DYNAMIC RANGES #2

 I am looking to develop a macro that will allow me to select a range
of cells dynamically.  I have created a mapping template that maps user
defined fields to native fields, but each file that I map has a
different number of rows of data.  Rather than simply selecting a range
of cells statically, I am hoping that there is a macro out there that
will allow me to catch all data in a column by dynamically assigning my
range to include all rows of data up to the last row containing
information and no more.  To add to this issue, not all intermediate
rows will contain data, but it is important that I capture all data in
the spreadsheet in my range.  Any assistance will be most appreciated.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try using this
lastrow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row
range("a2:d"&lastrow).dosomething
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<paul.sternhagen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to develop a macro that will allow me to select a range
> of cells dynamically.  I have created a mapping template that maps user
> defined fields to native fields, but each file that I map has a
> different number of rows of data.  Rather than simply selecting a range
> of cells statically, I am hoping that there is a macro out there that
> will allow me to catch all data in a column by dynamically assigning my
> range to include all rows of data up to the last row containing
> information and no more.  To add to this issue, not all intermediate
> rows will contain data, but it is important that I capture all data in
> the spreadsheet in my range.  Any assistance will be most appreciated.

0
Don

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3. The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a workshee...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Dynamic SQL 04-07-10
I have a procedure that does the same set of 3 Update Queries 4 times. The only difference in the 3 queries is whether the status is 1, 2 or 3. So I can combine each of the 3 into 1 query (Where Status Between 1 and 3) and end up with 4 queries. These 4 are essentially the same except one of the JOINS is a different table or view. I was thinking of combining them into one dynamic expression and having only one select statement where the INNER JOIN changes depending which of the 4 loops I am doing. In each case, I am still doing 4 statements. I assume the 4 statements ...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

Conditional Summing across ranges using arrays
Hi all - I'm struggling to find a formula that will solve my problem: I have a matrix of numbers defined by a series of numerical column and row headers. RefCel 1 2 3 4 5 . . . m 1 a # # # # 2 # # # # # .. 5 b # # # # .. n # # # # # What I'm trying to do is for a give column header and a subset of row headers, sum the intersecting values. Let's assume that the subset are held in a named range Subset and the row and column headers are in range called RowHead and ColHead and...

How to change the text of a menu item dynamically?
Hi to all, I created a dialog-based project with Visual C++ 6.0 and added to the dialog a menu. This menu is the following: File Help Sound On About Exit Everything is working fine so far. What I want to do, is change the text of the menu item "Sound On" to "Sound Off" every time the user clicks on it. I am using the CCmdUI* pCmdUI of the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler to do it as follows: void CMyDlg::OnUpdateFileSound(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { TRACE("OnUpdate\n"); pCmdUI->SetText(m_bSound ? "Sound On" : "Sound Of...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Joining Win 7 to SBS 2003
I've joined a windows 7 professional 64 bit client to an SBS 2003 Premium server...it joined fine, as far as can be seen, except for 2 issues: - The User Account Control window pops up on each login showing, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" and the program is, "Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Service Pack 1" I've tried clicking "YES" several times and each reboot brings up the same question. - Offline files doesn't seem to be setup. I've had this issue before when joining computers...

Oulook & 2 exchanges (!)
Quick question I hope We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up outlook so that it read mail from both domains? Use two profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Stormy asked: | Quick question I hope | We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn | connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to s...

CRM 1.2 Report Pack (Cannot attach sample database)
Hi, I have been trying to attach SRS sample database into SQL server but cannot succeed. The error message I have is: "The name you've specified is duplicate with another database which already exists. Please specify a different database name." For the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM.mdf" file, I assume I can attach it no problem, because there is a check mark next to Current File(s) location field. However, I got the red cross mark for the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_log.LDF" file. If I keep hitting ok button to attach it, I will get t...

