Disabling Copy

I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell
it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be
disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks

--
pkrono
pkrono's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can do this with Excel 2002/2003.

With code you could disable a right-click, but you could still use
Edit->Copy in Excel 2000 and earlier.

"pkrono" wrote:

> I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell
> it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be
> disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks
>

> --
> pkrono
> pkrono's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346874

0
NickB (68)
2/19/2005 3:25:02 AM
Hi

 There really is no way to prevent copying in excel.

There are several things you can do to make it more difficult for the
average user, like deleting the cut,copy and paste items from the menu bars,
using onkey to disable the shortcut keys from cutting, copying and pasting,
disabling the right click menu, password protecting your vba code and having
all sheets but the opening sheet xlveryhidden so macros must be enabled etc
but still anyone with a little vba programming knowledge and a little
initiative can bypass all of that in a few minutes.

I have a workbook that shows how to do all of these things, but like I say
it is not very practical since it can still all be bypassed fairly easily.
If you want to see it for information's sake, email me and I will send you a
copy.

Ken

"pkrono" <pkrono.1knxu9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell
> it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be
> disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks
>

> --
> pkrono
> pkrono's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346874

0
KenMacksey (98)

How to copy the work sheets from different workbooks into one?
Hi, I have a 30 work books and each book has 5 sheets. I want to copy the first sheet from each work book to a single work book 'A', so that work book 'A' will have 30 sheets . Manually it takes time as I need to copy hundreds of work sheets... Can you please help me ? Thanks, Sesh Try this example Sesh http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sesh" <Sesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65361533-B4A0-4F0B-A99A-216478BC1375@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a 30 work books and each book ...

outlook copy to new computer
I need help in copying my Microsoft Outlook info to a new computer. ...

Prevent workbook from opening if macros are disabled
Is there any way that I can prevent the workbook from opening if th user chooses to disable macros ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com bondie, Sorry, but that can't be done. What can be done (and you have some answers in your previous post) is to make the workbook unusable if macros are disabled. Please note that Excel is by no means secure. Even if you protect and lock the VBA code, it's quite simple for an experienced user to crack it. There are als...

I can not disable e-mail tracking in system settings
Hi guys, Now I am using the MSCRM Server 3.0, and I have the issue about disable e-mail tracking funcation. When I change the choosen from "Yes" to "No" for "Track e-mail" in settings ---> Organization Settings ---> system Settings ---> Email tracking, after I click "Ok", but that options is still keeping "Yes". How can I disable Tracking E-mail function or change the "track E-mail" from "Yes" to "No"? Waiting for your help Thanks a lot & best regards Martin Try adding the 'Publisher&#...

Excel embedded in Word and Select range to copy
Hello, I have been looking into how I can select an embedded excel doc in Word 2007 and copy all the details in the worksheet to a bookmark in the active document. I have managed to open the embedded workbook but I am now stuck. Code so far is : Sub ActivateExcelCell() Dim ils As Word.InlineShape Dim doc As Word.Document Dim of As Word.OLEFormat Dim xlWB As Excel.Workbook Dim xlapp As Excel.Application Set of = ActiveDocument.Range.InlineShapes(1).OLEFormat of.DoVerb wdOLEVerbPrimary Set xlWB = of.Object ...

Copy .dbx files?
I saved a personal folder "daninbox.dbx" and would like to add this to the new Outlook I just started on a brand new computer. Where should I copy this *.dbx" file to so that I can see these old emails? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=mi...

Copy files to CD
I would like to copy my money files to a CD instead of archiving them. Is this possible? money "back-up" file needs to be backed-up to hard drive first and then copy to cd. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to copy my money files to a CD instead of >archiving them. Is this possible? >. > ...

Exmerge and optionally copying mailbox permissions.
Hello, We have a Ex5.5 server in one Exchange organisation and an E2k server in another. Both servers are the only servers in their respective organisations and are in the only domain in the same AD. So are all the user accounts. We need to migrate the mailboxes from the Ex5.5 server to the E2k server. Exmerge can move the contents of the mailbox but we also need some way to migrate the permissions on each mailbox. Exmerge has an option to also copy mailbox permissions but it gives a warning about migrating permissions between different Exchange organisations. In our case, where users in E...

