Duplication of labels within pivot table

I am using a cvs file to copy & paste data into a workbook (not saving
the file as an excel document and then coping & pasting into the
workbook). This workbook is updated weekly from the same hard format
reporting system with current information only - all other aspects of
the report remain the same. I am seeing duplication of the labels
within my pivot table.  It seems that the information is being recorded
as stacked data not as continuious data within my data base.  Could this
be caused by the copy & paste directly from the cvs file rather then
from an excel file.

At this time I am having to select each duplicated label seperatly to
retrieve the full range of information rather than seeing all related
to the label at one time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
sooner
sooner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34113

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Print field from different table
Access 2007 on WinXP I have a report designed that is printing the department number, I would like to print teh department name instead. The depatment number is included in teh query the report is based upon. The report requires data from 4 differnt tables and when I try to add a fift table into the report relationship the output data duplicates unreliably. I work primarily with the click and drag method of report build in design view as opposed to coding everything. What I want is to print the DeptName filed from the TblDept table where the tblDeptID in TblDept is equal to t...

Scatterplot Duplicate Values Charting Help (URGENT!!!) GMAIL invite offer inside
Sorry to be so rude in the title but I'm making a scatterplot in Exce and I have XY values like (1,4), (1,3.5), and (1,4). When I plot the with the scatterplot wizard, the (1,4)s are indistinguishable. I'd lik Excel to differentiate them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'l throw in a gmail invite for anyone who can do this for me. . I've bee using Photoshop to paste numbers next to the points and this is reall tedious. THANKS -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Excel will do a brilliant job of putting (1,4) in the same place ever time it encounters...

Pivot Table Formula
Hi, Does someone can help on this please. In the same field I have 4 different Items (4 columns in the Pivot table) SalesA, SalesB, Refusal, Pending I need to add SalesA with SalesB I tried the Formulas "Calculated Item", however I get a message: Multiple data fields of the same field are not supported when a Pivot table report has calculated Items. How can I fix that. Thanks ...

duplicate mails
i have an exh 2000 server which is sending duplicate mails to a forwarded user the amount of time that there is a copy of the mail going to the exch 2000 server list? E.G if i send a mail to user1 and user2, user2 being a forward out to an external user, then user2 get the message twice. if i repeat the message attaching user3, then user2 gets three messages. Can anybody offer any help on this as i have looked and tried everywhere else! ...

Grouping Tables
How do I group two tables together so that I can save them as one picture to print it as borderless?: Select all, group, right-click, save as picture. If you are having problems trying to right-click tables (tables are touchy sometimes), save as from file, files of type, scroll down to a graphics format. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "~Crystal~" <Crystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16D51AA-8E27-421A-B804-65861A572940@microsoft.com... > How do I group two tables together s...

labels
I can't figure out how to select specific addresses from my address book in WORKS for a mailing of just a few of the total list. I have works suite installed in a compac computer with windows xp.Any clues? Thanks. Go here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.works.win -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Perdita X. Dream" <perditax@lancrecoven.dw> wrote in message news:bigosl$cs2$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk... > julie wrote: > > I can't figure out how to select specific addresses from > > my address book in WOR...

duplicate e-mails
Every time I open my e-mail to receive messages, I am receiving all of the messages sent to me since the 15th of July. This has been happening for the past 2 days. How do I stop all these e-mails? There are now over 500 messages. Please help. Dawn ...

Can't deselect data in a Pivot Table...
Hi all, Does anyone know why it is that I am unable to deselect data in a drop down list in my Pivot Table? The boxes have ticks in but when I click them to hide them, nothing happens. Many Thanks Andy ...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

Pivot Chart #6
In Pivot Chart Wizard, How do you change the "Series in" from Rows to Columns and from Columns to Rows. Thanks. Those buttons aren't available in a pivot chart. You can change the series by dragging the field buttons between the category (Row) and series (Column) areas. Anna wrote: > In Pivot Chart Wizard, How do you change the "Series in" > from Rows to Columns and from Columns to Rows. Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Programs for address labels?
I am looking for a smple program for address labels with different sizes. Could anybody recommend a good program? Jorge Microsoft Word. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:un7wO#0pKHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I am looking for a smple program for address labels with different sizes. > Could anybody recommend a good program? Jorge > "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message news:O6XSFM1pKHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Word. >...

Problems saving pivot table in same workbook as export query
The user exported a query into a workbook, in the same workbook she added a pivot table worksheet. She saved the workbook but only the export saved. She needs to know if the pivot table can be saved and refreshed with new data later on and saved in the same workbook from an export query. Or does it have to be in a workbook by itself and saved. Please help. ...

Update syntax for a remote table access
I have to update a remote database. I can't link to the tables because it slows down my application to a crawl. So I just modified the SQL statements to get to the remote database. The append was easy and the syntax works. But, the Update statement doesn't. I need to use one table to update the other. When I leave out the second table (tblOpportunityLocal) and all references the statement will update the table correctly. How do I get the SQL statement to accept both the remote table and local table references? (and I can't use replication). UPDATE tblOppo...

