Hartkamp <soundy@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1151940450.029823.127570@j8g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way for an Excel function ...

[b]Can I download Excel data to a MS Access database?[/b]
I've built an Excel 2002 form that I want our internal customers to access from our intranet, and use. Once completed, they will send it to us as an e-mail attachment. I'd like to be able to open it, and somehow download the data from the form into an MS Access 2002 database I've built (so that we don't have to rekey it into the database). Is this possible or even feasible? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks. :D --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi in Access check 'File - Import External data' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "...

Outlook freezes after sending one email after upgrading 4.0
We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have had the desktop client upgraded and 2 have the same issue. One is XP with Outlook 2003 and the other is Vista with Outlook 2007. Open opens and the CRM addin initializes correctly. As soon as you compose and send an email, Outlook locks up and you have to kill the process in task manager to close Outlook. I've had the same problem and have tried all I can think of...how did you fix this issue? Thank you. "Sander" wrote: > We just upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 this weekend. All client machines have...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...

Excel Problem
I have a 23.8 meg excel 2000 spreadsheet set for manual calculation saved to my local hard drive. Every time I try to open it, it takes forver and sometimes never opens but I do not get any error messages, let me just tell you that I am running a P4, 1 GB memory, Office 2K with SP3, and nothing else running when I try to open it. As I said it is set for manual calculation, and it is cleared to not auto calculate when opening or closing. Any idea's as to why this is happening? -- Todd I don't know why you're having this problem but I would like to point something out for w...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...