Displaying images as a result of an 'if' statement

Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cel
contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not
problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather tha
text ar a hyperlink.

Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1"

Thanks in advance for any hel

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
not possible with formulas

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a
cell
> contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not a
> problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather than
> text ar a hyperlink.
>
> Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1"
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
9/2/2004 8:57:31 PM
Thanks, I had thought as much, but I couldn't be sure.  Do you know i
it can be done using macros at all? I'm not too hot with them, I can d
a bit, so if it is possible, a pointer in the right direction would b
very useful!!

Thanks again,

Maybe J.E. McGimpsey's code will help you get started:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

"TommyRevs <" wrote:

> Thanks, I had thought as much, but I couldn't be sure.  Do you know if
> it can be done using macros at all? I'm not too hot with them, I can do
> a bit, so if it is possible, a pointer in the right direction would be
> very useful!!
>
> Thanks again,
> Tom
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Album Displays Multiple Times
Using WMP 12 and Win 7 HP 64 bit When I select Library|Music|Album some albums are listed multiple times in the Album column. It seems to be something to do with Artist. Single artist CD's are listed in one album. Multiple artist CD's are listed as one album per artist so the are many listings in the Album column for compilation albums. Why does WMP do this? What do I change to get a one listing in the Album column for each album? WMP uses 2 artist. The album artist and the contributing artist. WMP thinks an album is an album when album title and album artist are ...

Change display order for phone numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Is it possible to specify the order that phone numbers appear in a contact? <br><br>I have some contacts that I use for business, but may still have their home numbers entered. Their main contact is the business number, so I would prefer to have that listed first, however the home number is always on top. <br><br>Thanks for any ideas. ...

How to display messages to the user during long processes!!
I am parsing a big .xml file which will take around 1-2 minutes to fully complete. In that time i want to show a message "Please wait... Loading in Progress" to the user.And once the loading(one function i call to do this job) is executed the message should go automatically. Can anyone please guide me how this can be done Thanks, RAGHU You should use a worker thread to do the XML processing... in this way you don't block the main GUI thread. Worker threads were discussed recently here... Giovanni <raghudr@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:e31d9d3a-58c1...

Display hours, minutes, seconds on a time-scale axis in Excel 2003
You can display these in the axis labels if you use the appropriate number format. You can plot X with a resolution better than days only in an XY chart, not in a line chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Saritha" <Saritha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45E2B098-EBC9-489A-B3E4-0E6B66495B46@microsoft.com... > What is the appropriate number format to dispaly time in hours, minutes in an XY chart? "Jon Peltier" wrote: >...

Logo image gone
Logo image on reciepts shows a computer instead of our logo. We had the logo print there for a short period of time, but now it is back to the default computer logo. I have even taken the default computer image out of the images file and replaced it with our logo. The image shows in the reciepts format view, as it should , but does not print. Any suggestions? Check please few things: 1. Go to Store Administrator Program 2. Click on File -> Configuration > Then click on Register Tab 3. Check the Path & File Name in Store Logo text field. 4. Login now to Store Manager Program ...

Word displays icons instead of object contents
I am trying to insert a PDF file into a Word2007 document. If I use the Insert, Ojbect command or Drag and Drop the file into the document it always displays the Icon. When I double-click the Icon, the PDF file is displayed. I cleared the checkbox for Display as Icon before the insert but I can't get Word to display the PDF document. This is happening on my copy of Word2007 at home. It works fine on the copy at work. Is there some setting I am missing? ...

Can't click on URL in email and get correct results...
This just started a week or so back... nothing changed, other than the standard XP automated patches, that I'm aware of. I open an email in MS Outlook 2002 and click on a URL. The results are a completely blank IE6 application window, and a new window asking me to select a link to my browser. This happens ONLY if IE6 application is NOT currently running when I click on the URL. If IE6 application is running (minimized) when I click on the URL, there is no problem. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance. Goto Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Programs Tab Click to Sele...

Possible to display view (grid) of sub-entities WITHIN parent form
Hello All, I have repeated requests from our users to display a of sub-entities WITHIN the form parent. For example, I have created sub-entites for Cases and would like to see the records as a grid (view) within the main Case form. Any help would really, really appreciated! There is no out of the box feature that will allow you to do this. You can do it using an IFrame and a custom aspx page. This can be formated to look like and even function the Crm grids. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "MDes12" wrote: > Hello All, > >...

