Embedded Word Document

Hi,
I have got an excel sheet with an embedded word document within it.
I have a problem when it comes to printing out the sheet.

If the user has type information into the embedded word document and it
has gone over two or more pages, only the first page gets printed. Is
there a way to get the others printed out?

Thanks for any help.
pG

--
purplegerbil
purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try inserting some ALT-TABS in the text to force linefeeds.  This may help if
the problem is related to 1024 characters.
--
Gary''s Student

"purplegerbil" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have got an excel sheet with an embedded word document within it.
> I have a problem when it comes to printing out the sheet.
>
> If the user has type information into the embedded word document and it
> has gone over two or more pages, only the first page gets printed. Is
> there a way to get the others printed out?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> pG
>

> --
> purplegerbil
> purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480638

0
GarysStudent (1572)
10/31/2005 8:46:03 PM
Hi
I have attached an example of what I am trying to do.

If there are more than 1 page in the embeded word document, only the
first page is being printed.

|Filename: Book1.zip                                                |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3980     |

purplegerbil
purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480638

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

Word art to PDF file
When I use Word Art in a document and save it as a PDF file - the word art is not readable or has a large black shadow behind it. How do I fix this? -- Becky What version Publisher are you using? Are there gradients in your WordArt? This article addresses 2003 but it is true for 2007 as well WordArt gradient fill may print incorrectly in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828829/en-us If you have Publisher 2007 you might try Office's save as PDF. You might get a more satisfactory conversion. It is a free add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

Make document location box wider in Excel 2007
Hello all, Does anyone know how to widen the docuemnt location box in Excel 2007. I cannot see the full path in any of my workbooks so it's only use is to paste it into a cell EVERY time I need to see the full path. Why they made this mysterious (or impossible) I'll never understand. Thanks ...

Excel keeps opening many documents at once
I I have an urgent problem! All of a sudden, when I opened MSExcel 2000, it tried to open many, many files, one right after the other, without regard to the file format. It also kept giving a "format is not valid" message with every document. I am running Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business (version 9.0.3822) on a Dell Dimension 8100 with lots of RAM and lots of conventional memory. My firewall is ZoneAlarm and I have Norton Antivirus. MS Office 2000 was pre-installed by Dell, I have tried re-installing MSOffice 2000, but that did not fix the problem. Thank...

Using two types of numbering systems in one document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br> I'm writing a dissertation and must follow very strict guidelines. First, I need to be able to start the numbering (roman numeral) on page iv, not showing any page numbers before that. Second - after about 15 pages I need to switch to arabic numerals. This is all in one document and I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be appreciated! <br> Thanks, <br> Michal Hi Michal, See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm -- Cheers macropod [Micr...

document prints out negative in pub after save
When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints out in a negative print Have you checked your printer settings? Do you mean just black, grey, and white or literally dark instead of light and light instead of dark? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lilly 1" <Lilly 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF25F67-F647-47FE-973D-E5E7023491F8@microsoft.com... > When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints > out > in a negative ...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

Server documentation with Visio
Hello! I would like to create a Server documentation with Visio. For example: The type of server, the vendor, disks, shares, user rights and so on. Do you know any examples for this task? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Tom If you use the Visio network diagram shapes, they all have preset data fields (called custom properties) that sit behind them and can store this type of data. For example, the Server shape in Visio 2003 (in the Basic Network Diagram template) has custom properties like: Asset Number, Serial Number, Location, Manufacturer, Part Number, etc. To look at the c...

Exchange/Outlook Problem
My boss is having problems forwarding along his joke e-mails. It seems anyone who receives his messages cannot see the embedded images. It appears the problematic mails all seem to point to resources on the yahoo mail servers(img src="cid: 1.3069514949@web180307.mail.gq1.yahoo.com" for example). The mails are being forwarded by the user from Outlook 2003, and sent via our Exchange 2003 server. The images seem to work on our end but not for others. This issue was occurring on Entourage for Mac, and I have assumed to this point that the issue is caused by complications in enco...

open encrypted word 2003 file with word 2007
Word 2007 will not let me open Word 2003 files that are encrypted. Does anyone know how to fix this? What version of Word 2007? There were some issues with SP2 (and/or a security patch) but I can't recall the details off the top of my head. There was a hotfix which caused more problems, and ultimately another hotfix - number 970924. If this isn't your situation (and I'm not sure even this affected encrypted 2003 format documents), I have not heard of anything else. Are you sure you have the correct password? -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "K...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

Excel Word crash after splash screen
After installing OSX10.2.8 and Office 10.1.5 i get the crash after the splash screen. If I remove all of the fonts from the hard disk>library>fonts, it works fine. If I add even one front to the folder (or to the user>name>library>fonts it crashes). I've copied new fonts from other computers to the folder, run Disk Warrior, etc., the only thing that seems to work is removing all the fonts. Unfortunatly I need one unsual font "Orator" that has worked fine up until yesterday... ...

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

HELP MS WORD AND EXCEL thanks for the help
I have a table in Word that has many rows and cells with text in it. I have a column of text in excel. I would like to get in excel the information from the work document of just the text that is found in my excel column. I tried vlookup but the document in word may have a sentence in it and vlook look at a whole cell not part of it. Thanks for the help very much. Example: word docuement has "table four is next to table three" in excel I have a column ...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

Edit Legend Wording
I've been trying to alter the wording of the legend text in my line graphs, but can't figure it out. My data table has headings such as "Year", "Communication Score", and "Professional Score". When I run the pivot table tool, Excel automatically adds the words "Sum of" to the titles of "Communication Score" and "Professional Score". The result is "Sum of Communication Score" and "Sum of Professional Score". How can I simply remove the words "Sum of" to this legend wording? I've used...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

can i automatically insert the filepath on a word doc?
I seem to remember getting handouts from people that had their fielpath printed on them. Is this possible in Word 2007? Yes. http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak/blog/index.php/247/word-2007-diy-insert-a-footer-with-file-name-path-in-two-clicks.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OlgaBennett" <OlgaBennett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B842B2-76A8-428A-A86A-C020B204EC94@microsoft.com... >I seem to remember getting handouts from people that had their fielpa...

How do I put a circle around a word in Publisher 2007?
I'm using Publisher 2007 for several documents that we write up on the computer. My boss was able to figure out how to do circles with our previous program (Publisher 2000), but we can't seem to figure out how to circle text in Publisher 2007. Any help? ...