error no memory with one workbook

Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding
new sheet macros etc

But lately if i open workbook 1  on its own it is fine but if i try and
open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message
box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second
workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking
they might be the trouble, but still no joy

If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and
work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1
that is creating the problem, has any one heard or had this before can
i scan the workbook file etc

Need help please

Have the same problem on other PCs

Running excel 2000

Does some time bring up the need to close/send report box if I click to
many times

Many thanks

--
raw
raw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28312

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Getting a "Reserved Error 3099"
Hi I've developed an application and deployed in an ACCDR format. First of all this format generates a lot of errors in Vista/Windows 7 and it works fine in XP. I have been forced to release the ACCDB to Vista/W7 users. But now both the ACCDB and ACCDR versions shows this error during a valid and legitimate call "database.execute(sql string)". That sql command is correct and works fine, but on that machine I see "Error Number 3000: Reserved Error (-3099); there is no message for this error" This is really annoying since I don't know what's wrong a...

Script Error 190 Permission Denied - Customization - Account
When trying to select a 2nd row in the Edit Filter Criteria window I get a 190 script error. Thus, I am unable to perform an 'OR' in the filtering. This error happens on other workstations, so I think it is a bug. It does not occur when performing the same action in Advanced Find versus Customization. Comments ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Error with domain trusts
Morning all, I've struggling to establish domain traust between 2 Windows 2003 domain controllers: Domain A Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 Domain B Domain Functional Level Windows 2000 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 I've setup a DNS zone on each of the domains DC's as a secondary from it's opposite and zone transfers are working, I;ve also created an HOSTS file entry for both domains DC's on their opposits. When I validate the trusts I get this message: Domain B validating Domain A: ...

Error serializing derived Custom Collection Class
I am receiving an error stating that File or Assembly name <filname.dll>, or one of its dependencies, was not found In one assembly I have three abstract classes In another I have three derived classes from the abstract classes The 1st class contains the 2nd class The 2nd class is a custom collection for the 3rd class when I serialize the 1st class I am receiving the error. The classes look like the following: Abstract classes: using System; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace AbstractClasses { public abstract class ContainerBase { private LocationsCollectionBase _loc...

Way around error?
Hi, all. I'm making a number of function overloads for a 'capitlizing' function, it's purpose to convert an input string to mixed upper and lower case as though it were (for example) a name. The (char *) version's giving me some grief. The code (below) works if the string is allocated from the heap, but not from the stack (access violation). i.e., if I use: char instring[9] = "john doe"; I get back "John Doe". If I use char *instring = "john doe"; I get the access violation at the first attempt to modify the string. Similarly, if I cal...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

Workbook Deactivate event seems to occur too late
Just curious, as this has bit me more than once. Why is the Workbook Deactivate event fired *after* the ActiveWorkbook has already been changed? It makes referencing cells in the "deactivating" workbook unaddressable using simple Ranges. I've had to resort to changing my code from this: set llr = Range("LogLevel") to this: set llr = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Support").Range("LogLevel") in order to get and set data in the workbook being deactivated. Besides being more complex of an expression, this would also be a problem if n...

Get error message when press Test account setting
I just set up a new POP account on my Outlook and i get this message everytime i press the Test Account settings button. Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field. I still can send and receiev mail but this error is really bugging me. ...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

Problem executing a macro from different workbook where it is
Hi everibody, I have a macro in a workbook called, for example, WB1.xls. The macro takes differentes ranges and copy them in another location. ex. : Public Sub ZeroizaModeloSteve() Set wbModelo = Application.Workbooks(Mid(cteLibModelo, 2)) Set wsI = wbModelo.Sheets("I") Set wsT = wbModelo.Sheets("T") Set wsmodelo = wbModelo.Sheets(cteHojaModelo) Set wsZeroing = wbModelo.Sheets(cteHojaZeoring) wsI.Range("F50:IS50").Copy wsI.Range("F51").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues end sub 'i have omitted declaration variables and desct...

Showing multiple pages of a workbook
How can I easily show 2 pages of a workbook on the same screen and sync the scrolling? Jim Rech posted this: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=eGtL9Sbu%24GA.207%40cppssbbsa03 It may do what you want (well, if you change it to Trues). And I think that I've seen posts that this is built into xl2003. (but not sure) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm RBS wrote: > > How can I easily show 2 pages of a workbook on the same screen and sync the > scrolling? -- Dave Peterson D...

Multiple Outlook Profiles Open at One Time
Hi, I pull mail from an Exchange server (through POP) - to keep it on my own box. However, I need to save most items - thus I run into the large .pst file. I have thought about setting up a new profile every three to six months - but I always need to access my older mail. Is there a way to open more than one instance of Outlook - to different profiles at one time? Or does anyone have any other suggestions. I've tried other files - on the outlook bar - however they are not configured like email messages. Thanks, Patty Multiple profiles would be overkill here. All you need ...

DIV/O Error
Here is the wrong way: =IF(B91/(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87),(B91-(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87))*0.5+(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87)*0.166722) This example was kindly provided and I must post for those at my level to learn the better practice approach. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87)=0, "", IF(B91<>0, B91/2 - SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87) * (0.5 - 0.166722),"")) Thanks jem! ...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

One "Resume Next" or two?
Suppose I have error handling code similar to the following: Err_MyFunction: on error resume next rst1.close rst2.close I don't want to see an error message from trying to close recordset vars which are already closed. I actually want/expect them to be closed. But of course, depending on where the error occurred, one or both rst vars might still be open when the error handler fires, so I put the "resume next" statement to guard against this eventuality. But suppose both rst vars are already closed when the error handler fires? In this case, both close state...

Error in result of transformation when length > 16040 bytes
I have written an XSLT transformation on an ASP.NET page. The resulting HTML is primarily a table of links. I have found that when the resulting HTML is less than or equal to 16040 bytes, the output display is normal, but when the resulting HTML exceeds 16040 bytes, the output does not display correctly. When I look at View Source, I see that the final </html> tag gets moved to another spot in the output, byte by byte as I increase the size, that is, at 16041 bytes, the final > gets moved, at 16042 bytes the final l> get moved, etc. And as the output size increases, more...

Scheduling Meeting error.
While scheduling a meeting in Outlook, I go to my calendar, select the time, invite a conference room (there are no attendees other than the conference room), track it to a Lead in CRM, and hit send. I get an error that says “Scheduling Error; The following potential problems have been found. No resources have been selected for this activity. Do you want to ignore these error and Save?” Does anyone know why the conference room is not being recognized as a resource? Did you set it up as a resource in CRM? "Kirk Anderson" wrote: > While scheduling a meeting in Outlook...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

strange error message on start up: Office 2004
HI Everybody, I just installed MS Office 2004 on my new iMac. When I open a new word document I get a dialogue box saying: "An unexpected error occurred while trying load Microsoft Framework Library." Is there any way I can get this message to stop? Thanks!! Your installation of Office needs to be updated. Locate the AutoUpdate app that was installed into your Applications folder & run it to download/apply the updates beginning with 11.3.5 on through 11.4.0 - Did you not get a prompt about updating during the installation? -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <gr...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...