Displaying a + sign on positive numbers
I am calculating the percentage increase / decrease on two numbers. If the difference results in a decrease of, say 2.2% it is displayed as -2.2% If the result is an increase of 2.2%, then 2.2% is displayed. Purely for formatting reasons, I wish to display the figure as +2.2% How can I set this up so that positive numbers contain a plus sign, whilst maintaining the cell as a number? I can carry out an IF statement that will add a "+" to the figure if it's greater than zero, but this ignores any formatting to a set number of decimal places. Any help will be appreciated! S...

Trouble with Query Statement
I keep getting the following error with the code below: runtime error '13'; Type mismatch. Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblCaseInfo.CaseID, tblCaseInfo.DHSNo, tblCaseInfo.Region, tblCaseInfo.DHSAttny, tblCaseInfo.CaseName, " _ & "tblAction.CaseID, tblAction.Actn, tblStatus.CaseId, tblStatus.ClosedDate, tblStatus.StatusRptNotes " _ & "FROM (tblCaseInfo INNER JOIN tblAction ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblAction.CaseID) " _ & "LEFT JOIN tblStatus ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblStatus.CaseId " _ & "WHERE ((...

IF and conditional sum, one result
Hello everybody. I am trying to do something with a spreadsheet and no sure how to work the formula. I have seven columns and seven rows. Th column starts at F and the rows start and 1. The formula I have i this: =IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=30,SUM(K1:K5)-30,IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=20,SUM(K1:K5)-20,IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=10,SUM(K1:K5)-10,IF(SUM(K1:K5)<10,SUM(K1:K5)))) This is in cell K6. I would like this formula to also be able to loo at cells L6 and L7, and if L7 is larger than L6, subtract 1 from resul of the formula in K6. Can something like this be done? Thank you i advance for any help that ca...

Obtain MICROSOFT and CISCO Certificaitons Without Exams(Pay After Check Results)100% Passing Gaurantee
Get Microsoft...Cisco....Comptia.....Oracle......Solaris......Certificaitons Without Exam.......P{ay After Check Result.......100% Passing Gaurantee In First Attempt.......Need Not Tto Give Exams By Urself I m going to tell you the fastest way to get MICROSOFT,CISCO,COMPTIA,ORACLE,SOLAIS certified without efforts...... friends i have five vue and prometric testing sites here in INDIA.......so, i will do the exams on the behalf of the candidates, make them pass and charge some extra amount from them......... see i need ur some details then i will book ur exam on my testing site, make u pas...

Original price not displayed if item is discounted?
When viewing our Journal or our receipt, if an item is discounted, we only see the new price. We cannot see the original or the percentage off. Is there a way that the employee or customer could see what the original price was and maybe the percentage off? Thank you for any advise. Thank you for responding, but there are no attachments here could you please resend them? Thank you. "Maurice Gordon" wrote: > > Dogdog, > > Attached are some examples of a discount receipt shoot me an email if this > is what you are looking for. > > Maurice > American Re...

Chart question
I have four data series (one of which is a total for the other three series). I want to display the total as a line, and the other three series as a bars (all in the same chart, and with the numbers on the Y axis and the categories on the X axis). Data is below. Is there a way to accomplish that? Thanks for any suggestions. Fri Mon Tues Wed Thurs red 1061 1059 1065 1065 1066 green 3682 3679 3709 3722 3732 blue 283 283 277 283 292 Total 5026 5021 5051 5070 5090 Ok i think i figured it out. At least one way to do it was to simply use the chart toolbar, select the series that i wanted to ch...

Added fields not displaying in Crystal
I have added numerous schema entries to CRM, and I am having an issue where some of the added items are not showing as available for inclusion within Crystal Reports. All added schema items display and operate as desired within the CRM forms... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Scott yes you need to open up your custom report then go to Database - Verify Database to sync your report with the new fields. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us <frappe33@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1107280842.685986.113400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have added num...