Duplicate Entries in Register
I dint know what i did, but i now have duplicate entris for all my transactions in my register. This is very frustrating !! I do not use MSN and only downlaod directly from my bank - HELP ...

Pivot table with data from separate columns?
Hi. I want to make a pivot table using two columns from the same table/worksheet. However, the two columns are not not next to each other. How do I tell the Pivot Wizard to use data from these separate columns? Thanks! Ken Select the whole range (all the columns in that range) and just use the columns you need. You will have to make sure that each header is non-blank, though. kk_oop@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. I want to make a pivot table using two columns from the same > table/worksheet. However, the two columns are not not next to each > other. How do I tell the Pivot W...

Excel 2003, graph y axis labelling problem
When I produce a graph in an excel spreadsheet, part of the label for the y-axis gets cut off and does not show up. If I select the graph and do a whole page print preview the problem does not show up. However, I always cut and paste my graphs into word documents in order to illustrate my results. This is a problem since the y-axis is then inadequately labelled. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I already have Office 2003 SP2) Thanks It's a well known problem. The work around (which I hate) is to add a couple of spaces and a period after the Y axis label and change the format ...

Suntrust Download issue / duplicate transaction
Anyone here bank with Suntrust? Ever since the mid July update my pending transactions now download with every update rather than just cleared transactions. Additionally if the pending transaction changes names, or the amount changes (in the case of a soft hold) the transaction is re-downloaded as a seperate transaction. And just for fun, I can not remove any of the old pending transactions that were downloaded, when I updated they come back... even transactions that cleared a week or more ago! HELP! I bank with Suntrust (Direct Services) and have not seen this problem. -- John <jb1...

Linked Tables to Powerpoint
I am using Excel 2003. I have multiple data tables in excel on one worksheet that are each linked to a different page of a powerpoint 2003 presentation. Now, when I do any editing to the worksheet such as adding another data row into one of the table, thus shifting everything below it down, the linked tables are all shifted down. Is there a way to keep linked tables to powerpoint, but have the program follow the shifted data, and allow me to add/delete rows? Much appreciation if anyone can tackle this. ...

'Transfer' between accounts creates duplicate transactions
When I transfer funds between between either overseas accounts, or between different banks in the UK there is a delay of a few days before the funds clear and appear in the receiving account. If these transactions are recorded as 'transfers' they appear in both accounts on the same date, creating a duplicate entry. Is there any way Money can realise the time delay, yet still record the transaction as a transfer, or do I have to record the transaction using a dummy expense category? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cowboyshaw wrote: >When I transfer funds between between eit...

MAKE TABLE query sorting confusion
I am trying to figure out if there is a problem with my usage of MAKE TABLE queries. I have some data that consists of 20-40 records EACH of yearly records sorted by YEAR. I have a query that displays this data correctly SORTED by year (descending). I have currenrly approx 700 records. When I convert the above query to a MAKE TABLE version of the same query, I get some weird results. The data that results in the table created is NOT SORTED the same as the select query was. Should it be??? I have then created approx 15 APPEND queries (doing one years data at a time) that I then execute...

table within a cell? or multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Can you create a table within a cell? Or does anyone know how to create multiple hyperlinks in one cell? Thank you! ...

Chart within Worksheet
I am trying to generate a series of charts on individual worksheets. I have all of the data in each of the worksheets and then make the graphs. I use ochart.location where:=xlLocationAsObject Name:=sheetname I expected the charts to appear within each sheet however they appear on the same sheet. Is there a way to place each chart on the associated worksheet? How is sheetname defined? Maybe you're looping through the sheets to create the charts, but define sheetname near the top of your code, so it doesn't change for each loop. The following code will create a chart on each wo...

Specifying which duplicate entries to remove
Hi all, The place I am working at currently holds three exams each year. Fo each exam, the students' results and names and an unique ID ar recorded within a worksheet. So at the end of each year I would have t consolidate all the results. To cut the story short, I copy all the results into one sheet, and us the Advanced Filter to filter out the duplicates. But I need to kee the record with the highest score, and discard only the duplicat entries with the lowest score. How could this be done? Thanks in advanced -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would use a simple Pivo...

Update table in SQL replacing the existing value
Hello all, Well I am pretty novice on this... One of my customer use SQL for their primary Database. That Database is use for their ERP software, now they ask me to manipulate a table inside so, with that manipulation we should change value of this table. They use a script with an Excel spreadsheet see the following. SS-1164 Sp0001 145.23 Jane Doe EXEC ABCUUSERLEAVETIME 'SS-1164', 'Sp0001', 145.227419354839 Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E The script that they use ask them to copy the entire E col...

retrieve data from related table
Hi there, I'm here to ask another report related question. I created a report which populates its controls with the data shown in a form. Everything works fine except for the data I got via a related table. The data compiled in the form, are saved in a table, in which a column values are to be chosen from another table's list of values. If I refer to the form control called Client, in which the value is say "XXX Spa", the report returns me 1, since the value XXX Spa is the first in the list of the related table's values. How can I refer to the actual value, instead o...