Error that prevents Copy Worksheet to another Tab

When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another 
excel file, I get the error listed below.  I can move the worksheet, I just 
can not copy it.  

Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 
‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons:

•	The file name or path does not exist.
•	The file is being used by another program.
•	The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open 
workbook.


Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open 
a file.  The program has not problem opening files.

I don’t know about Bullet Point 2.  I have not check on the programs that 
load up at the startup file.  However, this just started happening again.  
There were no new programs added when this error started up again.

Bullet Point 3 doesn’t apply since I am not trying to save a file.

This error also pops up every time I open the Excel Program.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003.  It was fine for about a week and 
then happened again. 

This is frustrating.  Please help.

0
Jeff1 (635)
12/4/2005 4:24:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
356 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

I don't know if this fits, but the only time I had this trouble is when that
single worksheet (to be copied) was corrupted.  I rebuilt it and all worked ok.

As a work around, I would move the worksheet elsewhere and then close without
saving.  Then open and move it back.  

Does this only happen with this one workbook/worksheet or does it happen all the
time?



Jeff wrote:
> 
> When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another
> excel file, I get the error listed below.  I can move the worksheet, I just
> can not copy it.
> 
> Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file
> ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons:
> 
> •     The file name or path does not exist.
> •     The file is being used by another program.
> •     The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
> workbook.
> 
> Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open
> a file.  The program has not problem opening files.
> 
> I don’t know about Bullet Point 2.  I have not check on the programs that
> load up at the startup file.  However, this just started happening again.
> There were no new programs added when this error started up again.
> 
> Bullet Point 3 doesn’t apply since I am not trying to save a file.
> 
> This error also pops up every time I open the Excel Program.
> 
> I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003.  It was fine for about a week and
> then happened again.
> 
> This is frustrating.  Please help.

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
12/4/2005 5:31:07 PM
Dave,

Thank you for the response.  

What you wrote is eactly how I work around the problem.  Thanks for the tip.

Since I uninstalled and then reinstalled office 2003 it has not happened as 
often.  However, it happens on more then one worksheet.

Sometimes when I open Excel 2003 I get the same message even before I open 
the file.  I'm thinking that one of my other programs must be causing it.  
I'm guessing it could be an antivirus or antispam software.

Thanks for your help.



"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I don't know if this fits, but the only time I had this trouble is when that
> single worksheet (to be copied) was corrupted.  I rebuilt it and all worked ok.
> 
> As a work around, I would move the worksheet elsewhere and then close without
> saving.  Then open and move it back.  
> 
> Does this only happen with this one workbook/worksheet or does it happen all the
> time?
> 
> 
> 
> Jeff wrote:
> > 
> > When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another
> > excel file, I get the error listed below.  I can move the worksheet, I just
> > can not copy it.
> > 
> > Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file
> > ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons:
> > 
> > •     The file name or path does not exist.
> > •     The file is being used by another program.
> > •     The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
> > workbook.
> > 
> > Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open
> > a file.  The program has not problem opening files.
> > 
> > I don’t know about Bullet Point 2.  I have not check on the programs that
> > load up at the startup file.  However, this just started happening again.
> > There were no new programs added when this error started up again.
> > 
> > Bullet Point 3 doesn’t apply since I am not trying to save a file.
> > 
> > This error also pops up every time I open the Excel Program.
> > 
> > I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003.  It was fine for about a week and
> > then happened again.
> > 
> > This is frustrating.  Please help.
> 
> -- 
> 
> Dave Peterson
> 
0
Jeff1 (635)
12/4/2005 10:57:02 PM
Does it happen with lots of different workbooks?

If it's just one (or a couple), then maybe those workbooks need to rebuilt.

If it doesn't happen all the time, I wouldn't guess that it was excel itself. 
(But that's just a guess.)

Jeff wrote:
> 
> Dave,
> 
> Thank you for the response.
> 
> What you wrote is eactly how I work around the problem.  Thanks for the tip.
> 
> Since I uninstalled and then reinstalled office 2003 it has not happened as
> often.  However, it happens on more then one worksheet.
> 
> Sometimes when I open Excel 2003 I get the same message even before I open
> the file.  I'm thinking that one of my other programs must be causing it.
> I'm guessing it could be an antivirus or antispam software.
> 
> Thanks for your help.
> 
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> 
> > I don't know if this fits, but the only time I had this trouble is when that
> > single worksheet (to be copied) was corrupted.  I rebuilt it and all worked ok.
> >
> > As a work around, I would move the worksheet elsewhere and then close without
> > saving.  Then open and move it back.
> >
> > Does this only happen with this one workbook/worksheet or does it happen all the
> > time?
> >
> >
> >
> > Jeff wrote:
> > >
> > > When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another
> > > excel file, I get the error listed below.  I can move the worksheet, I just
> > > can not copy it.
> > >
> > > Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file
> > > ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons:
> > >
> > > •     The file name or path does not exist.
> > > •     The file is being used by another program.
> > > •     The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
> > > workbook.
> > >
> > > Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open
> > > a file.  The program has not problem opening files.
> > >
> > > I don’t know about Bullet Point 2.  I have not check on the programs that
> > > load up at the startup file.  However, this just started happening again.
> > > There were no new programs added when this error started up again.
> > >
> > > Bullet Point 3 doesn’t apply since I am not trying to save a file.
> > >
> > > This error also pops up every time I open the Excel Program.
> > >
> > > I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003.  It was fine for about a week and
> > > then happened again.
> > >
> > > This is frustrating.  Please help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
12/4/2005 11:11:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

