Edit a worksheet command button

Using 2003 - I have inherited a workbook that has various command
buttons on the worksheets.  The buttons are attached to a macro.
I need to edit the buttons but I can't seem to get the button into the
edit mode.  How do I do that?

Glen

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If they're commandbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, then show that
toolbar:  View|Toolbars|Control Toolbox

Then click on the Design mode icon.
Do the work
and click on that design mode icon once more to get back to normal.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave,
Just what I needed.  Thanks.

Glen

How to increase the size of toolbar buttons
G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar buttons in Publisher 2007. I have gone to Tools Options to select large icons but the option is not there. Thanks in advance, olerocker olerocker wrote: > G'Day everyone, Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of toolbar > buttons in Publisher 2007. I have gone to Tools Options to select > large icons but the option is not there. Thanks in advance, olerocker ============================= You were getting close... Go to...Tools / Customize / Options tab / Large Icons. -- J. Inzer MS...

How do I set a Publisher worksheet as wallpaper?
-- Care "Care" wrote: > How do I set a Publisher worksheet as wallpaper? =========================================== It's always a good idea to include your question in the body of your newsgroup message. If you save your Publisher project in an image format like .jpg or .bmp you can use it as wallpaper. Just open the saved picture in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer...right click it and choose..."Set as desktop background". -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp ...

Lost Data because cells become editable without request
It happened to me several times that I lost data because cell started to have a blinking cursor although it had not been clicked. will be glad to get your answer danny Any chance you hit the F2 key with that cell selected? jonasdan wrote: > > It happened to me several times that I lost data because > cell started to have a blinking cursor although it had not > been clicked. > will be glad to get your answer > danny -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets
how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and footers? There must be a way to do this. I am tired of going into each spreadsheet I open and re-entering my preffered set up; headers and footers, row height, etc. Look in Excel HELP for Template -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "robertwesley" <robertwesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94582AFD-5A5F-4680-B436-39AAE83CF733@microsoft.com... > how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and > footers? There must be a way to...

click a button & have a pic popup in excel?
I want to be able to click a button (maybe a command button) & have a pic pop up in its own box. is that possible in excel? I dont mean like a hyperlink to an outside pic in a seperate folder. "humblehero" wrote: > I want to be able to click a button (maybe a command button) & have a pic pop > up in its own box. is that possible in excel? Maybe use imagelist and a picture button? "humblehero" wrote: > I dont mean like a hyperlink to an outside pic in a seperate folder. > > "humblehero" wrote: > > > I want to be able to cli...

microsoft office 2007 portable usb edition
Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device that I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to support Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with Office 2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a USB version of Office. Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available (which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it which leads me to believe it doesn't exist....

Insert row with button
Is it possible to have a main workbook with information from other workbooks at each worksheet? I have 20 workbooks with information. I would like to haven a main workbook with on sheet1 every row from the 20workbooks with category1, on sheet2 every row from the 20workbooks with category2, etc, etc. The information in the 20workbooks in always only on sheet. The Colum in which the data is has no fix end. I go to fill in the rows trough a user-form and comes always under the last row. The mainsheet has to update every time it opens (and if possible a button on the sheet to update man...

EDIT a Calendar design
How do I edit a calendar design and then replicate my design to each month? Whenever I do this I always get the original design for each month. I have also tried editing hte Master page but that did not seem to work either. This si INFURIATING! PLEASE HELP ME Hev wrote: > How do I edit a calendar design and then replicate my > design to each month? Whenever I do this I always get the > original design for each month. I have also tried editing > hte Master page but that did not seem to work either. > This si INFURIATING! > > > PLEASE HELP ME ======================...

What's happened to the Sign In button for MS Discussion groups?
I don't see the Sign In button anymore on the MS Discussion groups pages. I'm only able to sign in through a convoluted method. Anyone else experiencing this, and what's the fix? Thanks, PatrickM On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:52:00 -0800, PatrickM <PatrickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't see the Sign In button anymore on the MS Discussion groups pages. >I'm only able to sign in through a convoluted method. Anyone else >experiencing this, I've heard the complaint. >and what's the fix? Don't use the webpages at all. Most of th...

"intersect" 2 slightly-different worksheets
Hello, All! I think this 'problem' requires a pretty simple solution; I just don't know what! Say you've got 2 worksheets, one w/ 50 rows and 6 columns, all relating to employee data (e.g., col headings like 'employee name', 'date of hire', 'hair color', and 3 other cols), and then a much longer sheet, with 500 rows, and 7 columns relating to employee data--6 of those cols being the same headings as the much-smaller sheet, but in addition the larger "master" sheet also has a column called "employee I.D. number", containing unique numb...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

Active X buttons HELP!!!
Greetings. I made a simple activex control and I tryed to use it in a modeless dialog of another application (multi document app). Check boxes, lists and everything seems to work just fine except the buttons. When I push a button, seems to loop or something (high CPU). Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance. John. Hi, I'll try to help. I think I had a similar problem once and what I did was go to Project->Add to Project -> Components and Controls -> Visual C++ Components and select "ActiveX Control containment component". That fixed my problem. Hopefully it wi...

