Excel 2000 - ComboBox or ListBox VBA

I have created an attendance worksheet that details names as column headers
and dates as row headers.  I want to place a Combo Box in the intersecting
cells that pulls from an abbreviations listing on another worksheet.  I also
must be able to sum the selected abbreviations or run a pivot table.  I would
rather do this all in Access, but my supervisor won't go for it.

I used the following code and the drop-down worked for a minute, but now it
just shows the chosen abbreviation.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
Forms.ComboBox1.List = Array("A", "D", "E", "H", "I", "B", "L", "N", "P",
"S", "T", "V", "W")
End Sub

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Jeff
0
Jeff1 (635)
4/23/2008 7:17:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jeff,

I think you'd be better off using Data Validation in the intersecting cells.
No code required to fill the choices, and since the entries are actually in
the cells - unlike combo/listboxes - they will be much easier to sum and you
won't spend all your time trying to keep those combo/listboxes in their
place.

hth,

Doug

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created an attendance worksheet that details names as column headers
> and dates as row headers.  I want to place a Combo Box in the intersecting
> cells that pulls from an abbreviations listing on another worksheet.  I
> also
> must be able to sum the selected abbreviations or run a pivot table.  I
> would
> rather do this all in Access, but my supervisor won't go for it.
>
> I used the following code and the drop-down worked for a minute, but now
> it
> just shows the chosen abbreviation.
>
> Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
> Forms.ComboBox1.List = Array("A", "D", "E", "H", "I", "B", "L", "N", "P",
> "S", "T", "V", "W")
> End Sub
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
> Jeff

0
nobodyhere (32)

number rounding in MS Excel

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

compact database in VBA access 2007

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel