Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges

Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem:
Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add.
This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is
the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right
newsgroup even?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

0
gh1 (11)
3/2/2004 5:37:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Upgrading from 2004 Small Business Edition ???
I have a few questions about upgrading from 2004 Small Business Edition. 1) Am I correct in assuming that I must upgrade to 2007 Home & Business? Is this the correct product migration? 2) Are there are issues with upgrading from 2004 SBE to 2007 H&B? Any chance of losing settings, schedule C stuff, invoices, etc.? 3) Are there any upgrade discounts, or do you just have to pay full price every year/upgrade? Thanks, Chuck In microsoft.public.money, cdh wrote: >I have a few questions about upgrading from 2004 Small Business Edition. > >1) Am I correct in assuming that...

Active Sync timeed out with DEV_10
I have problems with sync my mobile. normally the mobile syncs 100 Objects and then stops. Next time it syncs the next 100 objects and stops again. Does anybody know why just one hundred !? On the Device I got the following error (at the end of the log) =-=- [15/3/2006 9:26:8.0] -=-= =-=-=-= Server Response =-=-=- No Header Found, got error: 80070006 Thanks Marc ...

excel's active cell
how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves angelaexceluser, have a look at Chip's addin here for one way to do it, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "angelaexceluser" <angelaexceluser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48BB20C8-3DF8-43AB-B913-9CDB2A288748@microsoft.com... > how to highlight the active cell with a color ...

What is the different between the Canidian Edition and US?? Why Canada only have Standard???
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Activity without date
In my current project plan I know a few activities that will be conducted, more specifically meetings that are important. Now, I don't know the date they will happen yet and I want to indicate that by adding the activity but not entering a date. Is that allowed in MS Project? Since Project is designed to calculate dates, not only can you enter a task without a date, you should be entering ALL tasks without dates and then Project tells you when you should schedule them. -- Steve House MS Project Trainer & Consultant "Hertsh" <Hertsh@discussions.microsoft....

Can
I need an IF then state to Edit/paste special/value into the cell so that the value only remains, not the function. I only want it to calculate once. Is there an easy way? Thank you Hi Ron this can not be done with a formula, you need to use VBA code ... this can be done "automatically" via a Worksheet_Change procedure, e.g. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then Range("A3").Copy Range("A3").PasteSpecial (xl...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

notification when new mail arrive if outlook is not active
Is there possibility to have notification when new mail arrive, even outlook is not open >-----Original Message----- >Is there possibility to have notification when new mail >arrive, even outlook is not open >. > To set up a notification, go to Tools --> Options --> Email Options and check the box 'Display a notification message when new email arrives'. This can only work if Outlook is open. I now that but I need notification if Outlook is not started!!! >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>Is there possibility...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active membe
How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active members" in CRM 4.0? Any help is appreciated. I have used the following code giving object required error code: /************************************************************** * Change the default view of the Marketing List Members (Account) **************************************************************/ if (crmForm.all.createdfromcode.DataValue == 1) { if (crmForm.FormType != 1 && crmForm.FormType != 5 && crmForm.FormType != 6) { /************************************************************** ...

Per user gantts
Hi, using MSP 2007 with around 10 projects linked into a master project. I need to have a *per user* view of each resources remaining work, along with a graphical view of the tasks. Several ways to do this, with the isssues they have: - can use resource usage view: shows the tasks for each user across all projects, and the remaining work and timeframe in which those hours are (anticipated) to be expended. Two problems with this: 1) I want to show them a gantt view rather than hours per day/week; 2) they don't see the task hierarchy from which those tasks originate. - Can use...

MS Publisher Avery CD insert designs
ok, shot in the dark here... i'm using MS Publisher and want to create some CD inserts. I download a template from the internet although i want to adjust it slightly. The template contains some dotted guide-lines (which don't get printed) which show the layout of the CD inserts (same applies for templates of CD labels). These dotted lines are not 'mormal' guidelines and they don't exist on the master-page. They are not selectable and they don't print. They're not printer's marks (cut-marks). I have no idea how to remove/edit these 'layout lines'....

