Enter month, get the first date

Hi,

I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the
month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the first
date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used the
formula "First date cell + 1"

any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

0
Gaurav
5/7/2010 4:45:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson
0
 =DATE(2010,MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","June","July","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"},0),1)and returns the first day of the month specified in A1best wishes--Bernard LiengmeMicrosoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme"Gaurav" <myselfgaurav@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:u22KDVg7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...> Hi,>> I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once themonth is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the firstdate of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used theformula "First date cell + 1">> any help will be appreciated!!>> Thanks a lot in advance.>
0
Bernard
5/7/2010 5:50:52 PM
Thanks a tonn!!!

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@TRUENORTH.stfx.ca> wrote in message
> A1 has a data validation list of
> {Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,June,July,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec}
> B1 has the formula:
> =DATE(2010,MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","June","July","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"},0),1)and
> returns the first day of the month specified in A1best wishes--Bernard
> LiengmeMicrosoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme"Gaurav"
> <myselfgaurav@gmail.com> wrote in
> messagenews:u22KDVg7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...> Hi,>> I want to be
> able to select the month from the drop down list and once themonth is
> selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the firstdate of
> the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used theformula
> "First date cell + 1">> any help will be appreciated!!>> Thanks a lot in
> advance.>

0
Gaurav

Entering A Price into POS
I'm trying figure out a way to automaically take a % off an item and enter the regular price into the input field in POS. In other words, we want to enter a regular priced item at the POS and have the program calculate 50% off the price on the fly. This is for a special item that we have a variety of pricing that need to be keyed in. Jerry, Just to clarify you want to take 50% off an item that you have the system prompting you to enter in the price? -- or -- Are these items prices already set? If so, then you can use the Inventory Wizard in Store Ops Manager to set the Sale Price ...

Problem with Date Manipulation
Okay.. Im not a kid, 36, been working with excel for years & last year did up to intermediate courses in Access. However, that being said because you guys are very keen in here, so I dont want to sound stupid, whilst my understanding on alot of excel is generally on the layman terms! Heres my problem. Im making a simple spreadsheet. I have a widget that enters my facility on one date, it then exits another. I know by setting up EXIT - ENTER = DAYS I have my duration in the facility. BUT---> I dont want the weekends to count as days! Material arrives every weekday & exits the...

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Entering arithmetic operations
Hello. I'm a 1-2-3 user who is trying to become familiar with Excel. I have a very basic question, and would appreciate any help from experienced users. In 1-2-3, if one opens a sheet and enters "4*5" the cell will show "20". Entering "10/2" will yield "5". But in Excel, even if the cells are specifically formatted as Number, it seems to be necessary to put "=" in front, so that one has to enter "=4*5" or "=10/2". Since the equal sign is in only one place and not on the extended numeric keyboard, I have to ...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

Getting Mailbox Sizes in 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working on an Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration. Is there any easy way to = get a list of mailboxes with their sizes from the Exchange 5.5 = directory? I know I can use System Admin to see each server and then = export the list, but is there a way to this, maybe with a script so I = don't have to export the list from each server separately? Thanks. Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Co...

How do I get a scrollbar in a textfield
Is it possible to make a scrollbar in a textfield in publisher 2003. If the answer is Yes, than my question is: How? If the answer is No, than can you tell me if there is an alternative to show lots of text with use of an scrollbar. jebe wrote: > Is it possible to make a scrollbar in a textfield in publisher 2003. If the > answer is Yes, than my question is: How? If the answer is No, than can you > tell me if there is an alternative to show lots of text with use of an > scrollbar. Publisher is primarily designed for creating documents to be read on a printed page. Obviousl...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

Getting rid of #DIV/0! #2
Does anybody know a quick way of getting rid of the error message #DIV/0!. Like a way to change it into just 0 or something? Thanks Erin Here are some typical ways.... For values in A1 and B1 Different ways depending on your anticipated values.... C1: =IF(B1<>0,A1/B1,0) OR C1: =IF(N(B1)<>0,A1/B1,0) OR C1: =IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),0,A1/B1) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "erin" wrote: > Does anybody know a quick way of getting rid of the error message > #DIV/0!. Like a way to change it into just 0 or something? Than...

Tabbing into continuous subform ignores the first control
When I tab into the subform, from the last position in the main form, the focus moves to the second control in the continuous subform except on the first record entered in a session. I shift+tab back to the first control and the tabbing is normal from then on until the next record gets to the subform. The order of the controls on the subform is the same as the fields in the underlying table and the effect is the same in Datasheet view (of the subform). This first control on the subform is a combo box if that effects anything. Is there a way to get the tabbing right? ern. No, I thought the...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

Newbie question, can't get a handle on the handles <g> ... ?
How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third, how do we do this? I'm sorry for such a simple question, but I've looked through the help and on the web and I think it's because I don't know what it's called. Anyhoo, pls advise! Tx. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Dylan56 <No@SpamAtAll.com> > How do we manipulate text that needs to flow to another box, i.e., > when working in two columns and we need text to flow to a third,...

How to get http response after post
Hi everyone, My pseudo code and question are folowing: //Code_Start void CTryDlg::OnStart3() { CFile f; DWORD dwStatus; DWORD dwBuffLen = sizeof(dwStatus); BOOL bSuccess; CHttpConnection *cn; CHttpFile *httpf; CString strSentence,strGetSentence; CString strHttpName = "http://www.eee.com/login.asp"; char opt[] = "UserName=uuu&Password=ppp"; CString strHeaders = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n"; CInternetSession session("IE 5.0"); try { cn = session.GetHttpConnection("www.dailygraphs.com",0,INTERNET_DEFAULT...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

converting dates
Hi All I have a couple of excel problems to do with dates (Excel XP/2002). I have a formula that displays one date minus another and displays the answer as the number of days. Firstly, is it possible to convert the data to display as year and days (375 displays as 1 year and 10 days) as it displays as a decimal point when I divide by 365. Secondly does anyone know a formula that sorts out leap years (see above). Any help, suggestions or tutorial links greatly appreciated Rexmann As long as you assume 1 year is always 365 days =INT(A1/365)&" year(s) "&MOD(A1,365)&&q...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

can't get pc to hibernate
I have windows XP sp2, Sometimes in hibernation mode the shut down process gets as far as "preparing to hibernate" and then the screen freezes. I then have to use the on-off button to close the pc. Can anyone help in rectifying this problem? I can copy the system information details to here if that will help. -- laurence withau Laurence, check out this Excellent Shutdown Troubleshooter http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php "laurence withau" <laurencewithau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E97F9CA4-E8BA-41D3-81...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Sort search results by date
It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date. I would like to see my most recent questions at the top. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

how to enter a bond in Money 2004?
Hello! I just purchases Money 2004 Premium and want to enter a bond that I bought a few years back. It has a set price I bought it at (eg. $1000), which matures 5 years later at $1200. It is a non-US bond. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks for helping the inexperienced! ...

Monthly contract lines
Hello, I need to be able to provide my clients 60 minutes allotments each month, then start again with a clean set of 60 minutes each month. What is the best way of doing this? I.e. perhaps automatically create a new contract line each month? Thanks for your recommendation Tony ...

Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home.
Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home At http://ukcitygirls.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...