Display Points Name on XY Scatter Chart

Hello there
I have following data

NAME    XVALUE  YVALUE
NAME1  12.5          81.5
NAME2  22.5          51.5
NAME3  52.5          91.5
NAME4  32.5          11.5

I have chart them on a XY Scatter Chart and now have a could of points.
On the source data tab, Series are in columns and i would like to
display NAME1, NAME2 and so on on every point of the chart by keeping
my series in columns, as I can have 200 different lines.

Do yoo have any ideas how could I do please?

Kind regards
Daniel

0
daniroy (45)
1/12/2007 2:46:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have a look at http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm by Rob
Bovey

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

<daniroy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello there
> I have following data
>
> NAME    XVALUE  YVALUE
> NAME1  12.5          81.5
> NAME2  22.5          51.5
> NAME3  52.5          91.5
> NAME4  32.5          11.5
>
> I have chart them on a XY Scatter Chart and now have a could of points.
> On the source data tab, Series are in columns and i would like to
> display NAME1, NAME2 and so on on every point of the chart by keeping
> my series in columns, as I can have 200 different lines.
>
> Do yoo have any ideas how could I do please?
>
> Kind regards
> Daniel

why doesn't my page sorter toolbar display?
When I open up Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get the page sorter to display? When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. gs127 wrote: > When I open up > Microsoft "Publisher". the page sorter does not show. Without the > page sorter I can't move to other pages in the document. How do I get > the page sorter to display? > When I created the publisher documents the page sorter was available. =================...

chart #8
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

Publishing an interactive chart
Hi, Is it possible to publish an interactive chart as a webpage and kee the interactivity. The cell values don't need to be edited, but I need to view th different graphis diplayed in the drop down box. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks J Calver -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel XP edition, there is no problem. You just save for the web, check a few boxes and it's done. If your viewer doesn't have XP, there is an automacic invitation to download the necessary files, as with Acrobat or Flash. johnval >-----Original Message---...

What are the service names for Exchange 2003
What are the service names for Exchange 2003. ie Net stop ? I know you can type out the entire name with "Name" but what are the short names? Is there a MS Article on it? Open the properties for the service and they are shown by the Service Name Why do you want to stop the services using Net Stop? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1782e01c418f0$ecfcbaa0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What are the service names for Exchange 2003. > ie > Net stop ? ...

Named Range launches VB?
Hi, when I start a brand new workbook, enter some numbers in a column and attempt to name the range by typing the name directly into the Name Box (Price), Excel launches VB and prompts for a password to access the VB file. If I use any other name for the range, it works fine. If I create the named range (Price) in Insert-->Name-->Define... it also works. But, why when directly typing Price into the Name box, does it launch VB? Thanks, please post replies here only. Brian in NY Typing a name in the Name Box and pressing Enter does a GoTo if the name exists in the workbook or, s...

Time-stamping a chart
I am querying a database and charting the info which I want to publish on a web page. I'd like to time and date of the latest query result to appear on the chart so that users know how current the information is. Maybe even embed the last update info in the chart title? That would work... Something like... "Average Time - Last updated 01/08/2004 9:16 AM EST" Any ideas? How is the query executed? Is it through custom VBA code? Or through native XL capabilities? If the former, use the code to put the desired title in a cell. Link the cell to the chart title. For ...

Question about outlook with attachment with name att00001.txt
Dear all, I would like to ask a problem about the MS outlook, details as follows: One of our client which using MS outlook 2000/2003/2007 have a problem about received email (using pop3), which we don't know why it will automatic added a file (att00001.txt) no matter the file with attachment or not. What our client use mail server are Linux Postfix, in front of the Postfix, our client use Cisco Ironport to scan the spam mail. The network diagram: Postfix <-> Ironport <-> Firewall <-> Internet We had made a few test and found that: 1. If the client open t...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

"De-name" cell references in formulas
Hello, I'm working in Excel 2003 SP2, and I'm trying to replace all references to named ranges used within my formulas within a workbook with the underlying absolute cell references. I found a solution in the archives of this newsgroup ( http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/4ebb9d1ee0076045/a0d6406155d03ccc#a0d6406155d03ccc ) , but I can't get it to work (neither the manual version nor the macro version). My only guess is that the behavior has of TransitionFormEntry has changed in Excel 2003. If so, is anyone aware of any other solutions. I found...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Setting chart scale min/max in VBA
Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? Hi, See Jon's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote: > Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same > workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it > manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? > Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart...