Incompatability while ripping or copying CD's
While 'starting out' transferring all my records and tapes to CD, I had a CD recorder. I have however found, that while copying my CD's to an external hard drive, that the process stops before the ripping process finishes. On my laptop, I am greeted with the CD making a sort of wirling noise. Meanwhile, my PC thinks it's an incompatibility issue. Now for the ironic bit. My CD's don't seem to be affected.* Otherwise they would not play properly on my Hi Fi CD Player. Meanwhile, any feedback in relation to the above would remain helpful. I'd lik...

Copy new data being added automatically to sheet2
Hi, I have this sheet which i am currently working on - what i would lik to do is everytime a new bit of data is added to sheet1, i automatically updates sheet2 (which is a datastore). It has to be abl to find the next blank cell in the store so data isn't overwritten. I would prefer not to use a button but am open to suggestions. Ar there change events i could put code behind? Kind Regards, Alex The file sometimes has problems opening straight from a folder so ope excel first, and find the file through that. Cheers +---------------------------------------------------------------...

Can I copy Groups from one spreadsheet to another?
I have a file which has been produced by exporting data from MS Project, and I would like to make this easier to read in Excel by grouping Tasks and sub-Tasks by Row. I don't have MS Project myself, so am dependant on exports by people who do. If I manually Group Tasks and sub-Tasks by Row can I copy/transfer these Groups to the next version I receive, or do I have to do the grouping all over again from scratch? There is a column headed 'Outline Level', containing numbers 1 to 8. Can these be used to create an Outline in Excel? If so how? ...

Excel 2000
I currently have an excel worksheet with two separate charts which are updated daily to generate some stats. I have recently formatted the charts to have rounded corners (right click on chart and choose 'format chart area' > 'patterns' > check 'rounded corners'). When I format just one of these charts in this way and with it highlighted use the copy command (ctrl 'c') when the image is pasted all is fine. However if both of my charts are formatted in this way and both selected at the same time, click first chart then proceed to click second char...

annoying flcker as macro copies from one sheet to another
I have a macro in excel 2003 that 1. Reads the contents of a cell on one sheet 2. processes the value 3. Writes the new value to a cell on another sheet It does the three steps hundreds of times for different cells in a grid. When the macro runs it jumps from sheet to sheet to sheet again in an annoying way. Is it possible to have the macro run but not update the screen as it goes? In some way get the macro to save the updates in memory and write them to the screen in one go when the macro terminates? thanks Hello Yes you can use: Application.Screenupdating = False And remember to set...

Visualization for WMP12 was Disabled
I have installed a visualization for WMP12 to show lyrics.One day it had a trouble and the player closed by itself.Later I started it again but it said that the visualizations was Disabled.Now I don't know how to enable it.Who can help me?(It's better to use Chinese to talk with me,I can't use English very well.) More: The menu of the visualization is gray.I can't use it. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:37:01 -0800, zhj <hs404zhj27@126.com> wrote: >I have installed a visualization for WMP12 to show lyrics.One day it had a >trouble and the player cl...

Multiple copies of same message in archive
Have Outlook 2003. At times when I import the archived file I find that there are multiple copies of the same message. I have to (1) delete the archive file, (2) painstakenly eliminate the duplicate messages, and then (3) create a "fresh" archive file. Is there some setting that can be used to prevent multiple copies of the same message in the archive file (pst)? Thank you. Why are you importing the Archive & not simply opening it? "reader" <reader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C807333C-8B7B-4D67-AA25-47C25A5D9B52@microsoft.com... &...

Copy a cell to all workbooks within a folder.
I am trying to find a way of using a master spreadsheet to update all spreadsheets within a named folder. Ron be Bruin gives an excellent solution to this exact problem where the named folder is located on your PCs hard drive. My question is whether this functionality can be extended to a named folder on a shared network drive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. -- Andy T Hi Andy Try to use this in my code example http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm 'Previously posted by Rob Bovey: Private Declare Function SetCurrentDirectoryA Lib _ "kernel32" (ByVal lpPat...

