Disappearing Text in new excel files after format - wrap text

Something has apparently changed on my Dell Latitude 610 laptop with
my installation of Excel 2003.  If I type text in a cell and then
choose Format Cell - Wrap Text, the text disappears from the cell. It
is still there, because you can see it on the edit text box at the top
of the window.  I do not change anything else about this text.  All
other formatting is at the default.  It does not matter how long the
text is.  It can be short or long text.  The font color is Automatic.
The font is normal.

If I unwrap the text, then it reappears.  Very frustrating.  Any help
would be appreaciated.

Thanks!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On May 15, 9:41 am, andreabwilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Something has apparently changed on my Dell Latitude 610 laptop with
> my installation of Excel 2003.  IfI typetextin a cell and then
> choose Format Cell - WrapText, thetextdisappears from the cell. It
> is still there, because you can see it on the edittextbox at the top
> of the window.  I do not change anything else about thistext.  All
> other formatting is at the default.  It does not matter how long thetextis.  It can be short or longtext.  The font color is Automatic.
> The font is normal.
>
> IfI unwrap thetext, then it reappears.  Very frustrating.  Any help
> would be appreaciated.
>
> Thanks!

This vexes me as well, I've just discovered a user with this same
problem. Let me know if you find anything out, and I'll let you know.

New Disk storage

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files