Error of Type 1

Whenever I try to download a report from Quickbooks to Excel an error
message pops up that says:  The application Microsoft Excel has unexpectedly
quit because of an error of type 1. Save work in another application and
restart your computer.

Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks, Judy@maxamlabs.com

0
judy6863 (1)
1/22/2004 6:32:57 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Error of type 1 is the Mac OS 8/9 message for a memory violation. The
most common cause is allocating too little memory to XL. With XL closed,
select the application icon, and choose File/Get Info/Memory and
increase the "preferred" memory allocation by 5MB or so, or at least 3
times the default value. Do not adjust the "minimum" allocation.

If this doesn't solve the problem, post a message to the
microsoft.public.mac.office.excel newsgroup. Be sure to include both
your OS version and your version of XL.

In article <BC355759.291%judy@maxamlabs.com>,
 Judy Bradbury <judy@maxamlabs.com> wrote:

> Whenever I try to download a report from Quickbooks to Excel an error
> message pops up that says:  The application Microsoft Excel has unexpectedly
> quit because of an error of type 1. Save work in another application and
> restart your computer.
>
> Does anyone know what this means?
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)

Outlook Slow & Errors
When I close Outlook2000 I keep getting this error message. "Program C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office]Outlook.exe" I'm using Office 2000 Prof ed, with Wind2k. Also, its real slow loading from one click to the next. A lot of time outs waiting for download of emails. HAd been working fine a couple of weeks ago, but steadily getting worse. Rest of computer seems fine, except when Outlook locks up. How do I correct? ...

GP login error
Hi everyone. When i load a new chunk file for one of my GP product modules, i get the following error: "A get/change first operation on table 'System_Setup' cannot find the table". This table belongs to the SETUP window of the product. All the palettes, tables, stored procs are created by clicking the appropriate buttons on this SETUP window. In other words, the tables are not created automatically. I then ran two scripts that create all the tables i need for the module. I then relaunched GP and loaded the chunk file, and it works with no problems. The problem is, this...

Run-time error 1004 11-16-09
The code that I am trying to use is very simple. I would like to replicare automatically a formula along many cells, one yes and one no along a given range. So I tried to build a macro: sub a () for i 4 to 400 step 2 range(i).formula="=if(a2<b2;a2;b2) next i end sub The macro doesn't work even without the for-next cicle. On the contrary, the formula =if(a2<b2;a2;b2) works as expected when placed in a cell of the worksheet inside which I want to run the macro. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help, Riccardo Not sure that the following is really the answ...

Error 0X80072030
Hello, I am trying to install a Front End server and I get the following error when I am installing Exchange. (K:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:2777) Error code 0X80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. [14:41:44] Leaving ScSetFlagOnServerHeuristics [14:41:44] CAtomServer::ScRemoveDSObjects (K:\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\server\a_server.cxx:498) Error code 0X80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. [14:41:44] Leaving CAtomServer::ScRemoveDSObjects [14:41:44] CBaseAtom::ScRemove (K:\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\base...

chart type affecting data order
When I change the chart type from bar to line (for example), it changes the order that the data is displayed in the data table. How do I keep data in the data table in the same order that I entered it? You would have to use an alternative to a data table. Make a table in the worksheet, where you have much finer control over what appears, where it appears, and how it appears (formats). Then either situate the chart close to this table, or use the camera tool to paste a dynamic picture of the table one or near the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Crm sql error 05-24-07
When i try to do a full text search on my knowladge base articles i receive an error saying - "sql server timeout expired." i have checked and full text search is enabled on the sql server. how do i enable it and where? ...

Multiple Domains 1 Exchange 2003 server
This is a little odd and I am growing frustrated, perhaps someone here has a solution. I have one Exchange 2003 server with 2 domain names for emails. Setting this up was simple enough and people get emails to both domains. Here is the problem we are having. Joe has two email addresses, joe@abc.com and joe@xyz.com. joe@abc is the default. Now an outside person sends Joe an email @abc.com. It bounces back with the error: RCPT TO generated following response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@abc.com However if this same person send an email to joe@xyz.com it works fine. Let me also point out ...

Calc error
Got a tricky error in my Excel (2004 for Mac, Version 11.2 (050714) The difference between the two figures: a1 6833.40 a2 6828.66 Important note: both figures were manually entered exactly as above, no further (hidden) digits. Is correctly calculated by Excel as 4.74 in cell a3. So far, so good. However, when increasing the number of digits for a3 to the max of 30, then Excel returns the result: 4.739999999999780000000000000000, Why is this? Thanks, Michel Hi Michel, See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Michel Finschi" <tes...

An error occurred....report.dll. Reload Money
I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any ideas? On Feb 9, 1:14 pm, johnmohlengr...@gmail.com wrote: > I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead > everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any > ideas? Cal, Any ideas? ...

Error after importing organisation
Hi, After importing one organisation into another, we are getting the error 'Record is Unavailable. The selected record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it'. We get this when just trying to load/access the home page on crm 4.0. Any suggestions? Many thanks Matt ...

