Disabled Trust access to visual basic project checkbox

I am working on some code that uses COM to manipulate VB code in Excel.  I
know that my users need to check the "Trust access to Visual Basic project"
checkbox in Excel's security settings in order to access VBProjects.
However, one of my beta testers reports that the checkbox is disabled on his
machine and we can't figure out why.

Does anyone know what conditions would cause this checkbox to be disabled?

Thank you very much.

David Liebtag

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at Jim Rech's response in this thread:
http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=%23VsWtuGCFHA.1400%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--

Dave Peterson
0

Access 97 upsize to SQL 2K
OK - someone here gave me a suggestion on using the (newer) upsizing wizard to do this. I thought I had saved that post but now I can't seem to find it. So if anyone knows: 1) Where can I find the version of the Wizard that works with SQL 7; and 2) What is the modification I need to make to the code so it works with SQL 2K. TIA! We use the Access 97 upsize wizard, which doesn't do nVarChar. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f5c7a907-7c5f-46cb-9157-a1ec4e96083d&displaylang=en If you use the later wizards, you will have to convert the nVarChar to VarChar, b...

Windows 2003 Support of Access Database
Hi All, I want to know which version of Access Database is supported by Windows 2003.So that I can plan the converion. Thanks in Anticipation, Vaibhav ...

intermittent access to public folders PLEASE READ!!
I have about ten users that cannot access one public folder tree off and on. They can access all other folders without error. The folder is a third level folder, and all permissions are set at the root. Both Default and Anonyms have contributor permission all the way down the tree. If I add the users directly to the fold they gain access for a few hours, then they cannot access again. There is a 1000 users in the enterprise, and everyone else is not having any problems. ANY IDEAS would be great. How many servers you have? If there are several it might be replication problem. Or ...

windows 2003 server directory access problem
hi,all I install oracle server 9.2 on a 2003 server ,and the ora92 directory access permission is as below: D:\oracle>xcacls ora92 D:\oracle\ora92 NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(OI)(CI)(special access:) READ_CONTROL FILE_READ_DATA FILE_READ_EA FILE_EXECUTE FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F ...

can I make access remember a last unbound number
I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text box, but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? The number is used to reference a user start point, but I want it to still be there when the database is reopened. "efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5F6D14E-3B48-4DD5-8A7E-3C6477AE8B01@microsoft.com... >I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text >box, > but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? > > The number is...

Access table printing problems
The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 times. Do you mean an MS Access database table? If so, why did you post it in an Outlook newsgroup? "Grannie" <Grannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D7A517-ADDB-4326-A0C0-A9648F6E3911@microsoft.com... > The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 > times. ...

Access Run-time 04-30-10
I want to deploy Access Run-time 2007, but found out I can't because it will not run on Windows 2000. Are there any alternatives? Upgrading the OS (Xp, Vista, Windows7) is not an option in this case. Thank you, QB Sorry, but there's no alternative. Access 2007 (and, in fact, all Office 2007: see http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/suites/HA101668651033.aspx) require a minimum of Windows XP SP2 in order to run. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "QB" <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Access OnDelete message
How do you stop the Access message when you delete a record. I want to create my own but can't figure out how to stop the Access delete confirmation message. You set the Response variable to the constant "acDataErrContinue" value in the BeforeDelConfirm event procedure: Private Sub Form_BeforeDelConfirm(Cancel As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error Resume Next Response = acDataErrContinue End Sub -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "ABM" <ABM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5709F966-E802-42E6-9B77-BAA223623AFE@microsoft.co...

different fonts in access
Thank's to the one who pointed out the possibility of forms in Access. Unfortunately that does not help me any further. Because when I chance the font into Hebrew in the form - which has not the same signs in English (letter v on the keyboard is not equal to v in Hebrew) and is written from right to left for instance tohoe becomes zulsr - the text in the tabel changes as well. it becomes nonsense. Any suggestions on how to solve this? You need to change your keyboard settings and lanugage Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings -- Wayne Manchester, England....

Checkboxes keep moving left!
Greetings! In my spreadsheet, I have a sheet (called, say, "Edging") with four checkboxes, one placed on each side of a rectangle. When I close out the file and then re-open it, the four checkboxes become flush-left to the screen, while the rectangle stays correctly placed in the center of the screen. I've tried all options in the Properties menu to try to correct this problem (e.g., lock, left, top, autoload, etc.), but nothing seems to work. I should mention, for whatever it's worth, that to get to the "Edging" sheet, a macro is run from another sheet whic...

Cannot delete e-mail
When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' I don't know the solution to this issue. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error >message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' > >I don't know the solution to this issue. > >. >Try pressing the shift key and delete key simultaneous, this should permanently delete the msg. Mark ...

