Drop List help

Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to
pick which state you want to enter?
I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to
enter in the state that I will be working in

0
barry8715 (15)
4/21/2008 10:25:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is this for a userform or an embedded object on a worksheet?

If it is for an embedded object on a worksheet... here is one scenario.

List all the states in a far off column (ie - Column IV)

In the cell you want to pick a state select DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW:=
"LIST" | SOURCE:= Range IV1: IV50...

This is just an example, but it might get you started.

Mark Ivey

"Buzz Local#30" <barry@kaycopets.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to
> pick which state you want to enter?
> I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to
> enter in the state that I will be working in

I have not reseived a responce yet On this issue
So incase it is because I confused anyone I will try to explain what I want
to do abit better
the idea I have with the drop list is I should be able to create a worksheet
for each state to enter in my wage info for the year and all other info
corrisponding to the state by using a drop list if there is such a thing for
excell
how I want to set it up if there is such a thing as a drop list I would use
it to call up which ever states work sheet
and then and have the info entered in that worksheet from the feilds in my
weekly entry sheet?
if this is possible could some tell me whether or not it would work?
> Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to
> pick which state you want to enter?
> I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to
> enter in the state that I will be working in

0
barry8715 (15)
4/22/2008 11:52:44 AM
You have already received a reply, Buzz, which told you how to do it
by using Data | Validation.

Put a list of 50 states in column A of a new sheet and then give this
range a name (eg States) using Insert | Name | Define. Then put other
pertinent data in other columns next to the names. On your timesheet
you can set up a pull-down in a cell by clicking on Data | Validation
and set Allow to List and then specify States as the source. This cell
can then be copied down.

If you need to bring other related data from the other sheet you can
use the VLOOKUP function. Here's a couple of links that will give you
more details:

Hope this helps.

Pete

Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote in message

> > Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you t=
> > pick which state you want to enter?
> > I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just =
> > enter in the state that I will be working in- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)
4/22/2008 12:17:07 PM
Hey Pete Thanks I just finnished it and it works great well the list and the
totals gross income you were very helpfull
I have a few more things I am wanting to do but I think I will try abit
harder to work them out myself

On Apr 22, 12:52 pm, "Buzz Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote:
> I have not reseived a responce yet On this issue
> So incase it is because I confused anyone I will try to explain what I
> want
> to do abit better
> the idea I have with the drop list is I should be able to create a
> worksheet
> for each state to enter in my wage info for the year and all other info
> corrisponding to the state by using a drop list if there is such a thing
> for
> excell
> how I want to set it up if there is such a thing as a drop list I would
> use
> it to call up which ever states work sheet
> and then and have the info entered in that worksheet from the feilds in my
> weekly entry sheet?
> if this is possible could some tell me whether or not it would work?"Buzz
> Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote in message

> > Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you
> > pick which state you want to enter?
> > I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just
> > enter in the state that I will be working in- Hide quoted text -

barry8715 (15)
4/22/2008 2:45:31 PM
You're welcome, Buzz - thanks for feeding back.

The newsgroups are here to help people with Excel problems, so come
back anytime you need to.

Pete

On Apr 22, 3:45=A0pm, "Buzz Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote:
> Hey Pete Thanks I just finnished it and it works great well the list and t=
he
> totals gross income you were very helpfull
> I have a few more things I am wanting to do but I think I will try abit
> harder to work them out myself"Pete_UK" <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote in me=
ssage

> You have already received a reply, Buzz, which told you how to do it
> by using Data | Validation.
>
> Put a list of 50 states in column A of a new sheet and then give this
> range a name (eg States) using Insert | Name | Define. Then put other
> pertinent data in other columns next to the names. On your timesheet
> you can set up a pull-down in a cell by clicking on Data | Validation
> and set Allow to List and then specify States as the source. This cell
> can then be copied down.
>
> If you need to bring other related data from the other sheet you can
> use the VLOOKUP function. Here's a couple of links that will give you
> more details:
>
> http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html
>
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Apr 22, 12:52 pm, "Buzz Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote:
>

> > I have not reseived a responce yet On this issue
> > So incase it is because I confused anyone I will try to explain what I
> > want
> > to do abit better
> > the idea I have with the drop list is I should be able to create a
> > worksheet
> > for each state to enter in my wage info for the year and all other info
> > corrisponding to the state by using a drop list if there is such a thing=

> > for
> > excell
> > how I want to set it up if there is such a thing as a drop list I would
> > use
> > it to call up which ever states work sheet
> > and then and have the info entered in that worksheet from the feilds in =
my
> > weekly entry sheet?
> > if this is possible could some tell me whether or not it would work?"Buz=
> > Local#30" <ba...@kaycopets.com> wrote in message

> > > Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you=

> > > pick which state you want to enter?
> > > I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on jus=
> > > enter in the state that I will be working in- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Using rules wizard to send to a list of emails addys in BCC
i need to setup an automatic mailing of a newsletter that i receive, to be forwarded to a list of emails addresses, where the emails are inserted into the BCC line, and not the TO line. I do not want my clients to see each other's emails. thanks! No, natively you can't. Even when you use a template to reply with and fill in the BCC field it won't work. It is even worse this way; the rule gets deactivated completely. But programmatically it is possible although not supported by Microsoft. For more info; http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Bank One Download is not working

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

help #2

Listing recurring appointments
I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to print a list for my cleaning service that shows the dates in a list. The appointment is set up as a recurring every 4 week. I cannot find a way to list it outside of reading the dates, and writing them on a separate report. Thank you. Can you create a view that shows only those appointments? One way would be to assign a category to them, and then create a new view that filters based on the category field. Then you ought to be able to print just those items, in a table view. Tony Linguini wrote: > I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to...

problem opening up program/file

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....