DIV/0 Error

This is going to seem really simple for you all but I need some guidance
here.

I have two cells with numbers. In the next cell these two divide to give me
a percentage. At the end of that column I have a formula for calculating the
average (ex. =Average A1:G1).

The problem is that if the two cells are empty, it gives me the #DIV/0 in
the formula cell, which then in turn gives me the #Div/0 in the Average
Cell. If I put in false numbers, it gives me the correct percentage in that
row, but still, because some of the rows are not filled, the average formaul
does not work. A way around this is to use the formulka only in the rows
with data, but I know there is another way to do this.

Can anyone help please?

0
harris1214 (34)
9/12/2003 12:48:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=IF(COUNTA(A1:G1)>0,AVERAGE(A1:G1),"No values")
Replace "No values" with number 0 if you need the cell for dependant
calculations.

For the percentage, same logic:
=IF(B5>0,B5/A5,"No values")

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

"John C. Harris, MPA" <harris1214@tampabay.rr.com> skrev i melding
> This is going to seem really simple for you all but I need some guidance
> here.
>
> I have two cells with numbers. In the next cell these two divide to give
me
> a percentage. At the end of that column I have a formula for calculating
the
> average (ex. =Average A1:G1).
>
> The problem is that if the two cells are empty, it gives me the #DIV/0 in
> the formula cell, which then in turn gives me the #Div/0 in the Average
> Cell. If I put in false numbers, it gives me the correct percentage in
that
> row, but still, because some of the rows are not filled, the average
formaul
> does not work. A way around this is to use the formulka only in the rows
> with data, but I know there is another way to do this.
>
> Can anyone help please?

Thanks. That did the trick.

"John C. Harris, MPA" <harris1214@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> This is going to seem really simple for you all but I need some guidance
> here.
>
> I have two cells with numbers. In the next cell these two divide to give
me
> a percentage. At the end of that column I have a formula for calculating
the
> average (ex. =Average A1:G1).
>
> The problem is that if the two cells are empty, it gives me the #DIV/0 in
> the formula cell, which then in turn gives me the #Div/0 in the Average
> Cell. If I put in false numbers, it gives me the correct percentage in
that
> row, but still, because some of the rows are not filled, the average
formaul
> does not work. A way around this is to use the formulka only in the rows
> with data, but I know there is another way to do this.
>
> Can anyone help please?

0
harris1214 (34)

rpc 1719 error
Hi all! Why did this happen? "Apricot" <yilu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:sak732tkm37t126bclp4nugs7d3ah0m1q8@4ax.com... | Hi all! | | Why did this happen? Because you didn't tell us what caused it Sorry, I think this is a generic error, and maybe it's a param feeding error in create binding call. I have tried in this code snippet: void _CRTAPI1 main(int argc, char **argv) { RPC_STATUS status; unsigned char * pszUuid = NULL; unsigned char * pszProtocolSequence = "ncacn_np"; unsigned char * pszNetworkAddress = NULL; ...

Problem Veiwing Reports in CRM 3.0
Hi, I am having problems viewing reports in CRM Webclient. I log on as a standard user click on the report edit the filter and generate the report, and the system says the page cannot be displayed. If i log on as administrator it works, so i am assuming it is a permissions issue. Where and how to i change this so all users can view and generate reports? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance Hi, Now the administrator cannot view the reports, apart from going to the report server via IP. Any help would be great. "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > ...

MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it seems like the station's memory usage increase dramaticly. I wounder if by changing the setup of the server or client I could reduce the memory usage to a normal level. That happens because MSDE sql instance is activated, which is required to access offline data. There is no way to avoid that. You can check client task manager to see what processes consume memory. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "amirar" wrote: > Whe working withe the MSCRM 3.0 Outlook Client for offline mode, it > seems like the station'...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

smtpsvc error
I keep getting this error : SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '10.5.2.9'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. event id 2012. I have looked all over the web for a solution. I have read that is has to to with iis, that is could be my server pointing to an external dns server, etc but have found nothing that can help me. I have checked my dns run netdiag etc no errors. I know udp uses port 53 and ran a utiiity called port query. It tested my connection to see if my mail server is listening on port 53 when I type in the dns servers ip and ...

