Drawing Tools Disabled

Hi All...

I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e.
buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)...

At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I
created a new file, the drawing tools would come back...

How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them in the
first place...

TIA! ...

LavaDude...
0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 2:31:25 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is the worksheet protected?
Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet
(You may need a password)

Do you have multiple sheets grouped?
(Look for [group] in the title bar.  Just rightclick on one of the grouped
worksheets and choose "ungroup sheets")

Is the workbook shared?
Tools|share workbook|has an option to turn sharing off.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I checked if the
workbook was protected and it isn't.

Also, I only have only one sheet selected... As for sharing, I don't
believe it's shared... I went into Tools\Share Workbook and the box was
not checked...

Any other ideas? ... I really want to draw a line in this sheet...

Thanks! ... LavaDude

Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in

> Is the worksheet protected?
> Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet
> (You may need a password)
>
> Do you have multiple sheets grouped?
> (Look for [group] in the title bar.  Just rightclick on one of the
> grouped worksheets and choose "ungroup sheets")
>
> Is the workbook shared?
> Tools|share workbook|has an option to turn sharing off.
>
> LavaDude wrote:
>>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e.
>> buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)...
>>
>> At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I
>> created a new file, the drawing tools would come back...
>>
>> How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them
>> in the first place...
>>
>> TIA! ...
>>
>> LavaDude...

0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 10:12:40 PM
But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

--

Dave Peterson
0

I went to Tools|Options...

Under the "View" tab there's a section called "Objects"

I checked the box that says, "Show All" ... for some reason the "Hide All"
box was checked and that's what was preventing me from using the drawing
tools...

Hope you can use this info to help someone else in the future! ...

Aloha! ...

> But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

0
mikioi (36)
9/30/2005 10:54:53 PM
Thanks for posting back.

LavaDude wrote:

> I found it!
>
> I went to Tools|Options...
>
> Under the "View" tab there's a section called "Objects"
>
> I checked the box that says, "Show All" ... for some reason the "Hide All"
> box was checked and that's what was preventing me from using the drawing
> tools...
>
> Hope you can use this info to help someone else in the future! ...
>
> Aloha! ...
>
> Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in
>
> > But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)

tool bar button
Hi all, Could someone tell me how I could assign a function which is loaded with an add-in (*.xla) to a tool bar button. The function is to paste a date-time stamp value. The idea is that the function will be always available, via the tool bar button, in any workbook I do open. I cant figure out how to do this, while in Word it is quit simple via the "Normal.dot" template. Thx, for any help on this one. Ludovic Here is the macro. Sub NOWTIME() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "dd mmm yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM") End Sub Store it in a module in a new workbook. A...

Controlling drawings (a CM problem)
Can you save me the trouble? I'm looking for a cheap and easy tool to support the control of drawings (which in fact are currently Word documents) that describe hardware components and how they build up through sub-assemblies into assemblies and systems. It needs some version control at the drawing level, and a baselining function. I know we could do it with something like Dimensions, or maybe even ClearCase, but they're too big and expensive. If necessary. I'll write something myself in Access, but before I do, is there anything out there (freeware, shareware?) that migh...

how do i draw a textbox on chart and copy onto word?
I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click copy and paste onto microsoft word, the textbox disappears. how do i make sure it stays? or else, how do i draw a textbox directly on the picture copied? Was the textbox selected together with the chart when you Copy? I convert the chart to graphic by holding down Shift, click Edit -> Copy Picture, and Paste it in your workbook. Draw the textbox you want over the graphic, and make sure both the chart graphic and the textbox are selected when you Copy. "miko" wrote: > I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click ...

Strange problem: message tracking tool gives funky error when looking at history of message
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3247573592_6456818 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Okay, I�m running Exchange 2003 service pack1. I�m unsure what�s going on but it appears the message history in the message tracking tool in ESM is messed up. If I attempt to look at the history of a message that was sent to an external user It will come back and complain : �The object �Tue,� in the message tracking logs cant be found in t...

linked sheets,why do they disable ?
I have linked sheets in a workbook, when i go to edit a worksheet i get the message to "edit worksheet" option come up as normal, but i also have "edit links has been disabled" i then have to go into this and click on the allow links before i can then go into edit the sheet!!! is there anyway of stopping this happen ?. it is soooo anoying, if they give you the option to set up worksheets with links then why do they then sod about n put the disabled thing in the way GRRRRRRRRR. any help would be very much appriciated cheers Colin x ...

