Excel 2007 - Can't switch to already open spreadsheets

So here's my issue:

Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in Excel)
you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only lists ONE
sheet open.  Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an individual
instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if you try and
switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that particular
workbook).

How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of Excel
open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within the single
instance of the application.

Can't understand what's going on.  I'm sure someone here will know what I
can do.

jlally@ctmbd.com

0
jlally (3)
5/31/2007 2:51:57 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It sounds as if you're opening workbooks by double-clicking in Explorer and
each workbook causes a new Excel instance.  If so, if you open Excel and
then File, Open the workbooks do you get the behavior you expect?

--
Jim
"Jim Lally" <jlally@ctmbd.com> wrote in message
| So here's my issue:
|
| Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in Excel)
| you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only lists ONE
| sheet open.  Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an individual
| instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if you try and
| switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that particular
| workbook).
|
| How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of Excel
| open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within the single
| instance of the application.
|
| Can't understand what's going on.  I'm sure someone here will know what I
| can do.
|
| jlally@ctmbd.com

0
jrrech (1933)
5/31/2007 3:30:52 PM
Hi Jim

Round Office button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display>untick Show all
windows in Taskbar

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jim Lally" <jlally@ctmbd.com> wrote in message
> So here's my issue:
>
> Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in
> Excel) you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only
> lists ONE sheet open.  Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an
> individual instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if
> you try and switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that
> particular workbook).
>
> How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of
> Excel open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within
> the single instance of the application.
>
> Can't understand what's going on.  I'm sure someone here will know
> what I can do.
>
> jlally@ctmbd.com

0
roger5293 (1125)

Excel 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Planned Open Market Days

opening .bak file

Exchange 2007 across account search

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...