Excel 2007 #11

I want to protect a sheet but still allow users to use the AutoSum
feature on unlocked cells.  Apparently this isn't possible?  Doesn't
make much sense, given that you can enter other formulas from the
Function Library.
0
ress6oy8 (10)
1/4/2011 5:39:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do you prepare monthly calendars in Excel from tabular data?
I would like to prepare 30/31 day calendar graphics from Excel by importing tabular event data into them. I know how to do this by exporting Excel data to Outlook, but I'm not satisfied with the level of detail Outlook allows on the 30/31 day calendar graphic. Any ideas how to do this completely within Excel? JH Hi John, I don't know exactly what you want but Microsoft has 20-30 calendar templates at Office Online which might get you started. In addition I have created an Excel Calendar which I use for my day to day work, which I could send you. -- Cheers, Shane Devens...

How do I set up a Balence sheet in Microsoft Excel
Using Microsoft Office Excel 2002 Iwant a good Template For example: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC060784001033.aspx or in general go to : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx and search for accounting -- Gary's Student "brookman" wrote: > Using Microsoft Office Excel 2002 Iwant a good Template ...

TransferSpreadsheet Error, Access 2003 to Excel 2007.
Hello I've had Excel 2007 installed and am trying to run an Access 2003 application that transfers data to Excel. All the procedures worked fine when using Excel 2003. The section of code that is generating the error is: 'Transfer the recordset data to the workbook. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , QueryName, strNewWorkbookPath _ , , NamedFormula The error details are: err.Number 3274 err.Description External table is not in the expected format. Any ideas as to how I can fix this error? Just a guess, but maybe set Excel's default to saving...

EXCEL #116
TURK VARMI ARKADASLAR VARSA YA BENİM YAZI KARKTERİ NORMAL AMA YAZICIDAN BÜYÜK KARAKTERLER OLARAK ÇIIYOR BUNU NASIL DÜZEŞTEBİLİRİM BİLEN VARSA BANA MAİL ATSIN ...

office 2007 doesn't create new default setting
Office 2007 on XP Pro - trying to change default fonts when printing envelopes - mailing -> envelopes -> highlight and rt click on displayed font -> FONT ->select features ->select Default prints properly for this envelope but the next envelope has reverted to original font etc. Thoughts? ...

Installation of Office Prof 2007 and missing rosebud file?
I am trying to install Office 2007 on XP and during the installation process get the following error message: Setup cannot find Rosebud.en-us\RosebudMUI.msi. Browse to a valid installation source ... I am not sure where to find this file and had assumed that whatever I needed was included on the installation disk. I checked another pc I am using with Office 2007 and don't seem to have this file on there either. What should I do next? ...

Is there a way to put "scanable" UPC Codes into an Excel Spreadsheet
I work for a major retailer and one wway I have found to increase job performance is to be able to create excel reports. I currently cut and paste my bar codes onto the report for me employees, but I was told there is a way to "Add On" the option right into Excel. How do I go about doing that? Thank you. Am I incorrect in understanding that you literally "cut and paste" the barcodes and not in the computer sense? If so, there may be other ways but your scan generating software probably has an export feature that allows you to export to the clipboard and then past...

Please help I have modified the time card template that comes we Excel 2002
I have modified the time card template that comes we Excel 2002 its the standard template in the spreadsheet solutions under time card. I have it exactly the way I want it to work but all of the fields that you put times in will not let me go over 24 because its looking for a 24 hour time clock situation but I am using the for payroll in a flat rate hour situation i can have a 100 hours on one job. How do I get rid of that formatting that keeps me from putting in more than 24? please open the sheet and tell me how to fix it. On the sheet im sending its the Body Mech Frame Glass Paint fields Th...

Can't see any cells in Excell
I have a worksheet that I have been using for monthly reports. Every thing was fine last month but today when I went to enter my data I could not view my date when I zoomed in 100% all I got was a blank screen. I went to print and it printed fine except for any thing that was in bold print didnt print. The worksheet is saved on a floppy I tried to open it on a different computer I could do every thing with no problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled office 2000 now when I go to open up Excel program from the harddrive its blank... you can not see any cells its all gray. Never, ...

Can't install full version MS Money 2007 Deluxe
I downloaded MS Money 2007 Deluxe Trial, a few weeks ago. It installed with no problem and I have been using it since. Today, I bought, online, the full version of the above software. I can't get it to install. When I try, I get the following message: "Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Setup has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem." Checking online does nothing. Should I completely uninstall the "trial" version? I don't want to lose my data. I have it backed up. Thanks, WLW In microsoft.public.money, wlwallick wrote: >...

Excel 2007 dynamic chart range correction
*** There was a mistake in my original post, please disregard and refer only to the following. Thank you. *** The table below feeds a 3d Column Chart in Excel 2007. It needs to be dynamic, so when figures for 4/6/2010, 4/7/2010, etc are added the chart updates appropriately. The “4/1/2010” is in cell c1. There is a dynamic range in use, where c1.cc6 is named “dynRngSalesProg” … =OFFSET(SalesProgress!$C$1,0,0,6,COUNTA(SalesProgress!dynRngSalesProg) … But the chart [series] turns that into a static range. On 4/3/2010 the chart’s Select Data showed the following: ='Sal...

Import Excel List to Contacts
I have large Excel file that I use for a mailing list. I would like to import this list into Outlook 2002. If I attempt this using the Wizard, will all of the entries be entered into Contacts, as if I had typed them all individually? There are 300+ names so I am looking to avoid all that typing. Is there anything that I would have to do to the Excel file to prepare it for import? All help appreciated Thanks "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:822602c9-6811-414e-b868-b8b5de157bc9@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I have large Excel file that ...

