Excel 2007: Pivot Table to SSAS why menu item "Options"->"Formulas" is disabled?

I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 SP2. I want to
create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for
Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is
disabled. Same menu is enabled if I create Pivot table based on cells in
sheet.

How can I create caclulated measure for Pivot Table based on SSAS?

Thank you

0
nobody (271)
2/21/2007 4:35:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

[...]

Copying options: contents, results, formulas, etc.
I would like to know how to copy a range of cells so that: (1) None of the cell references are changed. That is, regadless of whether the formulas use relative or absolute references, the formulas that are copied to the target cells are exactly like the ones in the source cells. (2) Copy the results of the formulas. So if the cells shows "100", but the call actually contains "=A3/B4", I would like the target cell to get the "100", not the formula. (2a) I would like it to carry the formatting with it. (3) Is there a way to "convert" a cell from a for...

Menu Item Options -> Formulas Disabled for Pivot tables.
I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2008. I want to create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is disabled. Can anyone let me know how to enable the "Formulas" in Options for Pivot table. Thanks Hi As far as I am aware, there is no method of using Formulas in a PT, when the source is based upon an OLAP cube. -- Regards Roger Govier "Ruchit Shah" <ruchit_shah@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:uIHflZJ1JHA.143...

Excel 2007+AnalysisServices2005SP2: Pivot Table to SSAS why menu item "Options"->"Formulas" is disabled?
I am using Excel 2007 with SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 SP2. IN Excel 2007 I want to create calculated measure based on other measures, but I cannot do this for Pivot table. If I go to menu "Options"->"Formulas" I can see that it is disabled. Same menu is enabled if I create Pivot table based on cells in sheet. How can I create caclulated measure for Pivot Table based on SSAS? Thank you ...