edit web query

This was working a few days ago and now doesn't.  When you try and Edit a Web
query the web query box pops up with the correct web address, but you get a
message ... "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled". The Web Query does
work as it is on automatic refresh in the background and pulls back the
correct data, I just can't edit it.  I can run IE7 with the same address and
it works fine.  I also cannot add a new web query as I only ever get the
default IE web page displayed.

the address is  http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=DGO.L&f=c1

Any ideas? I suspect an Windows automatic update has downloaded a "fix" and
broken it
0
KIG (2)
9/13/2007 11:10:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you like, send me a workbook with examples and I will take a look

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"KIG" <KIG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This was working a few days ago and now doesn't.  When you try and Edit a
> Web
> query the web query box pops up with the correct web address, but you get
> message ... "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled". The Web Query does
> work as it is on automatic refresh in the background and pulls back the
> correct data, I just can't edit it.  I can run IE7 with the same address
> and
> it works fine.  I also cannot add a new web query as I only ever get the
> default IE web page displayed.
>
> the address is  http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=DGO.L&f=c1
>
> Any ideas? I suspect an Windows automatic update has downloaded a "fix"
> and
> broken it

0
dguillett1 (2487)
9/13/2007 12:53:00 PM
I found a work around by bringing the value back as HTML not in a csv file.

Using

 http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/?s=DGO.L&f=c1

instead of

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=DGO.L&f=c1

It must be a problem with opening a csv file from a web query, probably
something to do with security.

Regards to all
0
KIG (2)

Autonumbering Query
I have 2 tables. Table 1 contains an indexed autonumber field named QID. Table 2 contains the same name field - it is a number field. The two fields are linked in the relationships as 1 to many and the form is working as expected. What I am trying to do is insert a secondary autonumber field in Table 2 which will restart at #1 everytime a new record is created in Table 1. Eg. Table 1 will have record 1, 2, 3....etc. I want Table 2 to have record 1.1, 1.2, 1.3....etc. (the 1 coming from the QID field in Table 1). The .1 etc. from the autonumber field in Table 2. Therefore ...

How to transform HTTP query string (HTML data) to xml?
Dear experts, I need to send a simple HTML form to an ASP.NET page which has to create a xml object. What technique would you recommend me to use in order to transform a HTML form data to xml? What naming convention for the input fields would be best so that I can easily parse the query string in the asp page and create the xml object? I also dispose of the .xsd schema of the xml that must be created if that could be of some use. At every request the .xsd could change so I need some general algorithm. I would greatly appreciate your help. ...

Web Site Lookup
Folks: I have a simple 1-column Excel spreadsheet containing the ticker symbols of a variety of stocks. Now, manually I can go to a website (http://www.briefing.com/Investor/Private/Calendars/EarningsCalendar.htm) & individually type in these ticker symbols then wait for the printed results to displayed on a new window. Then I would copy the data of interest to me (a single date - yy/yy/yyyy ). Eventually I got to thinking there must be some way to automate this manual task using Excel or any other program. * Is there an Excel command (or some other technique) that can take input (s...

query page with javascript
I'm trying to query a web page that uses javascript and all I am able to retrieve is the table outline without any data. I am using an iqy file, any idea how to get it to work!!! Thanks in Advance! ...

Help with a DL & Ldap query
Hi I am trying to get 15000 user from a distribution list into a recordset. objcommand.commandtext= _ "<LDAP://CN=ZZZ-All Users,OU=DistList,OU=XXX-XXX,DC=XXX,DC=XXX,DC=XXX>;(objectCategory=member); CN " The path is correct and I can get all users from an OU but I cannot get the members of a distribution list to populate the recordset. Thanks for any help - Dave You need to bind to the Distribution Group, get the member multivalued attribute in an array, then iterate through each member in the array to list group members. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ---------------...

GP 10 Web Services -- Exceptions
Hi All, 1) While trying to configure the policies under the Microsoft Dynamics Security Console, if i select policy node i am getting an exception "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name : index" 2) I written an .NET application and i am trying fetch the customers in the company through web services reference, while executing the project i am getting an exception and if i saw the detailed exception through DynamicsWebServicesExceptionConsole its saying "Microsoft.Dynamics.Security.Non...

Browsing the Global Address List in Outlook Web Access
When I am using Outlook Web Access with Exchange Server 2003 I am not able to browse the Global Address List. When you click the address book, you have to type in a search character to have names come up. Is there a Microsoft supported way to get this to automatically show all the names in the book like it does in Outlook? I have seen a few pay things where people changed the scripting. Is there any quick code that can just be inserted that can do this? Thanks for any help you can provide, as there isn't must out there on the net. That's the way it works. -- Ed Crowley MV...

web slices
This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about nothing. Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive. Hi Herb, "Herb Mann" <HerbMann@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:D2F639B0-08A5-4101-9383-A70F6971FBE4@microsoft.com... > This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or > anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about > nothing. > Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive...

Query structure and distinct
Hi I have a query where I am trying to return one "hearing" record (child record) per "case" record (parent record) if the three WHERE qualifiers are met. When use a DISTINCT statement however, the query omits hearing records when there are multiple hearing records and only 1 record meets the qualifier statements. When I don't use DISTINCT, the query obviously includes multiple hearing records for a case record where more than 1 record meets the qualifiers--which we don't want. I am including the query below. If anyone has any thoughts I would defi...

