Duplication of labels within pivot table

I am using a cvs file to copy & paste data into a workbook (not saving
the file as an excel document and then coping & pasting into the
workbook). This workbook is updated weekly from the same hard format
reporting system with current information only - all other aspects of
the report remain the same. I am seeing duplication of the labels
within my pivot table.  It seems that the information is being recorded
as stacked data not as continuious data within my data base.  Could this
be caused by the copy & paste directly from the cvs file rather then
from an excel file.

At this time I am having to select each duplicated label seperatly to
retrieve the full range of information rather than seeing all related
to the label at one time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
sooner
sooner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34113

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

how to use temporary tables in dex
Hi Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex Cesar Hi Cesar. Define temp tables just as you would define a SQL table in Dex - but with physical name as "temp" without the quotation. I recommend using database type ctree for performance as it would just create a temp file in your directory. From there on, just use the temp table as you would with normal dex table but remember that once you are done with your routine, your temp table will be deleted automatically. Use temp table as a temporary repository for your calculations, reports, etc. ---Darryl Baj...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Preventing extra Worksheets when drilling down in Pivots?
Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, unless I want it to stay in my workbook? it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to take a look. Thanks so much. Maybe you should use a Userrform with a combobox to store your lists. http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "STILLA" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down, > unless I want it to stay in my workbook? > > it drives me nuts deleti...

pivot tables #9
i posted this on the general forum but i thought maybe someone here can help me. I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each reason by week. my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month. i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for that one week over the total sales for all four regions. is there a way i can add that to the table? i.e. the table is currently like this: Week 1 East 500 Midwest 487 South 529 West 492 Total 2008 i want to add the percentages like this: Week 1 East ...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Pivot table returns `
I have data from an SQL WBC-A. When I pivot this data it returns ` (The character below the tilde) Any other data returns the correct pivot. E.g. WBC-X returns WBC-X ...

Excel 2003 fuzzy search for duplicate.
Hello everyone, does anyone know of an application or vb code that can be used to search in two worksheets (like VLOOKUP) on similar matches using fuzzy logic? For example, if on one sheet I have I.B.M and the other IBM or James Smith on one and Jim Smith on the other, is there anyway of giving confidence codes to the match? Thanks very much for your help, Hi Asha, Look at soundex codes as explained by John Walkenbach http://www.j-walk.com/SS/excel/tips/tip77.htm You can use the SOUNDEX function as a worksheet formula, and then use VLOOKUP on that. In your example, both James Smith and ...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

DailySales Table
Hi There, Does anyone know what Type & TypeID columns referring to in DailySales table in HQ ? I have customization guide but there is no details about that columns. Thanks, Arthur Hi Arthur - my understanding of the Daily Sales table is that it gets populated by some internal function that groups based on supplier, cashier, etc. Here are some old notes I found on what the Daily Sales Type refer to: 1: Supplier 2: Category 3: Department 4: Register 5: Cashier 6: Sales Rep -- the TypeID may refer to the batch that's feeding the info (ie batch.batchnumber ...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

How do you search within a document?
I am woundering how you search with in a saved document. I want to make a spread sheet for my buisness on my supplies, my cost, and my mark up cost but there is over 200 so I was woundering how i can go into this saved document and just type in the item I am looking for and have it pop up with out having to scroll throu the list? The first thing you should look at is Data>Filter. It may well do everything you want. If you need more help, post back. Regards, Fred "Me2020" <Me2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B20D94-EBC2-49E6-9E4F-127...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

Adding a horizontal line to a Pivot Chart
I can't get a horizontal line added to a pivot chart (column or line) by using the series method. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to add the horizontal line to show things like the mean and standard deviation. Thanks in advance. Sharon - Pivot charts don't allow you to include data that's not in the pivot table, and I think it only allows a very limited number of combination charts, if any. Sorry to disappoint. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ sharonc wrote: > I can't get ...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...