Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart

I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing
values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A
instead?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

how do I get rid of the dark lighting under surface plot chart?
I have created a 3d surface plot - Chart On the underside of this surface is a dark 3D lighting effect. How do I get rid of this? ...

Can't get comboboxex to display images.
Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong. I can get text to show up in the dropdown but not the images. The comboboxex control was created in the dialog editor. The following code is in OnInitDialog. bm1,bm2,bm3 are HBITMAP's loaded from a 64x64 bmp file and work with other controls. Thanks in advance CImageList myImageList; myImageList.Create(64, 64, ILC_COLOR8, 0, 3); myImageList.Add(&bm1, RGB(0, 0, 0)); myImageList.Add(&bm2, RGB(0, 0, 0)); myImageList.Add(&bm3, RGB(0, 0, 0)); ((CComboBoxEx*)GetDlgItem(IDC_COMBOBOXEX1))->SetImageList(&myImageList); CO...

missing mail #3
Hi My outlook 2003 inbox has lost thousands of email, up till last few weeks. Must have hit a key accidentally, but not in deleted folder and not archived.. any other ideas thanks tim Have you checked to make sure you didn't accidentally switch your folder view(s) to a filtered view that might be hiding the older items? (You can also make sure you're not sorting on the Icon column.) Also, have you tried doing an Advanced Find to see if the items were moved to other folders? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- ...

Control in Chart Sheet
Well, I put a chart sheet with a chart that depends on the scroll bar control. This control is also on the Chart sheet. I change the value of the scroll bar, it changes the value of the link cell and finally the link cell modifies the chart. 1) If a put a name to the cell (like 'variable') and put 'variable' on the link cell field, when I save, close and open the .xls, the link cell field will be empty. 2) If a put Sheet1!A1 on the link cell field (supposing that my cell is A1) and save, close and open the .xls, the link cell field will be correct (it will have Sheet1!A...

how can i combine 2 columns in excel into 1 without losing data?
Assuming columns A and B In C1 enter =A1 & B1 Double-click on the fill handle(black lump at bottom right corner)of C1 to increment the formula down the column as far as you have data in column B. If you would like a space between the data........ =A1 & " " & B1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 9 May 2005 16:26:03 -0700, sturville <sturville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not much to go on here regarding cell contents and formatting, but I'm assuming that you have text in the cells and you just want to make on long text string. (If it was numerical...

Data Encryption
Is there a way to anonymize say a column of employee numbers in Excel? I want it done in such a way that for each year of data the number is encrypted the same way so i can use the encrypted value to look up data for that employee without knowing who the person is? Thanks for any assistance you can provide. What's the end purpose of this hiding/encrypting of the employee numbers? Just to hide them from you, or to hide from other people viewing the reports/output later? In either case you could 'hide' them by building a separate sheet that has 2 columns: a series ...

Text Wrap from Copied Access Data
When I copy data from Access to Excel, Excel automatically wraps the text. Is there a fix for this, so when I copy the data it does not wrap the text? Thanks! ...

bar chart #3
I am trying to make a bar chart. My problem is that excell keeps combining info from 2 different projects and inserts both of them into one bar chart. How do I fix this problem? I assume that you want to see the data as two series in one chart? Put your different projects into different rows, or preferably different columns, select them both, and the Chart wizard should split them into two different series. If that doesn't work, select one series, insert the chart, then go to source data, & add the second series. -- David Biddulph "Ann" <Ann@discussions.micro...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Controling queries displayed when clicking Load from Query button?
I want to be able to control the queries that are displayed when the Load from Query toolbar button is displayed. Can anyone tell me how the filter box list gets populated? Thanks. Paco ...

Data Validation #40
How can I restrict entry to ceels between the times of 18:00 & 06:00, this must allow 22:00 etc This is so it covers the night shift in 24hr format Pete Select the cells Choose Data>Validation From the Allow dropdown, choose Custom In the Formula box, type a formula that refers to the active cell, e.g.: =OR(B5>=0.75,B5<=0.25) Click OK Pete wrote: > How can I restrict entry to ceels between the times of > 18:00 & 06:00, this must allow 22:00 etc > > This is so it covers the night shift in 24hr format > > Pete -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

Excel sheet bar chart
Using source data from an Excel sheet I have created a bar chart on the same spreadsheet that goes across horizontally. The data is just start and finish dates of jobs. Some jobs have started and finished. Some have started and are yet to finish. Along the Value Axis along the top there are a series of datesset a week apart. I would like to pu a line or arrow along this value access that show he current date whenevr this spread sheet is opened Look here for information about adding lines to your charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Excel Chart with equal length axis
Is it possible to create a chart that is square? i.e. the length of the x axis is equal to the length of the y axis and be centered in landscape? Hi, I this you are going to need VBA code to do this. This example uses the smallest length to square the chart to. '-------------------------------------- Sub Squareplot() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With ActiveChart If .PlotArea.InsideHeight > .PlotArea.InsideWidth Then Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < .PlotArea.InsideHeight .PlotArea.Height = .PlotArea.Height - 1 L...

2 cycle logarithmic charts
I'm trying to get a 2 cycle log chat. i know that you can create the 1 cycle log chart in the user charts area. Could someone point me in the direction of somewhere or tell me how to get a 2 cycle chart Cheers Mark Mark - You get a two-cycle (or whatever number cycle) log scale by double clicking on the axis and choosing appropriate min and max values on the Scale tab. Or do you mean a double log (or log-log) plot? You have to start with an XY Scatter chart, not a Line chart, then change each axis to a log scale. Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check...

editing multiple charts excel 2007
I have numerous charts that will eventually be copied into Powerpoint. I want to edit all of them at one time to have the same formatting. When I choose more than one chart, the formatting for the charts is not available. This is very frustrating as now I will have to change each segment of each chart. Is there a way to choose multiple charts and edit them or am I barking up a very empty tree? On Fri, 18 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ccinseward <ccinseward@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have numerous charts that will eventually be copied into Powerpoint. I ...

Add series names to legend after the chart has been created
How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data window. Hi, You can edit the series name in the source data window. Or selecting the series and then editing the series formula in the formula bar. Or by linking to a cell reference, then you simply edit the cell. Cheers Andy Barry wrote: > How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data > window. > > Andy, thanks for the reply. I do not think I explained it very well. I have a chart that is complete, and in the legend it just shows the little colour squares. Is there ano...

Double Clicking On Cell To Edit Data
Hello, I modify existing cells contents quite frequently. Using the mouse and double clicking seems to me to be extra work. Is there any way via the keyboard to get into a cell to edit its contents? TIA Jim Mac Millan Jim Cursor to, F2 Beege "Jim Mac Millan" <fly_boy_jim@yahoo.moc> wrote in message news:OOiJF%23cLGHA.604@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I modify existing cells contents quite frequently. Using the mouse and > double clicking seems to me to be extra work. > > Is there any way via the keyboard to get into a cell to ...

Data validation listbox still not working after troubleshooting
Hi All, The list box in each cell in ranges I've named are not working--only the top cell or record in the list box can be used for some reason. The list box, when clicked, does not even show the top value--just a blank field. Does anyone know why this would happen? It does not appear to be associated with: XP, corrupt wkbook, frames or window split, etc. I've searched this site and cannot find an answer. This boggles my mind... Thanks, Arnold Hi How did you define your data validation list? Did you enter values directly, or did you refer to some cell range on same sheet, or...

Email display name when printing #2
I have one user who all of a sudden has the following print at the top of emails instead of his name: /o=xchg/ou=first administrative group/cn=recipients/cn=userid (where userid is his) It's a 2003 Exchange server (not SB) and Outlook 2003. He was printing fine until about two days ago. I've made no changes to the Exchange server, or to his account whatsoever. The server has been running flawlessly for over a year, and his account has been on it for that time. He is running on a laptop in cached mode, but that has also been the case for over a year. His credentials show up corre...

Missing TenderEntry record
Have a customer with V1.3 on Win XP SP2 workstations and SBS with SQL Server 2000. Picked up a discrepancy between the Z Report and a special sales report I wrote for them where the sales number was lower on the Z Report. After investigation, I found that the TenderEntry record for the transaction was missing. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, but the situation raises serious questions about data integrity. Has anyone seen a problem like this? Thanks to all for your comments and ideas. -- Rich ...

Problems with Vanguard Fund Data
I believe I have set up my accounts correctly and download active money statements from Vanguard, but although I have a total of about 6 different funds, the transactions all get lumped into 2 or 3 of them. I have to manually move them to correct funds. Does anyone else have this problem with Vanguard funds, or a solution? I have the same problem...even when I have shown one of the accounts as closed.Also, the transactions don't add up to the account balance...really weird. Whats the point of having online updates that don't work. any suggestions?? "Jim" wrote: > ...

Specify dimensions for Excel charts
It would be great if one could actually specify the dimensions of the axes of a graph, or the graph itself without eyeballing. Could ther for example be a function hat lets me set the lenths of the x and y axes to 4 inches by 4 inches. I do not want to esimate anything. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

limiting chart source data with criteria?
I know for a series you choose: Values: =A2:A10 is there anyway to limit it further by saying something to the effect of Values: =A2:10 but not equal to 0, like Values =A2:A10 <> 0 (I know that doesnt work, already tried it, but its kinda what I want to accomplish) I can go in and manually ctrl click through to limit the data source, but thats a pain, I'd rather choose 1 big block and have some statement exclude 0 values. I could sort the data....but according to my boss thats not an option, because she wants the order to be the same quarter to quarter no matter what the values....

bookmark a chart?
Hi, I can hyperlink to cell A1 in a worksheet using this format: Book1.xls#Sheet1!A1 byt I can't figure out how to name a chart or create a bookmark to a chart "worksheet" or chart object so I can hyperlink to either. Is this possible and, if so, how do you do it? Thanks, Mike You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro workaround in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon016 that you may be able to use. me wrote: > Hi, I can hyperlink to cell A1 in a worksheet using this form...

Disabling the total function on stacked charts
I need to use a stack chart but do not want it to add the two number together. Anyone have an idea how to do that -- ctruma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ctruman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27059 Use the second sub-type rather than the third best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "ctruman" <ctruman.1ee2cn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ctruman....