Select range in macro
Hi all. I have found a macro that will email the active worksheet. On the worksheet I have 2 command buttons and some instructions for the operater so they know where to input info. How can I select a range so that only a specific area will be sent. Below is the macro and the area I want to send is ("A1:J69"). Your help would be of great help. Regards Chris Public Sub Email_Midnight_Report() Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook With wb .SaveAs "Email_ " &...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

Pasting a long range
Can a formula be copied down a long range without dragging? Suppose I had a formula in B1 that I wanted copied down to B8000. I used to do this years ago in Supercalc as follows: /(C)opy,B1,<enter>,B2:B8000,<enter>. The cursor could be in any cell when you did this. This method would save time for long ranges. Using Excel 97. Thanks for any help. Ken Ken, here is one way, select B1, then in the name box type B8000, then shift+enter, then Ctrl d -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgro...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

Charting
My chart shows temperatures in fresh water. The Y-axis is turned to show the depth of the lake by double- clicking the scale. In this dialog box I can put in the maximum and minimum values and a value to show how the depth should increase. The X-axis should visualize the temperatures being lower according to deeper water. (As a plan B I can refer to a range of cells representing the temperatures. This works.) It is possible to turn on an option so that it is possible to alter values on the X-axis the same way as on the Y-axis. How do I turn on that option? You don't mention ...

Address/Region Matching by ZIP Code Range
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to populate an address table with the linking ID of a region table. Here are the specifics: tblLeads contains address information with a ZIP (ZIP Code) field and a field for RegionID tblRegions contains the fields of: - StartZIP - start of the Left(ZIP,3) range. - EndZIP - end of the Left(ZIP,3) range. - RegionID - a unique ID assigned to each region What I'm looking for is an update query for tblLeads that looks up the RegionID value from Left([tblLeads].[ZIP],3) between StartZIP and EndZIP. My goal is to then relate my tblLeads table b...

Rich Text Edit Double Click Parsing
I've got a rich edit control. When I double click the numbers in the text "15:34.534" I get the numbers, and not the entirety of the text. How do I change this behavior? I can do it programaticly, but I know there is some nifty way out there to do it. Anyone know that way? You could subclass the control, intercept the double-click, and do whatever you want. There is a character-from-point function, CharFromPos, that will allow you to start a two-way parse to do it yourself. joe On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:04:14 -0500, "Lee Coleman" <vasic@cox.net> wrote:...

Can the cities listed under the various time zones be edited
Oslo is not displayed under time zone Sh2008;114869 Wrote: > Oslo is not displayed under time zone You can't edit that list, but why do you care? You certainly know what time zone Oslo's in, so choose that time zone. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com In Windows time zone list? Yes, it's just a registry setting, but its usually not worth the hassle. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...

Find value in a range, then use value in adyacent cell
I'm trying to build a league table for soccer and I have a problem i having all automatic. My goal is that league stats should update a soon as I insert results in the "matches od the day" table. I'l explain my table: A,B,C,D Team1,3,0,Team2 Team3,1,0,Team4 Team5,0,0,Team6 I need a formula to find the team in the column A (only one column a time as I have tables for home and away games), and IF it finds it THEN it should read the value in the SAME row but in adyacent column ( or C for example), IF not tha it should leave blank. I tried: =FIND(B1:B3; A1:A3) but I don...

HOw to Allow Mail
I have 1 Exchange server 2003 I have 2 domain names Business 1 is allready coming in on the Exchange. I have another domain name called Business 2 how do you allow Business 2 to come into the Business 1 Exchange server?? I can not find any info on this. Any whit paper on this or can someone point me to some info.. Thanks You need to look into Recipient Policies. Go into ESM and look for the default recipient policy. You should see that this is where you configured the domain name for business 1. You simply need to add the domain name for business 2 here. Read this: http://support.mi...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

Internal Users' Info On Spam
I have recently installed Outlook 2003 onto my desktop here at work. I have noticed that I have been getting SOMA solicitations but the headers contain the information of some co workers and some people in my in / sent box (es). Could anyone please help me to understand why this is happening. I have 15 computers on my network and no other machine (all others are on OL2K or OLXP) are symptomatic. PLEASE ADVISE ...

Unable to edit closed POs
We have allowed edit of closed purchase orders, but when client pulls up closed po the all fields are grayed out. This is allowed through operations manager on server and workstation. Any way to make this work? Thanks Randy, What version of RMS are you using? I have tried in version 1.3 and 2.0 and when "Allow Editing of Closed Purchase Orders" is checked under Manager->File->Configuration->Options Tab->Purchase Order options. I did have to close out of the Purchase Order Lookup window and re-open it. One other possibility is that RMS Security may be setup to not...