Getting a LockMatchID error using sp_rename
When I'm trying to rename a table in the tempdb table, I'm getting an error when I run it in a stored procedure or code, but it works ok on MSSMS. I get the error: Invalid EXECUTE statement using object "Object", method "LockMatchID". EXEC sp_rename 'Tempdb.dbo.oldFile' , 'newFile' Don't ask me why I have to mess with the tempdb files (This is probably the problem). But I have old legacy code that writes to the tempdb database. On Jul 14, 10:00=A0am, Cindy Lee <danparker...@yahoo.com> wrote: > When I'm trying to renam...

Error: Hay demasiados formatos de celda diferente.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C431.45DFE5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hola: Me aparece un mensaje de error diciendo " Hay demasiados formatos de = celda diferente." siempre que intento cambiar de formato las celdas. Alguien sabe el motivo Gracias ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C431.45DFE5B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//E...

Getting started with GP10.0
So, now I've installed it, what do I do? If I open the application, I get a list of servers (means nothing to me) and a username and password box. Again, I haven't a clue what I could put in here. Is this software supposed to be for lay-people? It seems horribly complex if you're not a programmer. Where is your reseller? You need a good VAR to help you implement this product. I don't know of any product in the price range of Dynamics GP that is "super-friendly" the first time you use it. A good rule of the thumb: more functionality = more complexity. -- Japhe...

SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0
Hi all Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of the CRM AD domain. Is that possible and if so how does one configure it. No, the SQL server simply must be in same AD domain as the CRM server "chodeva" <chodeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182438284.428768.197020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server > and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of > the CRM ...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

Outlook 2000 Error 550 Sender verify failed
Hello all We have one machine on our network that cannot send mail for some reason. Everytime this machine attempts to send mail using Outlook 2000 it fails, reporting the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server response: '550 Sender verify failed'. (Account: 'Fred', smtp server: 'relay.clara.net', error number: 0x8000ccc79)." It is not a simple matter of setting the authentication on the outgoing mail server, as all the other machines on the network (also using Outlook 2000) do...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

How do I get rid of this error?
Outlook 2000 I get an error after Outlook runs for a few minutes.... I ran Office repair, removed Office and reinstalled, formatted the and reinstalled the OS and apps....but I still get the error: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated. First of all, I don't know where the error log is....it must be a windows error log. Any ideas? Thanks. Sorry for the post....there's a kb article on this. "SAC" <sac@sac.com> wrote in message news:uYgXneUPGHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP11...

CRM 4.0 Outlook client on non domain PCs
Is it possible to install and run CRM 4.0 Outlook client on non domain PCs? This computers are in the corporate LAN but not in the corporate domain and they will never be. Right now, this users have a HTTP 401 error when they try to access with Outlook. They can access CRM on the web with no problems. Thanks in advance. If you add a saved username and password entry in users/advanced tab (Windows XP) in control panel, and adds the server to the local intranet zone in IE, it should work. Best regards Jens Egil Evensen "Luis" wrote: > Is it possible to install and run CRM...

Installation Error
I have installed the free trial of Microsoft Money Esssentials and when I open the program I receive the following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.705 ModName: utlsrf07.dll ModVer: 16.0.0.705 Offset: 00008fcc What can I do to correct this? Try opening a new file (or the Sample.mny file). Essentials cannot convert from open/convert a file from a previous version. That may be what it's attempting. -Mark "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2F9473-8DC0-45F2-B6BB-EEFD07E4B24E@microsoft.com... >I have installed the free trial...

error in excel help. how to select a cell after clicking the Select All button?
Hello "To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then click the Select All button. Select the cell, and press Trace Precedents twice." is written in Excel 2002 help. It's not possible to "Select the cell" following the procedure. Or How to "select the cell" in the procedure? begin 666 0486.gif M1TE&.#EA%0`4`)$``/___V9XI0```)D`F2'Y! ``````+ `````5`!0```)* MC(^I`>T/GP&BUHBG<'MCIW%-]VF61Z'0A%DE,[:GQU+M@ \T,T-"KFO45)P> @8/AP96"R5TI)6MIBQ$@H]I'P3EEM-UO[KA9D10$`.P`` ` end Ma...

