Excel 2007 Tables

Hi,

I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table"
tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!!

The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in
the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get
applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting
from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row
have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for
example).

Any suggestions on why this would be happening?

Thanks!
0
Tammy (89)
1/15/2009 10:02:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Tammy

 I love to see your workbook to see what the problem is.
If you want you can send it to me private and i look at it tomorrow.

Maybe you like this add-in, I upload a new version today.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323CD8F7-8262-4F8A-9EA5-10E215A1A9D1@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table"
> tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!!
>
> The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in
> the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get
> applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting
> from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row
> have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for
> example).
>
> Any suggestions on why this would be happening?
>
> Thanks!
0
rondebruin (3790)
1/15/2009 10:41:04 PM
Hi Ron,

Thanks very much for your response. Unfortunately, the data in the workbook
contains confidential information, so I can't forward it to you. I really
appreciate your offer to look it over, though!

Also, thank you for the link to your add-in - I'll read the article and see
if it's something I'll be able to use.

Some rows in the first column had Wrap Text applied to them (I used ALT+
Enter, not the Wrap Text button). Removing that did not make a difference.
And, now that I look at the data again, some of the rows in other columns
have Wrap Text applied, but formatting followed when new rows were added for
those columns.

I'm going to start from scratch on this. The data was copied from another
spreadsheet, so there may be something "hidden" that I'm just not picking up
on.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Tammy
>
>  I love to see your workbook to see what the problem is.
> If you want you can send it to me private and i look at it tomorrow.
>
> Maybe you like this add-in, I upload a new version today.
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323CD8F7-8262-4F8A-9EA5-10E215A1A9D1@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table"
> > tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!!
> >
> > The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in
> > the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get
> > applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting
> > from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row
> > have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for
> > example).
> >
> > Any suggestions on why this would be happening?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Tammy (89)
1/16/2009 6:57:01 PM
Hi Ron,

Just as a follow-up, I have recreated the file, and the table is working
correctly now. Something must have been hung up "behind the scenes" in the
old file.

Thanks again for your offer of help.

Have a great week!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Tammy
>
>  I love to see your workbook to see what the problem is.
> If you want you can send it to me private and i look at it tomorrow.
>
> Maybe you like this add-in, I upload a new version today.
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323CD8F7-8262-4F8A-9EA5-10E215A1A9D1@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table"
> > tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!!
> >
> > The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in
> > the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get
> > applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting
> > from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row
> > have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for
> > example).
> >
> > Any suggestions on why this would be happening?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Tammy (89)
1/20/2009 4:10:03 PM
Hi Tammy

That's good news
Thanks for the feedback

--

"Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:418522A9-2879-45F2-9429-6B4B86653260@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ron,
>
> Just as a follow-up, I have recreated the file, and the table is working
> correctly now. Something must have been hung up "behind the scenes" in the
> old file.
>
> Thanks again for your offer of help.
>
> Have a great week!
>
> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Tammy
>>
>>  I love to see your workbook to see what the problem is.
>> If you want you can send it to me private and i look at it tomorrow.
>>
>> Maybe you like this add-in, I upload a new version today.
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/table.htm
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323CD8F7-8262-4F8A-9EA5-10E215A1A9D1@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table"
>> > tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!!
>> >
>> > The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in
>> > the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get
>> > applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting
>> > from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row
>> > have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for
>> > example).
>> >
>> > Any suggestions on why this would be happening?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
rondebruin (3790)

number rounding in MS Excel

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

How do I Look up an Array/Table name
I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses a LOOKUP (array) function. I have since made added rows to the array, or range of data, that is referenced by the LOOKUP function. So now I need to redefine the range but I can't remember how to find the range that is named in the formula. How do I find this range so I can change it? insert --> name --> define "dnamertz" <dnamertz@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:9F494493-4666-4937-9006-CD3975FCC10B@microsoft.com... >I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses a LOOKUP (array) function. I have > since made added ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003