Drawing Tools Disabled

Hi All...

I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e.
buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)...

At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I
created a new file, the drawing tools would come back...

How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them in the
first place...

TIA! ...

LavaDude...
0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 2:31:25 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is the worksheet protected?
Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet
(You may need a password)

Do you have multiple sheets grouped?
(Look for [group] in the title bar.  Just rightclick on one of the grouped
worksheets and choose "ungroup sheets")

Is the workbook shared?
Tools|share workbook|has an option to turn sharing off.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I checked if the
workbook was protected and it isn't.

Also, I only have only one sheet selected... As for sharing, I don't
believe it's shared... I went into Tools\Share Workbook and the box was
not checked...

Any other ideas? ... I really want to draw a line in this sheet...

Thanks! ... LavaDude

Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in

> Is the worksheet protected?
> Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet
> (You may need a password)
>
> Do you have multiple sheets grouped?
> (Look for [group] in the title bar.  Just rightclick on one of the
> grouped worksheets and choose "ungroup sheets")
>
> Is the workbook shared?
> Tools|share workbook|has an option to turn sharing off.
>
> LavaDude wrote:
>>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e.
>> buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)...
>>
>> At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I
>> created a new file, the drawing tools would come back...
>>
>> How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them
>> in the first place...
>>
>> TIA! ...
>>
>> LavaDude...

0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 10:12:40 PM
But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

--

Dave Peterson
0

I went to Tools|Options...

Under the "View" tab there's a section called "Objects"

I checked the box that says, "Show All" ... for some reason the "Hide All"
box was checked and that's what was preventing me from using the drawing
tools...

Hope you can use this info to help someone else in the future! ...

Aloha! ...

> But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 10:54:53 PM
Thanks for posting back.

LavaDude wrote:

> I found it!
>
> I went to Tools|Options...
>
> Under the "View" tab there's a section called "Objects"
>
> I checked the box that says, "Show All" ... for some reason the "Hide All"
> box was checked and that's what was preventing me from using the drawing
> tools...
>
> Hope you can use this info to help someone else in the future! ...
>
> Aloha! ...
>
> Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in
>
> > But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)

Professional Services Tools #2
We currently run GP 8.0 and purchased a few of the tools available in Professional Services Tools Library. We're planning to upgrade to 10 in April, and our VAR just informed us that we will need to re-purchase these tools to use for version 10! Has anyone else run across this? I don't understand how this could possibly be the case in any way. Any input is appreciated. -- Dave Stonesifer Dave, The last few times we had a customer need to upgrade their Tools Library, they were able to buy an upgrade to the current version. I am not sure what the upgrade cost is currently,...

crm-functionality in outgoing mails created by third-party tools
starting a new mail from Outlook opens a form with CRM-functionality (buttons). starting a new mail by any other application (to be sended by outlook) opens a form without CRM-functionality. Any suggestions? ...

Excel 2002, Menu and Tool bars are gone.
Hi, Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, etc...) is gone from all spreadsheets. I cannot restore them due to the menu bar being gone. How can I replace this without using safe mode? Any help is appreciated. View>toggle the Full Screen icon on/off. Does that help? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3cf1a$e5339c50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, > View, Tools, ...

Draw By request
Hello, how can i create such a code that will paint something (lets say a circle) when a button is pressed...? It's written to not send onpaint so how can i do it? thanx. You will draw whatever you want in OnPaint. To trigger a OnPaint, use Invalidate followed by UpdateWindow. --- Ajay ...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able to capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephone call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..how long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit the data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Harding --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi TIm, For ...

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

Application.DisplayAlerts = False does not disable alerts
The code ‘Application.DisplayAlerts = False’ does not work in all instances. I have two virtually identical worksheets in different workbooks. These worksheets act as an index and each cell is protected. By double-clicking on a particular cell my VBA code gathers some data and completes a procedure. The ‘Application.DisplayAlerts = False’ should prevent the protection alert from appearing. In the first workbook it works. The code was placed in ‘Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()’. It did not work if it was placed at the beginning of code in ‘Private Sub Worksheet_Befor...

Is there a double dashed line in Draw to be imported?
In "Draw" there is a limited number of types of lines that could be drawn such es dashed line, dotted line, 1dash 2dots etc. I use Drw to sketch clothes in fashion production and need a double dashed line to show double top stitches. Just some thoughts .. Perhaps an approx way which might be acceptable Draw a line, then apply line style 3pt (the 2 lines version, not the solid version), followed by dash style (square or round dot) Otherwise .. maybe make a dash line, then duplicate the line and align both lines close and parallel to each other, then group the 2 lines together, a...

User claims that he didn't receive e-mail;tracking tool shows he's got it
Interesting problem. A specific UserA from inside my organization is claiming that he missed a couple of e-mails sent my UserB also from inside my organization, same Exchange routing group, same server, just users from different stores. The e-mail was sent out to multiple people on the cc: line (8 people total) and other users got it OK. That's an isolated problem, as far as I know system is working fine for everyone else. UserA is claiming that he never deleted the message, he also checked under spam/junk e-mail and message is not there. How can I troubleshoot this further ? If t...

Windows Mail disable
I somhow enabled Windows Mail but want to turn it off & use my other email program. I can't find out where to turn this off - can someone help me? Launch Local Group Policy Editor. Go to Computer Configuration from the left pane, then Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and then Windows Mail. Right click on Turn off Windows Mail application and select Properties. Click on Enabled and then OK. Finally close the Local Group Policy Editor window. -- Ashburn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ashburn's Profile: http://...

