Excel 2007 Password Recovery

Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a password on open on one of my
documents, she does not remember what the password is, can you help me to
figure out how to recover this password. I have tried numerous recovery tools
and still no luck.
This document contains vital information and starting a fresh is not a option.

Thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

You can buy a password cracking utility on the web, google Excel Password
Cracker.  This should tell you that passwords are not total security.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"OS360_ITMAN" wrote:

> Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a password on open on one of my
> documents, she does not remember what the password is, can you help me to
> figure out how to recover this password. I have tried numerous recovery tools
> and still no luck.
> This document contains vital information and starting a fresh is not a option.
>
> Thanks

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells.
Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. More details ... -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "emeraldc" wrote: > Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. ...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

How do you define variables in excel?
I am setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of my students. I want to use excel if possible to keep track of lates, left early, attendance, etc, as my grades are kept there already. I was wondering if you can assign values to variables to accomplish this and how to define them. Thanks Why do you want to assign to variables, why not just use worksheet cells? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "BigRon" <BigRon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D246057F-E2D9-474F-85A2-A31440E48142@microsoft.com... > I am setting up a s...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Excel 2003 #5
Hi all Got a silly problem. MS Excel 2003 Professional via MS partner pack (aka Action Pack) Start Excel as normal, no problem, clik on FILE on the menu bar and Excel stops responding. ALL other menu items work correctly. I've un-installed and re-installed the software, no change. Excel WILL run in safe mode however. Any ideas anyone please. Thanks in anticipation, Adrian. PS I have an HP psc1215 attached and have noticed some mention of issues with their 'Share-to-web' rubbish that comes supplied (now un-installed) ...

VBA turing up on the web...excel transfer...
Ok, here's the deal! I want to take my database/spreadsheet from excel and place it on the web with interactivity - I have done this so far.....what the problem is: I have macros in VBA programing that is not going with the excel pages onto the web...why? Is this going to be easier if I start from scratch in FrontPage to be able to control this program fully? Please help...I can't find anyone that knows....:-( ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** ...

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

Splitting 2007 for use on 2003
I split my database on a personal laptop running 2007. now I need to put the be on a network drive (with runtime) that I cannot hook the laptop to.. I tried to save as 2003 format, so I could split it on a networked computer, but many forms etc didn't work. I read the post from "Lateral" and the response(s). "The code to re-link tables can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm And, the code to popup the file browse dialog can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm So, between the two above routines, in a short time you can c...

ClearQuest 2003 and Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003
Hi,all I have used IBM Rational ClearQuest 2003 for years, which use Collaboration Data Objects in outlook 2003 to send mail with exchange server 2003. In Outlook 2003, I configed a Default Security Settings form in Exchange Server 2003 to disable mail send prompt when ClearQuest sending mail. And this worked fine for years. Last week , I update one client from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, It can't work :( It's no mail sented , no promt find. Anyone can help me ? T.I.A Log: [5416] *** Started OAdSession 181C598 [5416] *** Built OAdSession 181C598 for Client One(PRIVAT...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

How do I combine 2 text columns in Microsoft Excel?
I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to combine the text values to create one complete sentence in one column. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Try: =A5&" "&B5 if you want spaces between the columns or look at the CONCATENATE function example =CONCATENATE(A5,B5) Domaniman wrote: > I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the > first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to ...

password problem
I recently switched to MSN. After setting up Outlook Express using netnews.msn.com and msnnews.msn.com as NNTP server, I am unable to "logon". My username or password is not excepted. I tried using my MSN logon username and password. How do I find or setup username and password. THANKS. ...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Recovery E2K3
Hi, I lost disk with my public folder database (.edb file). Transaction log files was on another disk. When I restore exchange database, I restore it from full backup (databe and log files). After last backup set I run eseutil /cc "directory of restore.env" After hard recovery eseutil start replaying log files from log files folder, but when reach one log files it stop responding without any error. CPU load is 100%. I can not stop eseutil because hard recovery doesn't finish. Can you help me ? Daniel Vojvoda ...

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 beta to reduce the size of the icons in the Navigation pane and across the top of the page? They are GIGANTIC. Horrible looking. It makes Outlook appear to be a comic book instead of a business application. I will never use this version of Outlook (or Word for that matter) if I can't reduce the icon size to very small, neat and nice looking. I also cannot see how to reduce the font size for the listings in the Navigation pane. That is also way too large. I like the size of the icons on the top of the "inbox page". Those are nice and small an...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Print issues in Pub 2007
I have a design done in MS Publisher 2007 with a picture of autumn leaves in the background with a text box over the picture. The problem is when I go to print on HP L7600 printer the entire image is off to far left and too high on the invitation card that is 5" wide by 8" high: its Upper left corner justified. Changing the margins, page setup etc has not remedied my problem. Have you made sure your printer knows which size paper you are using? Check your printer driver settings. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For ...

Web link to Excel file
I'm trying to link to an Excel 97 file from a ColdFusion web page. The first time I click the link, the file opens fine in the browser (I.E. 5.5). If I close the file and click the link again, I get a message stating 'filename.xls is currently being modified by "my user name here". Open as read only?'. I can still open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, because I'm not making any modifications. I've had other people try this link, and they get the same thing, except it tells them that they're the one modifying the fi...

re: best way to move columns between 2 excel docs
Ok, here is my little project: In execel.doc A I have some columns that I want to move to Excel.doc B, and the columns are always positioned the same way in A, they never change their position. How do you transfer them to B, to append a running process of pre-existing prefilled from previous days ? Any code samples ? Macros ? Please help!!! :- ) I am reading a book on application-level programming, VBA for Access, so I understand more and more everyday. How much work do I have here ? Thanks. ...

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query
Hi Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work with using cubes. Kind regards IgorM http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/ Ed Ferrero Hi Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked to OLAP cubes. I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create a sheet on the fly and provide detai...