Return results from a parameter query using a custom form back into the original form....
Ok, this is my last obstacle on my first Access project. What I have is a form that users can scroll through all of the shops we deal with, about 900. On the bottom of this form are buttons A-Z so filter the form to only shops that start with those letters, and an ALL button to list all the shops again. I made a search button to be able to bring up a custom form where users can search by any part of a shop name, address, or zip. I have a marco attached to a search button to run the parameter query. Everything works fine, except that the filtered result show up in a spreadsheet view. Could some...

How to change query empty field to "0"
Hello, At the beginning forgive me at the bad English. I am a beginner in Access. I'm working on a database that deals with records warehouse. To simplify the. I have one query, for example query A, a query where the calculation of 50 items. This query A has sum by the code of materials. The second query is composed of one few table and query A. But in this table is 60 items with the calculations of other tables. The column, which is associated with a query (sum: SumOfqueryA) has a problem. 50 fields have result, and 10 field is blank because I have 50 results in QueryA. How...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Querying multiple records in two tables

MONEY 2004 WEB ACCOUNT ACCESS
I get the following microsoft error message when I provide my username and password for my online account. (After that Money crashes) _______________________________________________________ AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 6.1.8637.0 Offset: 0000d376 Try to upgrade, reinstall, or repair Internet Explorer. Msvcrt.dll is a file that will be reinstalled or updated by IE. "RS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021301c3a643$cc77f8a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get the following microsoft error message when I >...

Combining Date queries
Ok, being new to Access 2007 I am floundering on how to solve this: I have a "Patient" table wich contains: ID Referral Source Status Start Date I want to produce a report that pulls a count of the Status grouped by Referral Source, for the month and the year. So the Report should look like: Referral Status 1 1 for the month 5 for the year Status 2 3 for the month 4 for the year.... I have approached this from several directions and reached a wall. I query the ID's for the patients with...

How to resize or reposition CEdit control when editing CTreeCtrl labels?
Hey you, I have a CTreeCtrl derived control that allows user to edit selected labels. Now I want to make the CEdit control a different size, preferrably with multiline style. I'd like to see it handle 2-3 rows of text and support vertical scrolling and resizing if at all possible. I have read something about subclassing the edit control but have really no other insight about this. I couldn't find a tutorial walking me through this so what would be you guys' expert opinion on how to implement it? Best regards, markus You can get to the edit control by CTreeCtrl::GetEditCtrl()...

LIST OF SQL QUERIES FOR RMS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C896C6.7DD0DC30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit IS THERE A LIST OF SQL QUERIES FOR USE WITH RMS. FOR EXAMPLE HOW TO CANGE BARCODE TYPES WITH A QUERY ECT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C896C6.7DD0DC30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xm...

How do I send a frontpage web folder using outlook 2000?
Hi, is it possible to send a frontpage web folder using outlook 2000? Thanks ray roadracer <roadracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, is it possible to send a frontpage web folder using outlook 2000? If you zip it up. -- Brian Tillman Do I need WINZIP or will windows xp zip the folder? "Brian Tillman" wrote: > roadracer <roadracer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > Hi, is it possible to send a frontpage web folder using outlook 2000? > > If you zip it up. > -- > Brian Tillman > On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:27:08 -1000, roa...

Query Performance
Query Performance Hello, Using Access =9203=85 For those who know/understand how queries are processed=85 Is there a performance difference between these two queries? E.g., 1. Select * From myTable Where FirstName =3D =93*=94 And LastName =3D =93Doe=94 2. Select * From myTable Where LastName =3D =93Doe=94 I=92m building a query in code and am wondering if I should keep the asterisks or remove them when they stand alone like example 1. Does it matter if I=92m using Jet, Sql Server, or ORACLE with an Access fe? Thanks, alex On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:10:2...

LDAP Query [WP]
I am looking for an LDAP Query which can give me a list of all the disabled accounts with email addresses/mailboxes only. I have so many other disabled accounts too, which are not mail-enabled. Assist Please. Thank you Disabled Users http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/01/query-based-distribution-groups-and.html Query to get mailbox-enabled user accounts that are disabled: (&(objectClass=user)(mailNickname=*)(homeMDB=*)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

QA
SQL 2000 Query Analyzer. Well this seems very odd to me. Every stored procedure I can ever remember doing this with has never done this. When you have the object browser open and right click a stored procedure, one of the options is "edit". When you click that option, the procedure opens up and the definition starts with "ALTER PROCEDURE..." But last night, I had one start opening with "CREATE PROCEDURE..." instead. Every time I open it up to edit it, it says "CREATE", not "ALTER". So I droppted the proc and recreated it just to...

make table query 12-30-07
I wnated to use make table query to create temp local table at run time. It seems that the query uses "INSERT tblMyTable ... INTO ..." which is create a table from another table structure. Does MS Acess support "CREATE TABLE" query to create a brand new table temp local table and drop at the end like a temporary table? I just wanted to be a cllean database tables from user of the view to create te,p table for report for end user. Your information is great appreciated, You can create an empty table with the same structure, except for indexes and constraints, wi...