Error while trying to establish connection to SQL Server from MSVS 2008
Hi, I hope you can help me with this I've been working on this all day! I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 on my laptop, SQL Server 2005 was a part of this install (on the same laptop). When I tried to create a connection to this database engine I got the error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open...

new appointment --> record unavailable error
When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointment as having a General failure in scheduling engine from then on. I am going crazy on this one, anyone a suggestion? thanks, Robert the first error might be ...

Error Microsoft VBScript (0x800A03EC)
Hello, I'm trying to export a chart build within a ASP page in VBScript. See the code : Set GR = CreateObject("MSGraph.application") GR.Visible = False .... .... GR.Chart.Export "c:\chart.gif" This code give me the Error : Microsoft VBScript (0x800A03EC) !!! Does anyone know wat is appening ? Thanks Philou ...

Error During Downloading Messages in Outlook 2003
I am connected to an exchange server and all of a sudden i receive the following error 'Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I looked at the article that one of the gentleman sent me however thats for a POP3 account and i am using an exchange server. Hope someone can help. Best Regards ...

Error message when backing up pst file
I have OL 2007 running on Vista - when trying to back up pst file get the following error code:0x80070021 The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. Can anyone explain this please? This is why Microsoft does NOT support the use of pst files over a network......You also run the very considerable risk of corrupting pst files that are accessed over a network. Put the files onto a local drive, and if you need to have them on a network location for daily backing-up then write a script to copy them after Outlook has closed. ...

MFC Dlls between VS 6, and VS 7.1
Hi there, quick question about MFC dlls. If I compile a simple "hello world" app in Visual C++ 6, and I type in at the command prompt: dumpbin /dependents hello.exe I get a list of the DLLs that hello.exe depends on: MFC42.DLL MSVCRT.dll KERNEL32.dll USER32.dll GDI32.dll COMCTL32.dll OLEAUT32.dll I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet). Could someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs it depends on using dumpbin? I'm asking because I know my clients only have MFC42.dll on their machines and I...

close opportunity Status reason drop down is "-1"

Tracing Precedents and Dependents
Hi, In an older version of Excel I used to be able to click on a cell that DIDN'T have any precedents or dependents, and select the TRACE button, and simply hear a BEEP. I liked that -- I could move right on to the next cell and check again. Now, for some reason, when I select the tool when there is no precedent or dependent, then I get an Error Dialog Box telling me there are none -- and I have to click OK for the box to go away. I go through literally hundered of cells checking dependents and precedents on some projects, and this is a MAJOR inconvenience. I suspect there is an easy ...

interface not registed error while sending mail in ms outlook2003
While sending email in MS Outlook 2003 error showong Interface not registed. Please give me solution how to rectify it. Thanx & Regards Dipankar Sanyal Start->run, type "regsvr32.exe ole32.dll" and press okay. This should = reregister the object and get rid of the error message. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, DIPANKAR SANYAL asked: | While sending email in MS Outlook 2003 error showon...

550 5.1.1 user unknown
We have a client that gets the error below intermittently. I have worked with this client's IT staff over the phone to help resolve the issue. The thing is is that they can send e-mails to us half the time and the other times they get the message below. This happens to all users within our organization with this client. They client's IT staff seems pretty comfortable that it is not their end but this is the only client we have problems with. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? If so, any advice would be appreciated. thanks! Sent <<&...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Write-Output of XML value has type format like "System.Xml.X..."
Hi, I want to output some value using Write-Output or Write-Host along with some comments. After reading the xml file and while executing the write-output command, its not printing the value, its printing the variable type along with xml structure not the value :( Please let me know how to print the correct output. See below the example for details. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Variable.xml ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

where to find doc. for Microsoft defined types
Is there a place where all the Microsoft data type definitions can be found (e.g. BOOL, Hwnd, UINT , etc. etc. . . .)? without having to hunt through all the .h files? My most recent snag: in a dialog box, I have class wizard define a member value variable for a checkbox, which shows up as a BOOL. In my code, I stored it in a variable defined as bool. Of course, this gives a warning, so I change mine to BOOL and everythings ok. But I would really like to know what BOOL is - so far, I haven't found it, but there are so many .h files ....... TIA for any guidance. ...

Error when I click on mailto: links
Greetings, I get an error message when I click on any links that use the mailto: code. Here's the error: Title: Problem with Shortcut Text: The amil program was unable to send mail. I use Windows 98 and Office XP. I use Outlook XP, not Outlook Express as my default mail app. I have ensured that Outlook XP is my default e-mail program. I have also made sure that under Internet Options--> Application, it says that Outlook is my mail program. Anything else I can do? Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Steve Miller" wrote: > Greetings,...

Clean free busy error Outlook 2000/2003
"unable to save free/busy information" is the error that I am starting to see on a number of different users workstations. They are trying to add information into another users calendar which they have the appropriate access to. I have tried the clean free busy switch that is all over the Internet (on both the users side and the user attempting access), removed and then re-added the permissions to the calendar, also tried office SP1 and 2, also changed their user profiles with no change. It is only happening to a few users but the number is starting to grow and we are starting to w...