Flags and reminders #2
Good morning! First post - hope someone has the answer. I recieve reminders about my e-bills. I have set them to flag an remind me on a date selected - at a specific time. Is there a way to set a visual reminder for this, and is there a way t make it repeat. I don't really expect a yes answer - guess I have bee spoiled by my old Daytimer program. Thanks, Andrew in AL - Neo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What do you mean by visual reminder? Any remin...

Validation list question #2
I have created 2 validation lists in two different cells - D & E. Cell D contains the values 10A, 10B, and 10C. In cell E, the values are 1234, 1235, 1236. The cells are related in a sense that the first value in cell D goes with the first value in cell E, and so forth. My question is: when I select any of the values in D, how do I get the value to automatically input in E? Thanks in advance, Newtechie Hi newtechie assuming that you have your validations list in a separate range (lets say on a separate sheet called 'val_list') and they are ordered like the following A ...

Installing Report Manager 1.2
I can't install the report manager on my server, every time I go to load it stops immediately after i hit next to install the program and say it stopped pre maturely. i have tried gettting everyone out of the CRM, I have stopped IIS, im am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Hi try rebooting. Is your CRM web server using a different port number? Maybe that matters. Try restarting all the crystal services in crystal configuration manager too. Good luck. "Danb" <Danb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EA8B79-51D4-4B53-A5...

Macro for Show/Hide Range
I need a Macro to Show / Hide a range called HIDEQUOTE. The reason why I want to limit a Hide to a RANGE is if a column in the middle were to be deleted, messing up any hope for Show/Hide column static reference. Thanks Hi AFAIK you can only hide rows and/or columns but not a rectangular range -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:427A44D0-1D87-42AC-B88A-4000EB3C6D3D@microsoft.com... > I need a Macro to Show / Hide a range called HIDEQUOTE. > > The reason why I want to limit a Hide to a RA...

Search Range for Criteria in given cell and produce results
I have a spreadsheet that has two worksheet. Worksheet "start" has two columns - Column A is a date Column B is a number - rows contain dates and continuous numbers EX Row 1 = 0000417 Row 2 = 0000418 Row 3 = 0000419 - each with a date of 060105. Worksheet "clear" has two columns - basically the same as Worksheet "start" - difference is they are not in sequence and not always the same numbers and they are scrambled. I don't want to sort this data. I would like to use Worksheet "Clear" - Take the first Row and determine if the first ...

how to set up same name range in different sheets for different d.
please repost with a brief subject line and the question in the message body as it has been truncated. Cheers JulieD "kailash" <kailash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7740EA1A-9D11-4C3D-8499-3C7CDBC92D65@microsoft.com... > Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kailash" <kailash@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7740EA1A-9D11-4C3D-8499-3C7CDBC92D65@microsoft.com... > ...

Quote Template #2
In CRM 3 is it any way to create a quopte template or type of PreDefined quote for an specific product, so the user does not have to pic all part of the common quote all the time ? Thanks "Template" Quote is not available out of the Box. I would try looking into 3rd Party ISV in the Quote area or use SDK to create a "Template Quote" function - there are sample codes around that shows how to copy an existing Quote record. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Carlos" ...

About Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to ask these questions. It would be grateful if someone could answer them: 1, When will the SDK for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 be available? 2, Does it support custom entity in CRM? 3, When it will support international english (or British English)? Thanks Alvin 1 When will the SDK for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 be available? It was released on 1/25/2010 2 Does it support custom entity in CRM? Yes 3 When it will support international english (or British...

Paper Size #2
I am developing a small company catalog that would use 11-1/2" x 17" paper. Is there a way to set this up on Publisher XP? Thank you, Michael Hi Michael (bronco@sprynet.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am developing a small company catalog that would use 11-1/2" x 17" || paper. Is there a way to set this up on Publisher XP? || || Thank you, || Michael As long as you have a printer driver setup that can handle that size paper, Microsoft Publisher will allow you to design on that size. You can go to File > Page Setup and go into your printer prop...