Excel 2000 Crashes

I can open excel spreadsheets no problem. As soon as I try to change the
font, or the font size, it crashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try changing to a different printer driver to see if that helps.

Or maybe a different video driver????

--

Dave Peterson
0

I will try new drivers.
Thanks
> Try changing to a different printer driver to see if that helps.
>
> Or maybe a different video driver????
>
> Jeremy Ricketts wrote:
>>
>> I can open excel spreadsheets no problem. As soon as I try to change the
>> font, or the font size, it crashes. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Working with Excel #2
Dear friends! I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? Many thanks! Hi Igor2005, > I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number > with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? > That is only possible with either: - an addin (search google, there should be something for this, I recall seeing it but misplaced the link). - or by formatting the cell as text (but you won't be able to do math with the number easily then) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ad...

Excel 2007 and XML with inline schema
Hi. I have XML data that I want to be more user-friendly when its opened in excel. The user can create a web Query which will return the xml to them - ( pointing to the URL with the XML information)- and they can refresh the query each time they open the document in excel. Unfortunately- they have to format the data in excel manually. I wanted to associate an inline schema with the data to format the date cells, number cells etc. but the schema is not recognised in Excel. I have been just trying to get excel to recognise an inline schema- is this possible in the Excel? Any information regardi...

Practical Jokes in Excel?
Hello - What practical jokes have you played with Excel, either VBA or just built-in features? With all of the creativity on this Board, I figure there's got to be quite a few gems out there ... One of my coworkers thinks he knows it all, so I'd like to punk him ... my initial thought was a macro that would speak something (using text-to-speech) or play a sound when a specific key is pressed (say, the SHIFT or CTRL keys). I have absolutely no idea where to start with this ... thoughts? Looking forward to seeing what's been done before! //ray On Mar 2, 12:43=...

Problem replicating public folders from 2000 -> 2003 after migration
Hi all We have almost finished migration of our existing Small Business Server 2000 - Exchange Server 2000 (Build 6249.4 SP3) to a new server running Windows Server 2003 (v5.2.3790) and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise (Build 7226.6 SP1). Migration of mail has completed successfully but we are having a major issue replicating public folders and system information (eg. Offline address book) to the new server. Replication is set up as per microsoft KB article Q307917 and now (several hours later) we are seeing the following under the replication status: Server Name Replication Sta...

bubble charts from an excel cube function table that randomly fail
I have a table that uses cube functions to present data to the user according to variables they select from drop down boxes. The table works very well. I also have three bubble charts that plot the 20 rows of table data. 90% of the time, the plots are accurate and legible. 10% of the time, instead of getting my 20 data points, I get a single data point that is typically in the lower right hand corner of the chart. The data are correct in the table - but not plotted correctly. If I change the drop down box selections to a group that I know works, the charts are again correct. I am...

sql server 2000: most frequented tables -> script wanted
hallo, could someone please provide me a script, which throws the most frequented tables used within a sql server 2000 database? i am aware of one (see below) for sql server 2005, but due to new functionalities within sql server 2005 it can not be backported. SELECT TOP 20 db_name(database_ID), object_name(object_id), leaf_insert_count, leaf_delete_Count, leaf_update_count, range_scan_count, row_lock_count FROM sys.dm_db_index_operational_stats(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) WHERE db_name(database_ID)='<Datenbank-Name>' ORDER BY leaf_update_count desc --oder ...

Excel loads slow
We just recently upgraded to XP SP2 with Office XP SP3. Before, on 2000, our users did not have a problem opening files from a certain directory. Now, while in Excel, the click the open folder and it takes 30-45 seconds for them to navigate to each folder in the directory. Any thoughts as to why XP is slower when drilling down through the folders? Thanks. Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. Shane wrote: > We just recently upgraded to XP SP2 with Off...

project mgmt add on for excel
Is there a project management add on for excel inc. gant charts? ...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Excel For Mac 04-23-10
Several people in our company recently started to use MACs. They cannot open ..xlsx files we have created in Excel 2007. Does anyone know what the solution is to this issue. Thanks. We do not need to run macros. But they just need to open the files. Mike H. - Be sure Mac Excel 2008 has the most recent updates, currently 12.2.4, and then run the Mac disk utility to repair permissions. If you have the problem when you're using 12.2.4, I suggest posting in the very active newsgroup microsoft.public.mac.office.excel. To avoid offending some Mac users, be sure to re...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Temporary Excel files.
Hi, does anyone know where Excel stores its temp files to managing multiple opened copies of the same workbook? Word stores its lock files in same directory of the opened document, but Excel? Thanks in advance for the answers. Alex On a single user (non-networked pc), excel will put a few files in your windows temp folder. But I think it does more than just that. (Just guessing!) When the workbook is on a network, excel/windows is smart enough to be able to tell that second person the the file is in use. If the only indicator were on the first user's temp file, then the seco...

Import into Access from Excel, passing a variable as the field...
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet with a header that contains the exact same 30 names as the corresponding 30 fields in an Access DB table, and Row 2 below the Header contains the data I want to import. Instead, of physically typing all 30 fields in the code, I have a macro that loops through each "field" name that it got from the spreadsheet header. When I run this macro I get "run-time error '3265' Item not found in this collection', however, when I specify the actual field Name manually it works. This what I have: Dim iColumn As Integer Dim FieldName As ...

VBA to export large tables from Excel to SQL Server

money 2003 crashes frequently with Event 1000 and Event 1001
Hi, I have been using money 2003 deluxe edition for about 6 months now, and the program had worked fine till about last week. Then, all of a sudden, the program started crashing with Errors in event log, with Event ID 1000 and 1001 registered. It offers no further details. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing Money 2003. Seems like the problem persists. Please help. Shaikh. ...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

UNION query taking 5 minutes for approx 2000 records
I am dealing with data from two hospitals, each with their version of the database. I am trying to group records of admissions and discharges from each hospital by patient (URN), date of admission (DOA), date of discharge (DISCH) and time of admission (TOA) where at least one patient record represents a transfer from hosp A (KEMH) to hosp B (PMH) ie where demogr_urPM.ADMIT_SOURCE Like "KEMH*". The individual SELECT queries run quickly enough but the UNION query I am using takes approx 5 min to return about 2000 records. The source tables, demogr_ur (for hosp A) and demogr...

Excel 97 on Windows XP data sort error
I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel updates and the microsoft website says I already have all updates. Please tell what sort of errors. "Steve P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00af01c39601$ad0c3d20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on > Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel > updates and the microsoft website says I already have all > updates. Sort errors are almost always data problems. You might have numeri...

Excel saved as Word
A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks! > Anyone dealt with this? Yup - killed the colleague. Not much you can do unless you have a backup. In article <976401c3ea61$1d23f950$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and > saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the > first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with th...

Excel Font Problem
Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, it prints in white which is too hard to see. I have the font set at black. How do I get ALL the numbers to print in black One thing to possibly check: 1. Tools > Options > Color and try Reset. HTH Select those cells and see what Format>Conditional Formattting reveals. Sounds like you have a setting that whites the font on values <1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:09:04 -0700, Heather S <Heather S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, ...