How to draw the multiple chart in single sheet.
Hi, I have created excel chart use the following table. 1 Tools Sold Oct Nov Dec 2 North 7000 6610 4827 3 South 1155 2914 3790 4 East 757 659 7072 5 West 5012 3880 4752 I can create chart for this full table. But i want to create chart for every row by row. Like i want 4 charts from this table. All Charts should be coming in single sheet display one by one. Can i create like this? Please anyone can help me. Thanks in advance. Ram. -- ramkumar_cpt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Disable Unread
Is there a way to disable the Mark As Unread option in Outlook 2002? Thanks, Preston Yes... 2 steps: 1) Go to tools>customise. 2)Go to the View menu, clic and drag "mark as unread" into the "customise" open windows. Rgds Paul >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the Mark As Unread option in >Outlook 2002? > >Thanks, >Preston >. > Thanks for the reply, I tried that but it just copies the shortcut it doesn't remove and it's still available when you right click an e-mail. Thanks, Preston >-----Original Me...

Using Memory dc for Drawing in OnDraw()
hi all.. i finished developing an application for drawing figures like rectangle,circle and line.. its uses just OnDraw() and pDC.. Now i need to change the program so that it uses memory dc for drawing the figures.. i need an urgent help for this... i tried doing it but i am not sure of what i am doing.. these are the codes i tried plz give me idea hoew to go for this.. void CFinalView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CDC dcmem; //CDC dc; CBitmap membmp; dcmem.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); membmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,100,100)...

Gerber Clutch Mini-Pliers Tool
Price:$14.99 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000MVW4QK Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000MVW4QK The Gerber® Clutch™ mini-pliers tool measures just 2.5-in when closed, making it an easy tool to keep on your keychain or in your pocket. It offers you a tidy collection of screwdrivers, a bottle opener, a file, and an all-purpose knife blade. ACCESSORIES: GERBER E-Z Out Skeleton - Serrated Edge - Model 6751:http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B00004WA57 Peltor 97044 Tactical 6S Active Volume Hearing Protector:http://thediscounfinder...

SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2005 SP1.
I develop mobile applications with SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition + Visual Studio .NET 2005. So I installed both SQL Server 2005 CE and SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2005 SP1. Now I want to setup a new development environment: SQL Server 2005 CE + Visual Studio .NET 2008. My question is,should I setup some like SQL Server 2005 CE Tools for VS2008,too? Thank you. ...

Disabled accounts quandry
Hi All I have a scenario where I've got hundreds of disabled accounts that have never been logged into. I think they've come across from the NT4/ Exchange 5.5 migration. At first it would seem a simple act and low risk act to delete them. However, I believe they exist because they are mailbox enabled and various people have various permissions to access these mailboxes. I have no doubt there are some truly dead accounts. Any idea how I can figure this out (unfortunately, a few system wide programs login to each account via MAPI so no details that way) Am I missing something o...

Disable Price Locking When Quote Converted to an Order
When an order is created for a quote the price is locked so cannot be changed (unlike when creating an order direct). We only use Quotes and Orders to monitor correspondence not as a the primary sales order mechanism so we need teh flexibilty of making changes after the order is created. Does anybody know how this can be disabled? thanks Scott ...

Irwin Industrial Tools 2078318 8-Inch End Cutting Pliers
Price:$20.59 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000BDDG7A Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000BDDG7A End-Cutting Pliers Type: Diagonal Style: Diagonal Pliers w/Grip Tip Overall Length: 8 SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Irwin 2078308 Vise Grip 8-Inch Diagonal Cutting Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0OW1S Irwin 2078218 Vise Grip 8-Inch Long Nose Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0S4Y4 Irwin 2078208 Vise Grip 8-Inch North American Linesman Plier:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000A0UJVK Irwin 20...

