Excel 2007 - Create Pivot table from another pivot table

In Excel 2003, if I had a pivot table open, I could go to a new workshhet,
create a new pivot table and one of the choices for the source data would be
another pivot table in this workbook. This would create a new pivot table
using the same pivot table cache.
I can't seem to find the equivalent functionality in Excel 2007.
Can this still be done?
0
Bergman (3)
11/15/2007 1:41:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tom

I believe this is now deprecated, sorry

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge
November 28th - December 1st 2007
Register Now @ http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html

"Tom Bergman" <Tom Bergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2003, if I had a pivot table open, I could go to a new workshhet,
> create a new pivot table and one of the choices for the source data would
> be
> another pivot table in this workbook. This would create a new pivot table
> using the same pivot table cache.
> I can't seem to find the equivalent functionality in Excel 2007.
> Can this still be done?

Thanks for the reply.

This is really too bad as this was a very useful function. Fortunately, it's
not too hard to write a macro to do it. This is OK for me but our users will
be a bit put off.

Tom

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Tom
>
> I believe this is now deprecated, sorry
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS
> web: www.nickhodge.co.uk
>
> UK Excel User Conference In Cambridge
> November 28th - December 1st 2007
> Register Now @ http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html
>

> "Tom Bergman" <Tom Bergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Excel 2003, if I had a pivot table open, I could go to a new workshhet,
> > create a new pivot table and one of the choices for the source data would
> > be
> > another pivot table in this workbook. This would create a new pivot table
> > using the same pivot table cache.
> > I can't seem to find the equivalent functionality in Excel 2007.
> > Can this still be done?

In Excel 2007, if you use the same source data, it should automatically
use the same pivot cache.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/16/2007 1:35:36 AM
Tom Bergman <Tom Bergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Excel 2003, if I had a pivot table open, I could go to a new workshhet,
>create a new pivot table and one of the choices for the source data would be
>another pivot table in this workbook. This would create a new pivot table
>using the same pivot table cache.
>I can't seem to find the equivalent functionality in Excel 2007.
>Can this still be done?

Yes. Add the "Pivot Table Wizard" to the Quick Access Bar.
(Select "All Commands" in the customize screen and look for
"PivotTable and ChartTable Wizard.)

Now select a blank cell, click the Wizard in the tool bar and go
from there.

Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
Or, {Alt}-D {Alt}-P

Ed Ferrero

0
ed1304 (117)

Inserting form values into a table

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel 2007

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Creating new attributes

adding name /creating field/query?

help with simple maths in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...

Excel Problem

Exchange 2007 across account search