Excel 2000, Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared
The Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared. This happened on only one workbook. Other workbooks have no problem. How do I make them reappear ? Is this something to do with the fact that the original file was in Excel 4 format ? Thanks Ben Are you writing about the workbook's close, max, min buttons or the application's? If it's the workbooks, have you tried: Window|arrange|Tiled and then resize (maybe they're just off the visible screen) If it's the application, can you right click on the excel button on the windows taskbar and choose maximize? It, too, could ...

O2000 command line /m and /a
I try to create a new Outlook 2000 message with the recepient filled and a document attached: outlook.exe /c ipm.note /a c:\file.doc /m robert@domain.com Either the /m or the /a switch alone works, when I combine both I get "The command line argument is not valid. verify the switch you are using" Did anyone succeed in using both switches at the same time ? regards, Robert ...

File is locked for editing message
I have excell 2007 and when I try to open a non shared file I created in my network share I get a message that the file is locked for editing. I have ownership of that share and I see no reason why this would come up. Is this an excel issue that can be fixed? Thanks Carl -- When you open a workbook in Excel a temporary copy is created. When you close the workbook the temporary file should be deleted. At times your OS does not do its job and the temp file is left open. This will give you the "locked for editing" message. It is usually necessary to re-boot to clear it o...

HOME button in spreadsheet

Worksheet Specific Range Name
How do I define a range name on a worksheet that is specific to that worksheet? i.e. I want to use the same range name on several worksheets. Regards, On Oct 19, 10:53 am, Alan1 <alan.do...@virgin.net> wrote: > How do I define a range name on a worksheet that is specific to that > worksheet? i.e. I want to use the same range name on several > worksheets. > > Regards, 1 Select the range of cells that you want to name. 2 Choose Name from the Insert menu, then choose Define. Excel displays the Define Name dialog box. 3 In the Names in Workbook box, enter the name of the c...

Extended Worksheet data entry form -Debra Dalgleish/Dave Peterson pls help
Hi Dave, I came across your worksheet data entry form, adapted the idea for my project and it worked perfectly fine. Right now, i received a feedback from my team asking whether an edit feature can be incorporated to this worksheet.I suggested them to do the editing direct to the cell but they were hoping there will be a macro solution. Is there a way that we can call back the entire row (the one that needs to be edited) of data in parts data sheet, have them appear in a new sheet and make the changes there. Plus there is an additional criteria whereby we only want to allow them to change 2 ...

Help for "AP Edit Checks" is deceptive.
On the "AP Edits Checks" screen, the Help for the "Delete" button says "...it removes the voucher from the system...". Thankfully it doesn't. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Co...

Regeneration Of 401 Worksheet
I have a HQ system running with a number of stores. When i generate a 401 worksheet and approve it, the stores connect at there scheduled times and process the worksheet succesfully, but no new 401 is regenerated. It is my understanding that as long as a schedule is present and the 401 is successfull, then the next one should be automatic. Can anyone give me any advice or help in where to look, to find out why this is happening? ...

No entire view in edited shift dropdown list Nursing Schedule Exc
I am using the Nursing Scheduling template for a Dr Emergency room Schedule. I had to change both the department and shift list dropdowns on the data sheet. All 12 of department list edits work fine on the Schedule page. Five (the bottom 5) of the 12 edited shift do not show on the Schedule sheet but do when I check them on the data sheet. I have tried everything!!! Please help! I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly so this is a guess: If you added items to your data list (instead of originally having 7 you now have 12) did you expand the range associated to that data i...

sign in button missing
The sign in button is not present when I navigate to the discussion group page. I managed to get prompted for the sign in by clicking on New/Question, but the beahvoir of the pages that appear is erratic. I really don't think the problem is on my end since I get the same behavior at work and at home. Does anybody know what is going on? Thanks! There has been some erratic problems with the web interface. I suggest you try the more stable (and much faster) newsreader located within Outlook Express or Windows Mail, or with a third party newsreader. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://w...

Get Button ID at OnClickButton
I have a lot of buttons that when I clicked I want to do the same, just changing a little bit base on button's caption. I set all button's OnClick to same method, so its only one OnCLickButton1 but my problem is how do I know which button send to this message, if I know which button was clicked i can get the text. thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo "Eduardo" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:05a801c378c0$70aebe60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a lot of buttons that when I clicked I want to do > the same, just changing a little bit base on button's &g...

How Do I Protect A Worksheet But Allow Copying Columns
I need to protect a worksheet where I do scenario analysis. Each column is a single scenario where some rows have inputs but most are protected. The trick is I need to be able to copy a column and insert it next to or somewhere on the worksheet while leaving the worksheet and the cells I want in the column that is being copied protected? Do I have to use VB to do this or is there another simpler way? If I have to use VB -- suggestion on how to do this easily are appreciated. Thanks. I would protect the worksheet, then provide a macro that did: unprotect, copy, paste, reprotect If y...

Allowing different users access to different worksheets
I am setting up a shared document to which 27 different users need access. Each user will have their own tab which they can edit. I would like to restrict what each user can see. The content is not top-secret so it doesn't matter if it's easy to crack. In an ideal situation I'd like that when the user opens the file that it asks for a password. The password would open access to whatever tab the password applied to. There would have to be an overall password which allows visibility to all. I'd prefer if users could only see their own sheet. If it makes a differenc...