OL03: Adv Opts Add-In Manager/COM Add-Ins disabled--why?
On my Outlook 2003 Options|Other|Advanced Options panel, both the Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins buttons are disabled. Why? How can I re-enable them? Is there some registry/policy setting somewhere? Where? are you in safe mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

Disabling autoformatting
How can I disable the autoformatting feature in Microsoft Word X for Mac - Service Release 1? It's determined to make me use Times font -- and insists on putting capital letters where I don't want them. And what it does to my outlining and margins is weird. I know that there is a section called AutoCorrect, under Tools, but even when I uncheck everything, Word still takes over the formatting. Is there another place I should be using to disable this?? Thanks. There are four tabs in the Tools | AutoCorrect dialog. Most of the annoying options are in under the AutoFormat As You Ty...

disable/enable close button on dialog box during run-time
I have a dialog box with the standard minimize and close buttons located in the title bar. During run-time I would like to be able to disable and enable the close button so that when critical functions are being performed the user can not close the dialog box. But when the critical functions are done, then I would like to re-enable the close button. What functions would I use to do this? -- _____________________ www.maduckgames.com www.marek-knows.com This thread has what you want I think: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284001 Tom "Marek Krzeminski" &...

Drawing checkbox and radiobutton by CMFCVisualManager
Hi All ! Anyone ever tries to draw checkbox or radiobutton manually by CMFCVisualManager ? I have known how to draw checkbox by: CMFCVisualManager::GetInstance()->OnDrawCheckBox( ... ) But, how do I do the same thing for radiobutton? I can't find the appropriate member function in CMFCVisualManager(). Thank you for any helps! ...

how do I disable mekorma micr for a user?
it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks she is using it. we no longer use it. I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point even though she has not been getting this message for months now after mekorma was first disabled for her. "database setup not complete error messag" wrote: > it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks >...

Access 2007 Disable Mode
When I try to run an update query or a make table query, the application wont run and gives me the following erro message. "The action or event has been blocked by disable mode." How can I disable the disable mode? This should help: http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtoenablecodeandmacros/tabid/57/Default.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "FredM1" wrote: > When I try to r...

disable logins
Is there a simple way of disabling user logins into GP temporarily so I could run a maintenance task? The last time I tried this I unchecked the checkbox (for the said company) in User Acceess. Afterwards, when I put them back, they had lost their access to Modified Reports, Alternate Windows, etc. I'm looking for something that can easily be undone that will keep a select group of users out of Great Plains. Thank You, David Andrade Check into Omni Tools from Rockton Software at http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP ...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #3
I have the following problem. When my app calls HttpOpenRequest() for third time it allways fails. After that each call to HttpOpenRequest() fails. After several fails, even COM doesn't work (each try to create any object fails). It seems that I am running out of resources, handles or memory (because of memory leaks)? How can I check what exactly is wrong? Can I use Windows Task manager? How? What is the maximum number of handles per one executable? You can use Task Manager to check for resource usage. You can look in the Output window to see a list of memory leaks when your debug pr...

Drawings not printing on x-y charts
I am superimposing a few lines "drawn" on an x-y chart. No problem until I "print preview" and notice that they are no longer evident, or print the chart and the drawings are absent. Am I overlooking something obvious? Thanks in advance for any tips here. Brad ...

Exchange admin tools on Win 2000
I am tryting to install exchange 2000 admin tools on windows 2000 computer and I am getting the following error msg. Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange System Management Snap-ins with error code 0xC1037988 (Please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try failed step again. (Retry) (Cancel) Can someone please help me with this. I replied to this in another group, but you may want to try 317480 Error Message When You Try to Install Microsoft Exchange System http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317480 Hope this helps ...

disable AutoPreview in IMAP
How can I disable AutoPreview from automatically occuring every time a new message arrives in my IMAP folder? ...

How to disable help from appearing when pressing F1
One of my greatest pet peeves about Office (but especially Excel) is the F1 key. I use F2 a lot in Excel to edit a cell, and sometimes I accidentally press F1, which causes my system to pause while the gigantic help file is loaded. If I want help, I just want it to show when I use the drop-down menus. Is there any way to disable F1? Drew. apaik@hotmail.com Drew, For a particular workbook, you could disable it with a macro: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub John "Drew Paik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...