EXcel 2003 - Conditionally fomatting a column of cells if they contain a certain word

I've trying to implement the advice in  John Walkenbachs book
regarding formatting cells in a column in my spreadsheet if they
contain the word "PLANS"
Cannot get it to work
Can anyone please help?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi,

by exemple, select column A and doing the conditional formatting with this formula
  =SEARCH("PLANS",$A1)>0

--
isabelle

Le 2011-07-20 11:13, kop202 a �crit :
> I've trying to implement the advice in  John Walkenbachs book
> regarding formatting cells in a column in my spreadsheet if they
> contain the word "PLANS"
> Cannot get it to work
> Can anyone please help?
0
isabelle

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

move cell contents

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Counting number of X's in a column

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Addressing within Exchange 2003

make subreport2 visible based on condition
Help, I am running Access 2003 and have trouble getting this work right. I have an unbound subreport that contains 3 additional subreports. I want only one of the 3 to be visible based on the value in a combo box on a selection form. I can't seem to get the reference right and have tried several variations. If Forms!frmWeeklyGLrpt!cboCC = 1 Then Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDA.Visible = True Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDB.Visible = False Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDC.Visible = False End If If Forms!frmWeeklyGL...

How do I use traffic lights in excel