Dr. Watson Error

We are using Visual Studio .NET to develop a web site.
One of the web pages has two buttons available for users,
one button to retrieve data from the database and the
other to   convert the data into excel format.  These
buttons work fine on XP platform but having problems on
Windows NT.  On some (but not all) PCs running Windows
NT, users may get Dr. Watson Error window and then IE
error for unable to display the content.

I found KB article 178305
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;178305) is very close to describe our situation.
However, the solution in Method-Two only fixes half of
the problem.   If I check mark "Analysis Toolpak - VBA"
under | Tools | Add-Ins | in the Excel manual, the Dr
Watson Error window will still appear. However, Excel
will launch once I close the Dr. Watson window.

What do I need to do to avoid this Dr Watson Error?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 4:51:56 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Error generating xml document during serialization: Project speci
I'm getting the above error in 1 solution/project for the following code but the exact same code works fine in other projects. References are the same. I also get xml serialization error from a web services in this solution, but the exact same calls and code work in other soutions. I compared the underlying sln, proj, etc, files, and they appeared to match among working and this non working solution. Anybody have any ideas? Dim serializer As New System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(GetType(Licensing.License)) Dim oMemStream As New IO.MemoryStream Dim oLicense As ...

Error code 57E
I have Vista 32 bit XP windows Home Premium. Try to install 2007 Microsoft System KB972581 and Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pact 2, stalls at 50% install, however any other updates are installed. I have turned off the firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials and tried to install after, and still error code 57E on these 2 updates. The updates that did install are as follows... Cumulative Security Active X Killbits Microsoft Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Filter Security Essentials for Microsoft Office Windows Malicious Removal Tool Security Update I had this problem before with the SP2 ...

Technical error

error in receiving messages.
I started getting an error message last night when I tryed to set my emails, and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as follows The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E What so I need to do. Thanks, Bill "bransn1" <bransn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:774E5DA8-C0DB-4354-8C35-A8482F1876EA@microsoft.com... >I started getting an error message last n...

Error sending Excel worksheet as an attachment
If anyone can give a hand in this that would be awesome. One of our users in this office is unable to send and Excel 2000 worksheet as an attachment when selecting File > send to > Mail Recipient (as Attachment). She can send to Mail Recipient just fine (in the body of the e- mail)... and is she just right clicks the file and sends to recipient it sends fine as an attachment... she only can't send it this one way (as above). She gets the Outlook error: "The action could not be completed" and when she clicks OK to that error she gets the Excel error: "Genera...

mail merge error "System Aborted"
Hi, when I create a campaign activity which is of type mail-merge and choose to merge to word, the system doesn't work. a) Unsuscribe part of email doesn't appear b) It doesn't post CRM:xxxxx token c) The email was sent through Word, but did not track in CRM. d) the campaign activity has the state 'aborted by system' Is this a bug? Any ideas Thanks in advance Cristiano Is there a file attachement, or after these are sent do there appear to be file attachments on the e-mail??? If the size of any attachment (i've seen this) is greater that 5MB it errors sim...

"cannot be accessed" error opening file on network server
With Office Excel 2003, I'm getting the standard "filename.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only...." message that is listed in article 835234, but I am getting it when I am trying to OPEN the file from a network location. Is there any way to bring up the existing network copy of the file? ...

Server Error in '/' Application. 01-16-06
Hi There; We upgraded our CRM from 1.2 to version 3.0 today,we now get the below error when attempting to connect to CRM. The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 with SQL2000 SP4. Your comments would be appreciated. :) Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ComponentModel...

CRM 4.0 General Error in the Scheduling Engine when saving Appoint
Hi, I'm receiving General Error in the Scheduling Engine when I try to save an appointment. I noticed that the problem appear when Regarding to a Shared Account. If I unshare the account everything is OK. But I need sharing. I also noticed that if I regard to another account and save the appointment than I can regard to the shared account and it is saved without errors. I look at the trace log and I found: "Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ_PrincipalObjectAccess'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess' ". I also read the foll...

