e-mail the current worksheet using a form button

I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current
worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone.  Instead of saving the
file, then inserting into an e-mail.  I have seen this before in a
file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works.  I happened to
notice in the VB Editor I saw something like...

CommandClick()
Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com"
End Sub

Or something similar to that.  I don't know any VBA.. So if that's
what I need to learn, then let me know.

TIA
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Richard Smack" <dicksmackdaily@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current
> worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone.  Instead of saving the
> file, then inserting into an e-mail.  I have seen this before in a
> file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works.  I happened to
> notice in the VB Editor I saw something like...
>
> CommandClick()
> Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com"
> End Sub
>
> Or something similar to that.  I don't know any VBA.. So if that's
> what I need to learn, then let me know.
>
> TIA

Thanks... That helped me out.  I was having problems getting the code
assigned to the button.  But I figured that out.  After that it was
simply adding the correct code.

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:24:03 -0500, "Paul B"
<to_much_spam_to_list@nospam.com> wrote:

>Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this
>
>http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook.

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Letter Writing assitant to be used with Prospects
Would like to see Letter Writing Assitant to be extended to be used with Prospects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73b8a531-e5c3-4d8b-91ae-5b1758b9f1a5&...

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile