Excel 2003 documents migration to 2007

Hello Excel Mania.... :)

I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007,
including its macro and chart.

After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes
between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with
this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to
analyze the differences.

Any advise ?, refference site or application ?
Thanks
--
Chaos organized believer
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Eldi

If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them
you can use this

http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Excel Mania.... :)
>
> I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007,
> including its macro and chart.
>
> After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes
> between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with
> this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to
> analyze the differences.
>
> Any advise ?, refference site or application ?
> Thanks
> --
> Chaos organized believer

0
rondebruin (3790)
12/15/2008 6:28:14 PM
wow ! thanks Ron, you're helpful and handy...

umm...., there's problem annoy me about graph and macro on the conversion...

What I believe is Microsoft removing/replacing/moving matters which is
cosmetic features, functions and formulas in Excel 2007.

Will the original document matters in new converted document gonna be loss
or forced to be converted ?

Thanks

--
Chaos organized believer

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Eldi
>
> If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them
> you can use this
>
> http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Excel Mania.... :)
> >
> > I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007,
> > including its macro and chart.
> >
> > After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes
> > between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with
> > this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to
> > analyze the differences.
> >
> > Any advise ?, refference site or application ?
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Chaos organized believer

Not lost

Try one of the files manual and see what happens

Open a xls file in 2007
Click on the Office button
Choose Convert
Choose the xlsm format
Save it

--

> wow ! thanks Ron, you're helpful and handy...
>
> umm...., there's problem annoy me about graph and macro on the conversion...
>
> What I believe is Microsoft removing/replacing/moving matters which is
> cosmetic features, functions and formulas in Excel 2007.
>
> Will the original document matters in new converted document gonna be loss
> or forced to be converted ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Chaos organized believer
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Eldi
>>
>> If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them
>> you can use this
>>
>> http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello Excel Mania.... :)
>> >
>> > I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007,
>> > including its macro and chart.
>> >
>> > After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes
>> > between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with
>> > this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to
>> > analyze the differences.
>> >
>> > Any advise ?, refference site or application ?
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Chaos organized believer

0
rondebruin (3790)
12/15/2008 7:24:17 PM
I add information about it on this page

Help: Different Excel file formats and Excel versions
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm

--

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uo$KDruXJHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Not lost
>
> Try one of the files manual and see what happens
>
> Open a xls file in 2007
> Click on the Office button
> Choose Convert
> Choose the xlsm format
> Save it
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> wow ! thanks Ron, you're helpful and handy...
>>
>> umm...., there's problem annoy me about graph and macro on the conversion...
>>
>> What I believe is Microsoft removing/replacing/moving matters which is
>> cosmetic features, functions and formulas in Excel 2007.
>>
>> Will the original document matters in new converted document gonna be loss
>> or forced to be converted ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Chaos organized believer
>>

>> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Eldi
>>>
>>> If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them
>>> you can use this
>>>
>>> http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>>

>>> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
rondebruin (3790)
12/15/2008 9:29:22 PM
thanks Ron, I've tested
http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/

The tools were good, I choose to use ofc for the migration but I have a
little problem to define more than one folder location, for example I want to
list following folders :

\\dropbox\files
\\mainserver\office\excel
\\localserver\documents

will this application gonna work if I insert multi "fldr=" ?

Thanks
--
Chaos organized believer

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> I add information about it on this page
>
> Help: Different Excel file formats and Excel versions
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uo$KDruXJHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Not lost
> >
> > Try one of the files manual and see what happens
> >
> > Open a xls file in 2007
> > Click on the Office button
> > Choose Convert
> > Choose the xlsm format
> > Save it
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
> >

> > "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> wow ! thanks Ron, you're helpful and handy...
> >>
> >> umm...., there's problem annoy me about graph and macro on the conversion...
> >>
> >> What I believe is Microsoft removing/replacing/moving matters which is
> >> cosmetic features, functions and formulas in Excel 2007.
> >>
> >> Will the original document matters in new converted document gonna be loss
> >> or forced to be converted ?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --
> >> Chaos organized believer

Hi Eldi

I try to test it this weekend if I have time

--

> thanks Ron, I've tested
> http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
>
> The tools were good, I choose to use ofc for the migration but I have a
> little problem to define more than one folder location, for example I want to
> list following folders :
>
> \\dropbox\files
> \\mainserver\office\excel
> \\localserver\documents
>
> will this application gonna work if I insert multi "fldr=" ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Chaos organized believer
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> I add information about it on this page
>>
>> Help: Different Excel file formats and Excel versions
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uo$KDruXJHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Not lost
>> >
>> > Try one of the files manual and see what happens
>> >
>> > Open a xls file in 2007
>> > Click on the Office button
>> > Choose Convert
>> > Choose the xlsm format
>> > Save it
>> >

>> > --
>> >
>> > Regards Ron de Bruin
>> > http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>> >

>> > "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
rondebruin (3790)
12/19/2008 3:47:43 PM
Hi Ron,
any solution for multi folder ?

--
Chaos organized believer

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Eldi
>
> I try to test it this weekend if I have time
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks Ron, I've tested
> > http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
> >
> > The tools were good, I choose to use ofc for the migration but I have a
> > little problem to define more than one folder location, for example I want to
> > list following folders :
> >
> > \\dropbox\files
> > \\mainserver\office\excel
> > \\localserver\documents
> >
> > will this application gonna work if I insert multi "fldr=" ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Chaos organized believer
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> I add information about it on this page
> >>
> >> Help: Different Excel file formats and Excel versions
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007filesin2003.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Sorry, not looked at

If I have time I do

--

> Hi Ron,
> any solution for multi folder ?
>
> --
> Chaos organized believer
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Eldi
>>
>> I try to test it this weekend if I have time
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Eldi Munggaran" <EldiMunggaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thanks Ron, I've tested
>> > http://www.labnol.org/software/bulk-convert-office-documents-in-2007-format/4291/
>> >
>> > The tools were good, I choose to use ofc for the migration but I have a
>> > little problem to define more than one folder location, for example I want to
>> > list following folders :
>> >
>> > \\dropbox\files
>> > \\mainserver\office\excel
>> > \\localserver\documents
>> >
>> > will this application gonna work if I insert multi "fldr=" ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Chaos organized believer

0
rondebruin (3790)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Excel DNS query

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...