Can I use a worksheet name in a formula?
I'm using Office 2007 I have a workbook with 20+ pages. On one of them I want to use a formula that refers to a worksheet name, but in different cells I want it to refer to different worksheets. I have a cell that currently has a name typed into it that matches a worksheet name. Can I refer to the contents of that cell (INDIRECT) and use the content to refer to the correct worksheet and then go to that worksheet for the data? eg. Sheet called Christmas. In cell H2 value = Pudding on another sheet cell B2 value = Christmas. I want the formula in cell J12 to go to Sheet C...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

How do I enter lists into names?
Hello everybody Currently I am using a named range as a list for the data validation function. To make my sheet more idiot-proof, I'd like to enter the items from the named range directly into the name definition (via Insert-Name-Define or VBA). Is this possible? What syntax do I need to use? Greetings from Switzerland Urs 1st - Insert a tab and label it "Departments", that you can hid later put the data that you want in a column, like this: A1= Creative A2= Marketing A3= HR Just keep going down Columns "A" until you hav...

Outlook Today
I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario. Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004. In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my calendar as 7 " In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday as well? The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th, 2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Pie Chart
Good day, I have data organised as follows. Col A Col B (Header) ( % ) red 39% blue 0% white 24 % Green 10% Brown 0% My problem is that when i create a pie chart, it picks up the 0 valuses as well, and so the chart looks clustured, as i need to have the lables. Please advise how to tell the chart to omit 0 values. One option which i cannot use due to layout of the report is Hiding rows and then plotting only visible cells. Thanks Best regards Good Day, Jon, Thanks for the answer, but what i need is for the chart not to plot 0 values. SO that there are not too many slices of the pie....

how do I chage mm/day format display to "workweek" display?
I'd like to change the default format in which the "weeks" are displayed, which is starting date of the week. Instead or in addition to that I'd like to display it as a work week. for e.g. the Week of july 3th would be 26ww while the week of july10th would be 27ww. ...

How to view Address Book names as Last, First?
In OL 2002, how do we set theAddress Book to display names in Last, First order? To clarify: When addressing email by clicking "To," I want the names in the address book to display in the order of Last, First. How do I change it from its default setting of First, Last? This problem comes up every time I have to reinstall OL. I've tried typing in every conceivable, intuitive combination of words in the HELP, but can't find anything about the question. So, in addition to knowing the answer, I'd also like to know where someone can find the answer to the quest...

Dialog Editor Shows the previous name (not ID) of the resource
may be i havent explain clearly i try to expose the problem in another way: the resource.h contains something like this: .... #define IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY 1000 .... when i click on that Group box in dilaog designer these values are shown in the properties box (Under the Misc Category): name = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARR //its some previous name of the resource ID = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY // the current and correct ID of the resource the name property is grayed out (meaning its a read only property) but the ID property is editable Questions: 1- where does the VS store the name pro...

organization charts
I saved Organization charts as html option given by MS Visio, Now when I look at the org charts, some rectangles are colord blue and do nt show the names on the org charts. How can I fix it? Thanks ...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

Microsoft CRM 3 And Calyx Point
Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates Microsoft CRM 3 and Calyx Point? If so, does it work well? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com This might help. http://www.crmchump.org/2006/06/access_microsof.html ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C4B3C2-7BEC-4DC7-BF08-FC1F40F636A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates > Microsoft > CRM 3 and Calyx Poi...

Classes for displaying waveform data?
I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data based on zoom factor , window size, scale etc. Has anyone seen something like that? I have displays running now which look ok but they need to more intelligently handle zooming and such. Thanks Elan Would this sort of thing work for you: http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wave_editor.html Tom "Elan Magavi" <Elan@nomailnospam.com> wrote in message news:ybQqh.26886$QU1.15802@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... >I am searching for classes that can intelligently display waveform data >base...