Excel 97 : Get External Data

I have a text file I've been refreshing into Excel 2000 and am trying to
take that same .xls along with the text data file to another computer and
open it up in Excel 97 but it doesn't refresh the data.  Excel 97 shows the
refresh button but when I press it, it doesn't do anything.  How do I get
this working in Excel 97.

Thanks,
Chris

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I am not sure If I am right but hey worth a try :)
in Office 2000 open the file and SaveAs -------- SaveAs Type----Excel 97
take to Excel97 and should work then.

HTH

"Chris" <chris95008@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a text file I've been refreshing into Excel 2000 and am trying to
> take that same .xls along with the text data file to another computer and
> open it up in Excel 97 but it doesn't refresh the data.  Excel 97 shows
the
> refresh button but when I press it, it doesn't do anything.  How do I get
> this working in Excel 97.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

0
dumdae (5)
11/8/2003 9:04:42 PM
The file format is the same for all excel versions from excel 97,
the save as option for 97 -5/95 won't matter. I would make sure the
version of 97 has the latest service pack(s)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"(M)e(Ag)ain" <dumdae@djddijjj.op4> wrote in message
> I am not sure If I am right but hey worth a try :)
> in Office 2000 open the file and SaveAs -------- SaveAs Type----Excel 97
> take to Excel97 and should work then.
>
> HTH
>
> "Chris" <chris95008@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have a text file I've been refreshing into Excel 2000 and am trying to
> > take that same .xls along with the text data file to another computer
and
> > open it up in Excel 97 but it doesn't refresh the data.  Excel 97 shows
> the
> > refresh button but when I press it, it doesn't do anything.  How do I
get
> > this working in Excel 97.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

0
terre081 (3244)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

POST or GET?

Excel 97 #9

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

outlook 97 and express email problems

data sort

learning Excel #3

Pulling data from separate tabs

get a result of an sql into a field

Excel VBA

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

predict future data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook