let's say i have this routine

Sub Test

    label1.caption = "Starting ... "

     'do  events

    label1.caption = "Getting there ... "

     'do events

    label1.caption = "Finished! ... "

End Sub

on my form, i have label1 right in the middle

what happens is sometimes the message will change, and then sometimes it
wont, or it will show the first one, skip the second and jump to the third

etc etc etc

so it is inconsistent.

is there a way to make sure the label caption displays consistently, on
time, when it is supposed to w/o any screen flicker?

0
neowizard (1)
3/6/2008 1:45:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you could change the caption and then repaint the userform:

me.label1.caption = "starting..."
me.Repaint

and so forth

(Untested.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

Sub-categories on the X axis
I am trying to graph data from various schools and want to display data from 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05 and so on with the school name under that range of dates. I only want the school name to appear once. The data adjacent to those dates had the school name repeated for each year but when I merge the repeated school names into one field the chart now show only one school name but it is directly under the first data point. I want it to be centered under the dates associated with that particular school. Thanks for your help. What version of Excel? In 97 the behavior was as you describe...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Outlook...screen saver keeps kicking on during active sessions
My screen saver keeps turning on when using Outlook. I can be in the middle of typing a email and it will constantly go to the screen saver picture. I have the screen saver set to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. Why does this do this??? Are there other places to adjust?? ...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

API Screen Locking
I have seen code in the past which uses an windows API to lock the screen I found the code below which apparently does this. However it does not work or more accurately the LockWindowUpdate ThisApplication.MainFrameHWND line gives a "Object does not support this property or method" error. How do I correct this? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Paste the following declaration at the top of your module: Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As Long) As Long And then use these lines of code in your m...

Run series of query -- I don't want any pop-up
I have generated 4 queries (1. empty all, 2. import data, 3. generate information, 4. Make a new table) I've created a button to run these 4 quries sequencially. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Problem: MS ACCESS pops up "confirmation dialog" to ask me whether to delete/modify the table. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: I don't want any question to be asked. I just want those queries to be executed once i press my button. -------------------------------...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...

Outlook 2000 client Connection TimeOut w/ Ex5.5 server???
Hi, we have a really intriguing issue that started recently. Outlook users, when clicking on an item in the Mailbox, will get the message "Can't open this item. The operation could not be completed because of an error on the network. Try to log on to the network again, and then repeat the operation." The user will click OK, and usually will be able to open the same item in one or two attempts. The Envrionment: Ex5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000. It is ONLY the Windows98 users that is seeing this message, on NT and W2k stations, there's this occassional hour-glass when we click on an ...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Howto save an edited xml doc w/MSXML
The following script modifies the content of my xml file: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim nodeSel, nodeVal, index Dim name : name = "//ROOT/first_level/second_level/third_level" Dim xmlfile : xmlfile = "temp.xml" Dim value : value = "false" Dim xDoc Set xDoc = CreateObject( "MSXML.DOMDocument" ) index = 0 If xDoc.Load( xmlfile ) Then Set nodeSel = xDoc.selectSingleNode( name ) 'WScript.Echo "Found node", nodeS...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...