Excel 2000 #4

I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to
absolute?
0
billytre (3)
5/17/2006 9:31:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do you that they are produced via formulae?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them
> absolute?

No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Do you that they are produced via formulae?
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct)
>
> "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them
> > absolute?

0
billytre (3)
5/17/2006 9:45:02 AM
Now what does "relative" mean then?
Can you give examples of your numbers?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A38B457-7910-4DC1-8F65-7A81C69212CF@microsoft.com...
| No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging.
|
| "Bob Phillips" wrote:
|
| > Do you that they are produced via formulae?
| >
| > --
| >  HTH
| >
| > Bob Phillips
| >
| > (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct)
| >
| > "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them
| > > absolute?

0
nicolaus (2022)
5/17/2006 10:03:30 AM
Thanks Niek

9000, 9001, 9002 and on.

9000 is absolute ( a real number), while subsequent numbers are connected by
the auto fill (relative I guess) to the first number 9000. When I sort the
spreadsheet these numbers get moved around in unpredictable ways.

regards  Billytre

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> Now what does "relative" mean then?
> Can you give examples of your numbers?
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A38B457-7910-4DC1-8F65-7A81C69212CF@microsoft.com...
> | No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging.
> |
> | "Bob Phillips" wrote:
> |
> | > Do you that they are produced via formulae?
> | >
> | > --
> | >  HTH
> | >
> | > Bob Phillips
> | >
> | > (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct)
> | >
> | > "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
billytre (3)

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

Printing check register #4
Is there a way to print the check register every month. Example print check register from 12/1/07 to 12/30/07. I dont want to print the whole register mine goes back to 1998. I want a hard copy like a checkbook every month. Rick Under reports, try Account Transactions. You can set dates, which account, and which columns you want to see. "Rick" <rick_falls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uh0%235lvpHHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print the check register every month. > Example print check reg...

excel VBA

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

excel #76
i have two different spreadsheets containing two columns, column A contains reference numbers (both sheets will have the same refernces) column B will contain the amounts which may differ on each sheet. i need to run a compare program to identify all amounts that differ between the spreadsheets for the same refernce number. for eample sheet 1 reference no amount 111 120.00 112 345.90 113 122.50 sheet 2 reference no amount 111 0.00 112 345.90 113 100.00 how can i find out the amounts and refernces...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Resources #4
Is there a way to get in compile time (or at least in run time) "ProductName" from VS_VERSION_INFO? I'd like this: AfxMessageBox(CString("My app is: ") + MyApp->Resources->GetField("ProductName")); instead of: AfxMessageBox("My app is: MyAppName"); I'd just like all resource strings to be in one place. You can use GetFileVersionInfo and VerQueryValue functions. AliR "Black Banana" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:unFrQRXxEHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Is there a way to get in...

Scrolling in Excel
Please help My spreadsheet has a 'frozen' row at the top containing column headers, when I scroll down through my rows below, excel scrolls down 3 rows at a time. Now because my data in the rows below is in sections (1 section contains 5 rows) sometimes I end up viewing 2 different sections (half of one and half of the one below) at the same time. Is there anyway you can instruct excel to only jump down so many lines when you scroll down? Many thanks -- Bensum Change the mouse wheel settings in the Control Panel of the operating system you use. Bensum wrote...

MS Query #4
First, does someone know of a document that provides details on MS Query functions and their syntax. For example, I know I can use left, right, etc. What other functions exist? I want to do some parsing on some data fields and need to determine the length of the field and the place where certain characters are located within that field. Thanks. Hi ODBC query syntax is determined by driver, not by Excel. Usually it's like the syntax, used in database system, from where you get data. P.e. the syntax for FoxPro/VisualFox ODBC query is much like to syntax, you use with queries in F...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Pocket Excel
I have a reasonably complicated excel quoting document that contains various formulae. Is there anyway I can check to see if it will work on Excel Pocket (PPC 2003) before I go out and buy a PDA. This will be it's primary function. Is there some kind of emulator or reduced down version of Excel I can use? Hi, The PocketPC 2003 SDK is available to download from MS, I'm not sure, but I was told (by someone I can't remember), that it may have the PPC2003 emulator in it. If so, you should be able to use that. You may also need to download ActiveSync 3.7 to be able to upload...

Copy and paste from Excel to GridView
Hello, is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet into the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? Luigi On May 21, 4:29=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet i= nto > the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? > > Luigi You mean from a single cell or entire table? The standard gridview control is a data-bound control for rendering data. It has no paste function. To copy and paste values from Excel you can use a separated textbox...