All macros failing part way through with different error messages
All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way through - with different error messages each time. When I check the debugger and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a problem. The macro has so far stopped on instructions to : - open a workbook - select a worksheet - paste a column in a different place Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and without showing an error message. I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please help! NO way to help unless you tell us exactly...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

how to set the worksheet direction in Excel XP
in a right-to-left interface the vertical side showing the row numbers of the excel worksheet appears on the right side of the sheet. how do I change it' to appear on the left side? Hi does tools / options / international - default direction ... help? Cheers JulieD "inbal" <inbal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC3B0D65-78B2-4B5B-A6B2-789773203853@microsoft.com... > in a right-to-left interface the vertical side showing the row numbers of > the > excel worksheet appears on the right side of the sheet. how do I change > it' > to a...

Hiding sheet tab names
I created an automated workbook where I need to keep the sheet tab name hidden from the user. I went into Tools-Options-View and unchecke Sheet Tabs. Then I protected the workbook and the sheet yet the use can still go into Tools-Options-View and re-check the Sheet Tabs t view them again. How do I lock the user out of viewing the sheet tabs? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use the "very hidden" property that prevents users from viewing hidden worksheets without using VBA: Dim ws2 As Worksheet For Each ws2 In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If w...

VLookup in VBA giving error message
Hi, I'm having trouble making the vlookup function work in VBA. the values that are used are all dates, I don't know if that makes a difference. Worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = application.WorksheetFunction. _ Vlookup(Range("c1"), range("a:a"), 2) this gives me a run-time error '1004' Unable to get the vlookup property of the Worksheet function class so i tried this: Worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = application.Vlookup(Range("c1"), _ range("a:a"), 2) but this gives me a #REF ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error
I received this error while trying to run this wizard for a generic CRM user(what role does it have to have?) that would accept all email directly to CRM. I ran it on a client computer (was this wrong?) Here is the error, anyway. "Failed to initialize the rule management subsystem." What is the correct procedure to run this wizard? I did not find it anywhere. Thanks! ...

Yet another duplicate record dilemma
I have a table with records where one field are duplicates. I'm able to query to find duplicates and delete them, however what I need to do is find the duplicates, produce a total from another field, delete the duplicates and update the record field with the new total. Use the Find duplicates wizard, the build an Update query and either add to the field: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = MyField + Query1.MyField or just update it: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = Query1.MyField Then delete the duplicate data. -- Ar...

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Copy constructor
Dear people, I have a class C1 which contains a member variable of class C2. C2 didn't have a copy constructor up to now but due to a change needed (and got) one, and an assignment operator as well. Now when compiling, I get en error C2558: "class C1: No copy constructor available or copy constructor has been declared 'explicit'". It is correct that C1 doesn't have a copy constructor but I thought that the default copy constructor just calls the assignment operators of the members. Since C2 has an explicitly programmed assignment operator - where is the mi...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

copy does not work in word 2003
I can't seem to copy from word 2003. I select text but it won't take it. I can copy from an e-mail and paste into word, but word doesn't seem to want to copy, either from one word document to another or into my e-mail. It's been working fine for almost four years, it just acted up. Any suggestions? The usual reason is some third party add-in that is messing with the Office clipboard. If you start Word in Safe Mode, can you copy/paste normally then? From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in winword /a and press Enter. Word will start in Safe Mode. Open two doc...

Catch all outgoing email on Exchange and send copy to specified account
Hi all. I have been asked to find out if there is anyway to configure our mail server to catch all outgoing email from certain email accounts on our Exchange 2003 Enterprise server and forward a copy of this email to a specified account, also on the Exchange server. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. On 25 Oct 2006 04:10:54 -0700, googlegroups@tlbsolutions.com wrote: >Hi all. > >I have been asked to find out if there is anyway to configure our mail >server to catch all outgoing email from certain email accounts on our >Exchange 2003 Enterpr...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

Select all of a certain column across multiple worksheets
Is there an easy way to simultaneously select (or do a find-and-replace) on column H on every worksheet of an entire multi-sheet workbook, without having to select that column on each individual worksheet by hand? Charles Belov SFMTA Webmaster http://www.sfmta.com/webmaster Right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all sheets" In activesheet select the column............will be selected on all sheets. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:43:02 -0700, "Charles Belov" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote: >Is there an easy way to simultaneously se...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Sql Agent Error
After installing CRM we are receiving the following error. "An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart) We have CRM on a SBS 2003 machine and SQL EE 2000 on a W2K3 machine. Both are DCs the SBS holds all FS...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...