Cannot display chart in new worksheet
I'm running Office 2007 Non-commercial version on Windows Vista. I enter data in a worksheet and then pick a simple line chart to display the two columns of data. The chart displays fine on the same worksheet as the data. I then "move" the chart to a new worksheet in the same workbook, but when I click on the new tab, nothing is displayed....chart is not visible. I've run the Microsoft diagnostics and no problems were found. Does anyone know of a setting that may be causing this problem? Thanks! Suzanne Try this: 1) right click the chart and use the Copy item f...

Tools->Organize form display problems
I am using the Tools->Organize function under Outlook 2002. When the Organize form opens, it seems to be missing the icons referenced within it as the form displays the broken image symbol. For example, the icons on both sides of the text 'Using Folders' or 'Using Colors' on the left side of the form. Also the text with the form does not match the rest of Outlook such as it's too big of a font size. This tells me that maybe some style sheet is not correctly referenced. Has anyone seen this happen to them and have a cure? Thanks! David ...

nested ifs or vlookup or ?
I need to do some multiplication of a monthly rate and a multiplier based on eleven different senarios. Each one has to meet two specific catagories. They are divided by f1, f2, f3, na and then by codes scfh, scvh, scvhr. Their rate will be dependent on which "f" catagory they are along with which code they are. I wrote a statement like =If(and(A2="f1",B2="SCFH",C2*A1,If(andA2="f2",B2="SCVH",C2*B1,If... This will get me too many ifs...right? I figured there are eleven different ways for these combinations to go. I have looked all ov...

I need 4 images on one page
At one time I made post cards laid out 4 on a page. I have Publisher 2003. I am unable to find the correct 'template' to do this again. Any ideas? It might have been, File Page Setup Horizontal OK Arrange Layout guides Set the margins to whatever your printer will allow. Columns 2 Rows 2 OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "Janet Personette" <Janet Personette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED93F12-D2EA-42D8-8FB5-2EFC5F0D863C@microsoft.com... > At one time I made post cards laid out 4 on a page. I have Publisher > 2003. > I am unable to fin...

When I rn Tool Tip is not displayed
Hii When I run my program then the no tool tip is dispalyed fro any other software .Its disabled .Any one can give some idea for this . Shyam ...

preview images in outlook like outlook express
Do you know of a product add-on that allows you to preview attachments to outlook in the same way that can be done with outlook express??? ...

Outlook 2007 in Vista Does Not Display Contacts in To: Box
I've been using Outlook 2007 for a few months. All is good with everything except if I create a new message and click To: the box that pops up is totally blank. If I type a name in the Search field, I get a popup box that says "The search cannot be completed. You must have an address list to search in. If you don't have a search list, contact your Microsoft Exchange Administrator". I'm not running on MS Exchange. It should be just a standard pop3 account. For some reason its set up like an IMAPI account. What do I need to fix so I can display addresses in the To: field? ...

Displaying data thru a variable
Hi Guys, How can I do this, I have a variable (txtFName) that contain the name of a table's field (FirstName), what I want is to display the value of FirstName (Mark Vargas) using txtFName. How can I do this? I will appreciate any help. Thanks Create an unbound textbox named PersonFirstName. Put the following code in an appropriate event: Me!PersonFirstName = txtFName Steve santus@penn.com "Maracay" <Maracay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C62B0790-368E-4ED1-A66E-A8B10C512705@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > How can...

pictures not displayed in Publisher
Pictures and graphics played in a Publisher file do not show up on the screen. They are in the Graphics Manager as Embedded. You only see a blank box that can be moved. It does not show up in print preview, however it will print fine. Elks434 wrote: > Pictures and graphics played in a Publisher file do not show up on the > screen. They are in the Graphics Manager as Embedded. You only see a blank > box that can be moved. It does not show up in print preview, however it will > print fine. Read the third FAQ at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Ed Bennet...

Scroll an image.
I have a windows program that will need to display a large jpg file that run unattended. I would like to load the picture showing only part of it and then scroll it (through code not through user intervention) down. The only way I've come up with so far would be to create a html page and then use a marquee tag to scroll the image. Anybody have any better thoughts. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:e931qAi4KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a windows program that will need to display a large jpg file that &...