Excel 2007 Chart Names revert to defaults

     I am using Excel 2007 and have a document with many charts and a few
worksheets.  The document is macro enabled although there are no macros
running.  Periodically, when I open the document to work on it, I see that
the chart names on the tabs at the bottom of the chart have changed from what
I have named them back to "Chart 1", "Chart 2", "Chart 3", etc.  The
worksheets however, retain there names. The document is linked to a few other
excel documents.  Any clue on how I can stop this automatic renaming from
happening?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Although I have never had this problem, I have reported it to Microsoft on
behalf of users of this Newsgroup.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Madrugador" wrote:

>      I am using Excel 2007 and have a document with many charts and a few
> worksheets.  The document is macro enabled although there are no macros
> running.  Periodically, when I open the document to work on it, I see that
> the chart names on the tabs at the bottom of the chart have changed from what
> I have named them back to "Chart 1", "Chart 2", "Chart 3", etc.  The
> worksheets however, retain there names. The document is linked to a few other
> excel documents.  Any clue on how I can stop this automatic renaming from
> happening?
Thanks.  I did come across another thread with the same issue.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although I have never had this problem, I have reported it to Microsoft on
> behalf of users of this Newsgroup.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Madrugador" wrote:
>
> >      I am using Excel 2007 and have a document with many charts and a few
> > worksheets.  The document is macro enabled although there are no macros
> > running.  Periodically, when I open the document to work on it, I see that
> > the chart names on the tabs at the bottom of the chart have changed from what
> > I have named them back to "Chart 1", "Chart 2", "Chart 3", etc.  The
> > worksheets however, retain there names. The document is linked to a few other
> > excel documents.  Any clue on how I can stop this automatic renaming from
> > happening?

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Excel 97 #9

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook