Embedded Excel worksheet in PowerPoint

I'm working with an embedded excel worksheet in powerponit.   The doc is sent
to me and if I have to edit the worksheet, I find that some cells have
missing characters once I open the worksheet to edit it.   It appears that
characters beyond some length (256?) are being truncated off.   How do I
resolve this so I don't have this problem again?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This kind of problem may occur if the material was inserted into the embedded
worksheet via copy/paste from an external sheet.  A reliable approach is to
open the embedded sheet first, and from that sheet do:

File > Open... to open the external sheet

At this point cell-wise copy/paste should not drop characters
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200727

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I'm working with an embedded excel worksheet in powerponit.   The doc is sent
> to me and if I have to edit the worksheet, I find that some cells have
> missing characters once I open the worksheet to edit it.   It appears that
> characters beyond some length (256?) are being truncated off.   How do I
> resolve this so I don't have this problem again?
>
> Thanks,
> Barb Reinhardt
0
GarysStudent (1572)
6/8/2007 7:28:00 PM
Thanks.  It makes no sense, but it works.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> This kind of problem may occur if the material was inserted into the embedded
> worksheet via copy/paste from an external sheet.  A reliable approach is to
> open the embedded sheet first, and from that sheet do:
>
> File > Open... to open the external sheet
>
> At this point cell-wise copy/paste should not drop characters
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200727
>

> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>
> > I'm working with an embedded excel worksheet in powerponit.   The doc is sent
> > to me and if I have to edit the worksheet, I find that some cells have
> > missing characters once I open the worksheet to edit it.   It appears that
> > characters beyond some length (256?) are being truncated off.   How do I
> > resolve this so I don't have this problem again?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barb Reinhardt
I think the reason it works is that it insures that only one instance of
Excel is open.  Somehow this uses a different Clipboard, which permits more
material in the copy paste
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200727

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> Thanks.  It makes no sense, but it works.
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
> > This kind of problem may occur if the material was inserted into the embedded
> > worksheet via copy/paste from an external sheet.  A reliable approach is to
> > open the embedded sheet first, and from that sheet do:
> >
> > File > Open... to open the external sheet
> >
> > At this point cell-wise copy/paste should not drop characters
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu200727
> >

> > "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm working with an embedded excel worksheet in powerponit.   The doc is sent
> > > to me and if I have to edit the worksheet, I find that some cells have
> > > missing characters once I open the worksheet to edit it.   It appears that
> > > characters beyond some length (256?) are being truncated off.   How do I
> > > resolve this so I don't have this problem again?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Barb Reinhardt
0
GarysStudent (1572)