Excel 2003 - VBA - Workbook Open Event

Hi Guys:

A quick question on the "Workbook Open" event: When I load up Excel and open
the workbook, this event triggers. If I then close the workbook, without
closing Excel, then open the workbook, it does not occur. Close down the
worksheet and Excel, then open it, it triggers.

Is this normal operation?

Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set
Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook.

Craig

0
brandtcraig (111)
6/3/2008 3:17:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Also put in
sub auto_open()
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message
> Hi Guys:
>

> A quick question on the "Workbook Open" event: When I load up Excel and
> open
> the workbook, this event triggers. If I then close the workbook, without
> closing Excel, then open the workbook, it does not occur. Close down the
> worksheet and Excel, then open it, it triggers.
>
> Is this normal operation?
>
> Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set
> Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook.
>

> Craig

0
dguillett1 (2487)
6/3/2008 3:49:27 PM
>>Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set
>>Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook.

Seems likely.   If events are enabled the workbook_open event should fire no
matter how many times a workbook is opened and closed.

--
Jim
"Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message
| Hi Guys:
|

| A quick question on the "Workbook Open" event: When I load up Excel and
open
| the workbook, this event triggers. If I then close the workbook, without
| closing Excel, then open the workbook, it does not occur. Close down the
| worksheet and Excel, then open it, it triggers.
|
| Is this normal operation?
|
| Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set
| Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook.
|

| Craig

0
jrrech (1932)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Cannot Open 2000 Money Backup
My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. Can anyone help open this? In microsoft.public.money, Kate wrote: >My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. I tried to open my Money >Backup and it says I need the MBF and takes me to a site on the Internet. >Can anyone help open this? Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create...

owa cant open ppt attachments

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9