How can I create a macro to copy from Excel and paste into Outloo.
I have a repetative motion everyday where I have to copy information from an Excel Spreadsheet and paste in into a new message in Outlook. On my macro it copies what I have selected and will open a new message and even type a message and enter a subject in the subject box, but I cannot figure out how to paste what I've copied. Can this be done? I cannot find anywhere in help what terminology to use to get something to paste from excel to outlook. Thanks. Marcus Amerivision Comm. check this out http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- eluehmann ----------------------------------...

How to enable and disable Menu item in Dialog application
hai I have succes fully created and implimented the menu in the Dialogue based application. I am unable to enable and disable menu item. regards vinodh noel "chinthamani" <vinodh_noel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ef3155286ef5276517ce499e6b0d270@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > hai > I have succes fully created and implimented the menu in the Dialogue > based application. I am unable to enable and disable menu item. > regards > vinodh noel > Dialog applications don't perform the same OnUpdateUI processing as a regular SDI/MDI application s...

Junk E-mail filter won't disable.
Our environment is OL2K3 and Exchange 2K3. I have a few clients starting to complain that legitimate emails are being put into the Junk E-Mail folder. They have filtering set to none. In fact, two so far were not set to Cached mode and had to have it enabled in order to change the Junk E-Mail setting. Any ideas how to fully disable the OL2K3 Junk E-Mail filtering? thanks in advance. Hi, 1. Do these users have anything on the "Blocked Senders" tab? 2. Are you running any client-side anti-virus software? Thanks -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Strange thing when copying a range !!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01CA7D09.53379650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The following code gives me the error " 1004 ..." in the second line Sheets ("MASTER").Select Range("Fall_from_height").Select 'PS : the range exists !! Copy The following code works, but after the Copy instruction it creates an = new workbook !!!!! (i do not want that it creates a new workbook). Sheets ("MASTER").Select Application.G...

how to copy fill color with shading
Using SmartArt a certain box gets a nice color fill with shading. Is there a way to capture the color settings from that box so that I can apply the same shaded color fill on a handmade box or another box inside another SmartArt object? Some sort of copy format? Thanks! Hi Alessandra, Try this workaround: 1. Select the child shape within the smartart object. 2. Copy the shape (Ctrl+C) 3. Select the slide. 4. Hit Paste (Ctrl+V) 5. Check if this pasted shape is a group, if it is a group then ungroup it. 6. Select the shape with the desired formatting. 7. Click on the format pai...

copy to different worksheet
Here's my problem. In worksheet 1, I have summation formulas in a one row, at a4, b4, c4, d4 and e4. I want to put the results of the above sum formulas into a different worksheet and put them in one column, such as a1, a2, a3, a4 and a5. Can anyone help me?' Thanks Try this in A1 of Sheet2, and copy down: =INDEX(Sheet1!$A$4:$E$4,ROW()) -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "jskamm" <jskamm@discussions.microsof...

remain constant in a copy & paste
I want to set up a column of numbers at the bottom I want to show a total of the numbers in column b I want to show what % column a is of the total That's easy enough, but when I copy and paste the total tries to move down a row skewing my calculations. In other words in the formula in cell b1 =a1/sum(a1:a10) when I copy and paste it to cell b2 it becomes =a2/sum(a2:a11) and I want the sum portion to remain constant - in other words =a2/sum(a1:a10) Please help. Thank you Vivian =A1/SUM($A$1:$A$10) =A2/SUM($A$1:$A$10) You need absolute value, when you select the range press F --...

How do I copy page setup from one worksheet & paste into new shee.
I have set up a template in one Excel worksheet and want to be able to paste it into new worksheets. My problem is that I the have to adjust the page setup in each new worksheet. Is there a way I can copy the page setup into the new worksheet? Hi if this sheet is the first in your workbook try: - select this sheet and the other sheet(s). Hold down the CTRL key to group the sheets - goto the page setup dialog and simply hit OK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rasc0" <Rasc0@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E2EB66D-90F8-49F6-9043-62CBB9CCE602...

Copying Hotmail to Inbox
I am trying to synchronize my Palm to store emails during a hotsync. It will pull emails out of the outlook inbox. I use Hotmail and sync outlook xp to that, so my messages and headers are downloaded into outlook. They end up in a Hotmail folder however, not in the Outlook inbox. Is there a way to have them go to the Outlook inbox? ...