Disable save button
Hi everyone, How can I disable the save button in Excel 2000?? Thanks, Xargon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try this Don't forget the shortcut Ctrl-S (application.onkey) Sub menuItem_Enabledfalse() Dim a As Integer On Error Resume Next For a = 1 To Application.CommandBars.Count For Each ctl In CommandBars(a).Controls Application.CommandBars(a).FindControl(Id:=3, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False Next ctl Next a End Sub Sub menuItem_Enabledtrue() Dim a As Integer On Error Resume Next For a = 1 To Application.CommandBars.Count For Each ctl In CommandBars(a).Con...

Need MIGRATION.exe tool
Hi all, We don't have a copy of the BackOffice Resource Kit and I desparately need a copy of MIGRATION.exe to move some mailboxes between Exchange sites. Does anyone know how I can get this app? Thanks, Jerry I think that you are probably referring to ExMerge.exe, not migration.exe. ExMerge is the only tool I am aware of to move mailboxes between sites. To download the latest version of ExMerge, visit this link. Note that this is the 2003 version, but can be used against 5.5 servers without problem. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1...

Problem with Disabling a Cmd Button Based on Another field in the
I am using Access 2000. I have a command button that should be enabled if the OwnerStatus = "Current Owner" and disabled for any other value. This is my code: Function SetOneInvoiceCommand() As Boolean Dim blnEnable As Boolean If Me![OwnerStatus] = "Current Owner" Then OneInvoiceCommand.Enabled = True Else OneInvoiceCommand.Enabled = False End If End Function When I 1st enter the form, the OneInvoiceCommand button is ENABLED no matter what the value is in the OwnerStatus field. However once I click the Owner Status field once, the ...

Great Plains Customization tools
where do I obtain the Great Plains customization tools such as eConnect and Continuum?????? Contact your Great Plains Reseller - If you don't have one, call me at 402-934-9392 Brian "Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<089b01c39715$f47cc1b0$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > where do I obtain the Great Plains customization tools > such as eConnect and Continuum?????? ...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Question
When running the exchange data update tool, do participants of updated calendar items have to manually accept each updated meeting again or is there a way to bypass this like with using just the Outlook tool? I thought the Exchange update tool is supposed to just be a way to run the Outlook tool in a batch form from the server. The Outlook tool is supposed to give you the option to update attendees or not, but I haven't seen this mentioned in documentation for the Exchange. - The Exchange Calendar Update Tool calls the Outlook Calendar Update Tool TzMove.exe (or as MS calls it, &q...

Tool or Script to Export particular AD User Information
I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number, contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me to? Thank you. You could look at ldifde. You would just need to use the "-l" and then specify the attributes for which you would like the values ( in your case, the mail address, .... contacts ). And, that is a lower case letter 'L", not the number "1". -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24014 Microsoft Active Directory MVP http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com "...

Support Debugging tool
Dear All, Is it possible to add an SQL transaction savepoint and rollback to Quick MO window using the support debugging tool automatic debugging mode??? I want to make all of the actions in a single shot. If it didn't write everything i want it to role back. Our company is suffering from a disconnection problem and we can't stop the GP until the probelm get fixed. Thanks in advance Hani Thats not what the Support Debugging Tool is designed for. But David M. might find a way. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Softw...

owner draw bitmap button, sloppy looking bitblt
My ownerdraw button class has three states: up, mouse over, and down. Sometimes -- but not always -- the transition between states produces an ugly flicker. What causes this and how can I remove it? Thanks. > Sometimes -- but not always -- the transition between states produces an > ugly flicker. What causes this and how can I remove it? To answer my own question, implementing OnEraseBkgnd so it does nothing fixes the problem. BOOL CSkinButton::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default return FALSE; //return CButton::OnEraseBkgnd...

'ExchangeApplicationPool' is being automatically disabled
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C619FF.54C3A2A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Recently, we get some error/warn information on Exchange 2003 = clustered-server in Windows Event Log, after then, OWA is unavailabe: = HTTP 503 Service Unavailable Here is information in Event Log: ( I after restarting server, OWA is = OK), Could you give me any ideas on this point, thank you. Event Type: Error Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 1002 Date: 2006-1-15 Time: 14:51:26 User: N...

Disable Splash Screen
There is a way to disable the OE splash screen when OE first starts. Is there a way to disable the splash screen for Outlook (2000)? ...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy
Office 2007 in Options / Advanced / Display. The show this number of Recent Documents is greyed out and has an information bubble which states:- “Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy” I am the administrator and I have no idea how I managed to turn this off. Or what and where group policy is Can anyone tell me how I can turn this back on please? ...

Inbox Repair Tool #12
I can't open Outlook. My pst file is corrupt (I think). Where do I find the repair tool? Before running the Inbox Repair Tool you should close all email, attachments, & calendars, then exit Outlook. To Run The Inbox Repair Tool: Click on the Start button, then Common Programs, then Accessories, then Administrative Tools, then Inbox Repair Tool BROWSE: When the Inbox Repair Tool window appears, click on the Browse button. SELECT FILE: This will open the Select File to Scan window. You should use this window to locate your outlook.pst file. The process of locating that file ...

Tool Tips
Hello all: I've created a CToolTipCtrl object and I've used it to present a tool tip when the cursor is hovering over a dialog item in a dialog box. My initial target is a CEdit control, however, the tool tip will not show when the cursor is over the edit control. Instead, the cursor changes to a vertical cursor and the tool tip is suppressed. The tool tip does show when over other areas of the dialog box. Is there a way I can override the suppression so the tool tip will show up over the edit control? Thank you, Dan Give the edit control the same tooltip. - Tim &q...

is there in MS Office any tool to convert Visual Basic to XML?
What exactly are you looking for? Given that VB is a programming language, and XML is a means of passing information back and forth, there's not really a lot of overlap... -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Gijsbert" <Gijsbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705CEAA5-031F-40E7-BE9F-6EC1B0C06826@microsoft.com... > ...