Money 2004 Printing/Calculation error
Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items (customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 weeks to no avail. Has anyone had erros like these? Any fixes? THANKS!! In microsoft.public.money, KLM wrote: >Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items >(customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be >viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 >weeks to ...

Error Uploading New Report -CRM 3.0
I am having trouble loading new reports to CRM 3.0 Using: Win2K3 SBS Ent. with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. Sharepoint Installed After reinstalling failed SQL 2000-2k5 UPGRADE and Failed CRM1.2 to 3.0 upgrade, I now have SQL 2005 with CRM 3.0 successfully (or so I think) installed. After loading existing CRM Reports ...\Microsoft CRM\Reports\MSCRM into SQL Biz Intell. and changing the Datasource. The report works. I save the new built report and try to upload to CRM and receive ERROR UPLOADING REPORT in CRM. Any Ideas why this is happening? DEBUG REPORT ----- (web.config deverrors = on) Exc...

Curious error message
When trying to print 2-colour labels with an OKI 5100n printer, an error message is produced: "The instruction at "0x77f580dd" referenced memory at "0x00ffffca". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program"Please help, Frank This error usually means your printer/graphics driver needs updating. Go to the Okidata site and look around for an updated driver. http://my.okidata.com/pp-C5100n.nsf/openingdrivermenu?OpenFrameSet Click on the 2000, it says it supports XP, but I have no way of knowing what OS you are using. -- Mar...

Cannot Add Error Bars for individual data points!
I work in a research lab, and need to make a simple column chart. However, each column is an average value so error bars are needed. Not only that, but I have subsets of data-the same readings taken at different times. Thus I have Null and Dose readings for 0 hours and 24 hours. I have nicely gotten the 0 hour and 24 hour sets to become set apart in the graph display with the proper Null and Dose values next to each other. The 0 and 24 hours are written under the pairs of bars. However, I need to add error bars to each bar individually, but Excel will only let me add to "series&quo...

Service Pack for CRM 3.0
Does any one know if Microsoft is releasing any service pack for CRM 3.0 for Outlook 2003 client ? We have been having lots of Outlook crashes , we tried several methods to fix them and it seems one method works for one computer but not on other (its quite random). there will be a service pack soon I believe. What issues are you seeing.? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Kishore" <Kishore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B748352B-D978-4193-8939-7C71D863DBE0@microsoft.com... > Does any on...

DataGrid Control 6.0 fails to load in Debug
I am unable to get the ActiveX control "Microsoft DataGrid Control 6.0 (SP5) (OLEDB)" to load neither in VS.Net Resource editor nor in ActiveX Control Test Container. I have tired unregistering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdatgrd.ocx and reregistering it, but it still will not load. I have version 6.0.89.88 on my Windows XP machine. When I look at it in Depends, everything (other then mpr.dll) looks fine. It does seem to load fine when it is used in the release version of my application; it doesn't in the debug version. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? S...

Unknow Error during restore
I am trying to restore the data from one system to another. When I attempt the restore it seems as if everything is going fine until I get a unknown error and the data is not updated. Please help. First, what data are you restoring? Dynamics? Company Databases? Transaction Logs? Second, on the target system, was Dyanics GP already installed? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Lisa" wrote: > I am trying to restor...

An error I don't understand
I did a Rebuild All, because someone else was getting unpredictable behavior in their copy of my release exe, and I got the following. Could someone tell me how to proceed in finding what this is about?? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE\afxtempl.h(276) : error C2065: 'ARG_TYPm_nSizeE' : undeclared identifier Error executing cl.exe. Creating browse info file... BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\Activity.sbr': No such file or directory Error executing bscmake.exe. "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> ...

Error in Outlook #3
When I enter an apostrophe in an email message it causes an error - Outlook freezes and offers to send the message to Microsoft. (example: Max & Erma's) After the apostrophe is typed the screen freezes (not every time but often enough) What version of Outlook? Does it also occur in Word? It sounds like the spelling/grammar checker is the cause here. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "PM Brown" <anonymous@discussions.microso...