Error Message #7
I Get a Error message saying "Not enough system resources to display porperly" when i try to open my excel 2002 Program. What can i do to work in my excel??? But i can access to some level but this error message keeps on coming on the screen.. If you have other programs open at the same time, try starting Excel with them closed.........could be you need more RAM Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Naresh h" <Naresh h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0EC63C-8992-483C-9CAD-2DF264A394E1@microsoft.com... > I Get a Error message saying "Not enou...

Printi error with Excel in Vista
Printer is connected to a router using cable. No printer is directly connected to the Vista system. Vista is hooked up wireless. Both Word and Powerpoint have no trouble using the printer In Excel, I get the message "Current printer is unavailable". Note that I can print with Notepad and IE 7. VB 6 IDE results in "Problem getting printer information from the system. Make sure the printer is set up correctly". One issue is the inconsistency within the Office apps. The other is VB 6. Solutions? I'm guessing that the printer is not installed correctly. When I upda...

Share printer error
I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to share it out i get the following error message Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006d9) Jason Marino (jmarino@tekcoon.com) writes: > I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to > share it out i get the following error message > > Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed > (error 0x000006d9) Somehow, I think you are better off asking in a forum devoted to Windows 2008... This for...

custom errors in HRESULT
We have methods that all return HRESULT. We want to also report our custom error values in HRESULT. What's the right way to do this? "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87F67172-76EA-4B3D-9FEE-EBFC687F83D0@microsoft.com... > We have methods that all return HRESULT. We want to also report our custom > error values in HRESULT. What's the right way to do this? See "Error Handling (COM)" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/com/html/15f3ae3e-1794-4948-a7aa-6309a703364b.asp In particular, read the section on "Usi...

Run-time error 438?
Hello, I am trying to create an edit control for my form. I lock my textboxes in properties and then I created a command button with an event on onclick. My codes are working for most of them expect a few. When I click the button it gives me Run-time error 438. My code is based liked this. Me![Control].Locked=False Private Sub Edit_Record_Click() Me![Drago ID].Locked = False Me![Drago Claim Number].Locked = False Me![Dealer Claim Number].Locked = False Me![Dealer].Locked = False Me![Store].Locked = False Me![Machine Acres].Locked = False Me![Part Fail Date].Locked = False - NOT WORKING ...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

30 redeployment wizard error
I am trying to redeploy 3.0 in two cases. first case: redeploy in the same domain, everything is ok. second case: redeploy to a new domain, problem occurs during redeployment wizard usage. It says "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I created new users in the new domain and manually mapped with previous ones. Since this a test environment, user names, computer name, domain names of both previous and new systems are identical. Please give me recommendatio...

Error message in windows mail 12-21-09
I just set up my account and the existing messages imported fine, but when I try to send mail I get the following error: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'new e-mail', Account: 'mail.td-wm.com', Server: 'mail.td-wm.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please help. Double check that all your account settings are correct. If they are, then e-mail scanning is a likely...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5
We have transfered all the mails to local pst file. I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018 error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it resolve the problem if I restore that. I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on database. what will be the implication on site. Kidly suggest. >-----Original Message----- >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;812531 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;314917 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;151789 >Basically you have to restor...

sp 6 Payroll tax update error
client attempted to install Rd 6 payroll tax update and code. The TX.cab file was successful but code update was successful on 2 databases then errored out on the third. She rec'd error: 'The stored procedure smGrantAccessOnAccountMSTR returned the following results: DBMS: 0 MicrosoftDyanmics GP' Has anyone experienced the same? Thanks, Debi And the error is? DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: ? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

error numbers
Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their resolution by ERROR NUMBER? I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to let one look up errors by error number! Thanks Hi, Fredrated schrieb: > Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their > resolution by ERROR NUMBER? > > I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called > "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to...

OWA HTTP Error
Hi all I have just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have tried to set up OWA 2000 but keep getting a HTTP error 404 file not found. The history is that the exchange used to be on the DC and ISA box and OWA was set up and working before although there was no reference to this in ISA so Im not sure how it worked! Troubleshooting I have done:- I am able to get to the exchange from internal using http://servername/exchange and it works fine I have set up OWA , I made the necessary adjustments to IIS ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER, allowing basic authentication and then published the web ser...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Unknown error 0X80040119
We have SMS 2003 and exchange has anyone had this problem? How did you resolve it? TIA Sam ...