Importing / Linking Dynamic Data or ASP Tables into Excel ?
Hello, I have been working with the "Get External Data" Feature of excel and it works great for scraping HTML Tables from websites and linking to them in your spread sheet I also like the fact that you can use a refresh function to update data in your spreadsheet that is linked to a HTML table on the Internet. My ISSUE is this when I use this feature of excel on a dynamically populated ASP table it does not work it seems to be unable to grab the data from these type of tables and since more and more sites these days are converting over to dynamic data driven website...

Another frustrating Excel problem
Hi. I'm having an incredibly annoying problem with Excel again. I'm trying to do some basic lookup spreadsheets, for hockey statistics purposes. I have a multi-tab book, and my goal is to have a couple of tabs to dump raw data in from a database on the net, and then the main tabs will automatically pull and work with the data i dump in to the 2 raw tabs. I have it all set and working in every way except for one bloody tab, and its driving me nuts. I have some really basic information dropped in to the sheet. Essentially column C contains the players names, and then columns G H and I ...

Excel Cell Formats
How do I format cells in the Canadian postal code format? What's to format? Simply treat it as text. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CE059EE-8938-4915-B364-2D0D1F1D9449@microsoft.com... > How do I format cells in the Canadian postal code format? By typing the space. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm &q...

Can both office 2007 and office 2003 operate at the same time
I just want to use both office 2007 and office 2003 while I am getting use to office 2007. Is it possible to run both on one computer? Is it possible? Yes. Is it a good idea? No. (And Microsoft recommends against it.) You are asking for configuration problems now and in the future. Unless you are interested in dual-booting or a virtual environment - and honestly, why bother - the wisest course of action is to take advantage of the enormous amount of instructional material available on the web. The 'old fashioned' method - a book - also works well. Besides, everyone...

F1 and Office 2007
I bought a new HP Pavillion using Windows 7. My Help files in Office 2007 are now written in code. F1 ceases to exist. In addition, I have to load ALL of Microsoft's updates by hand. They do not like to be downloaded automatically although they are suggested daily AND REJECTED daily. I am not enjoying my new computer or Windows 7 very much. Thank you so much for letting me share. How about paying for my therapy? -- Living large in So Cal You don't have an Office problem, you have a Win problem "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Default ink settings Office 2007
Does anyone know how to set the default ink settings in Office 2007 (particularly word 07)? As an example, I prefer ballpoint pen with green rather than red marker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

if conditions in EXCEL
Hi. Generally, how can we apply an if condition in a column?. For example let say that I have a column D1:D1000. How can I say in D1001, if all cells include numbers multiply them (D1*D2*….D1000), else if one cell include text or blank then don’t print anything in D1001. Thank you. This should give you a start =IF(OR(ISBLANK(D1:D8),ISTEXT(D1:D8)),"",D1*D2*D3*D4*D5*D6*D7*D8) Insert as a array Ctrl + Shift + Enter. -- VBA Noob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Calculating absence periods in a rolling 12 months in excel
Help! Tring to put a spreadsheet together that calculates how many absence periods fall in a rolling 12 months. Have created a listing of absences for an individual for example, with columns for first date of absence and last date of absence and number of working days lost. Now wish to somehow calculate the total number of absence periods (not days) that fall in the last 12 months in one cell. 12 months prior to todays date (=now()). ! Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Mark Hi if the starting date is in column A and the ending date in column B try the following formulas C1: =NOW...

Importing Lotus organiser 6.0 to outlook 2007
I wish to import the Lotus Organiser 6.0 data file with Diary, Contacts etc to Outlook 2007. There is a filter for Lotus Organiser 5.0 but not for 6.0. The filter in Outlook 2007, will not see the 6.0 file. Can anyone assist please How to import Lotus Organizer 6.0 data in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297129 Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010" ...

How disable an Excel dialog box?
My entire spreadsheet is locked/password protected in such a manner that users cannot select any locked or unlocked cells. However, if a user double clicks on any cell, Excel will display a dialog box that says the following: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only!...." etc, etc.... Is it possible to disable this particular dialog box so I can display my own custom userform instead?? Can I somehow place some code in the "Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick()" event subroutine to tell Excel to display my own cu...

Still having importing difficulties. (from excel to RMS)
My suppliers have fowarded their upc codes (barcode #s) to me in an excel format and shy of manually entering all my inventory by hand is there anyone out there that can tell me how to import them from excel to RMS. I can't get a hold of my supplier to find out more about the maintenance program from microsoft called customersource. I understand that this might help. I came across something called "STORE_OPERATIONS_IMPORT_UTILITY" does mean anything? please help somebody. We have a good utility that does what you need [item import and catalogue import]. Contact me for...

Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files
I have suddenly begun experiencing a problem when trying to open Excel files or the application itself. I get Windows Installer saying it's trying to load Office XP Small Business, and asking for the CD. I don't have the CD, as my PC came loaded with Office already on it. When I subsequently click "Cancel", I get an "Error 1706... setup cannot find the required files". I have not done anything new to my PC, and suddenly this problem. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, AMC Contact the company who sold you the PC, I don't thin...

Pull info from access to excel userfom and edit an existing record
Hi All, I have created a system which consists of a Userform in excell and database in Access. Rite now I have the following features in the form: - Users can insert data into the database through the userform by clicking a button "Enter" I want to add two more features: 1. I want users to pull info from the database into userform fields Eg: if user enters "User ID: " fields like "Name" "Phone" "Fax" should be pulled from access into respective userform fields. 2. Once the user pulls these data from access, the user sh...