Enable/Disable Text Fields
Hello, I've searched through posting and I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I'm not even sure if this is possible. I have a form, which requires 3 different individual's approval: Person1, Person2, Person3. When the form loads, I have all threes fields enabled, with a command button next to them that is enabled: Approved. I want the individual to be able to click on "Approved" and have a form pop up asking for password, which is checked against the password I have stored in a table. If the password is a match, I want the "...

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

access to excel
Is there a way i can setup a db in access, enter my information, then transfer it to excel. In the excel spreadsheet it will need to be formatted into a table that has fields down the left side going across and fields across the top going down.. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 What we have now is an excel spreadsheet one person uses. The user enters different information in the spreadsheet everyweek and send it to different companies. What the user is wanting is a quicker way of entering the inform...

Upgrade versions of Access and Expression Web 3
I have "Office Home and Student 2007" and this is installed in 2 laptops and 1 desktop and home use only. I need to purchase Access and expression web. Can I purchase "Office Access 2007 Upgrade" and "Expression Web 3 Upgrade" versions. In the microsoftstore website it says "Upgrade available on these qualifying applications:" and one of them is "Any 2000-2007 Microsoft Office suite, and any Microsoft Office XP suite" for all 2 softwares. So, in this case, I can purchase upgrade versions of the softwares if they require any 20...

Quick Access Toolbar
Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text instead of icons? Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what each one for at a glance without hovering. Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :( Debbie wrote: > Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text > instead of icons? > No > Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what > each one for at a glance without hovering. > > Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :...

Access 2007 Saving report in RTF
I'm using Access 2007 and deploying a small app with the runtime. One of the choices for saving a report is to use the RTF format - which makes it viewable in WORD. However, the sole picture in the report - which is saved in a control of the Type ATTACHMENT does not display when the file is opened in WORD. It will however, print when the record is printed. This seems to be odd to me - how do I get the picture to display with the rest of the record in WORD ? I cannot use the bound object control as I get the OLE server not registered, and running the regexe tool will not correct...

Controlling user access to MS CRM in a Multi-tenant environment.
Hi all, How can i prevent concurrent user logging to CRM concurrently using same logging details. the client has one licence, but other staff members are able to log onto CRM use same credentials at the same time. i want to be able to prevent othe people from logging in if there one already logged in. -- ...

Email access on home network
I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the internet. I would like to be able to acess , read , send emails from both PCs . Can i setup a network path on one pc (the none gatesway) to the mail boxes on the other ? Happy to use either Outlook or Outlook Express , if one supports this better than the other. Thanks in advance "Greg Roberts" <Greg@NOSPAMvirgilsoft.com> wrote in news:uHHdJ1sdDHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the > internet. > > I would like to be able to ac...

A rather basic question I am sure...
Hi, Firstly I am not a SQL person.. so I am sure that this question is rather basic.. for that I am sorry.. I have been given the task to create a few reports, and with this I need to group some sales data. The table looks like : transID OrderID Orderdate sku qty 1 1234 1/1/2010 12:12am ABC 3 2 1234 2/1/2010 8:19pm DEF 5 3 5678 1/1/2010 2:10pm ABC 3 4 5678 1/1/2010 2:10pm ...

Combo box in Visual Basics
Hello Everyone, I'm fairly new with Visual Basics. I'm creating a form and I'd like to add a combo box (drop down Lisyt), and I can't seem to figure out how to validate the list from there. Does anyone know how or have a reference to this? Thank you in advance. Next time you're in the VBE working on your userform, click on the combobox and hit F4 (to show its properties). Then change the style to fmStyleDropDownList--this allows only the items in the combobox's list. Then you can use the .rowsource property to point at the range that should be used for validatio...

Visual Basic Programming Tips
Hi Everyone, To get to the visual basic editor use Tools > Macro > Macros > Visual Basic Editor This article has tips about using the editor. Two features mentioned are not available in Mac Visual Basic (Auto Quick Info & Auto List Members are Windows only). The article is titled: How to format Sub procedures in Visual Basic for Applications http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843621 -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> ...

How to disable a Submenu runtime
Hi, I'm working on a VC++ application. I need to diable a menu item that has a submenu. Could anyone give me an idea how to do that. Thanaks in advance. I'm assuming you have something of the form: File Something This That Whatever > Stuff etc. and you would like to disable the Whatever item. This is a bit tricky, particularly in MFC. I have done this a couple times. I've used two different mechanisms. The first case was in a dialog-based app, where I didn't have ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI capability. What I did there was to implement the following code in t...

Desperately seeking help re: Web access and Administrator Account
Hi, I've just installed CRM 3 on SBS, and have it working to the point where it shows up in Outlook on my desktop. I have data in BCM that I want to migrate, and I've installed the migration wizard. Everything worked up to the last Verification step, where I get the message "Current user does not have Restricted Access Mode". From various threads I've read, it appears that this can be set for the Administrator, but I can't find the place to do that. I can't get CRM to open up in a browser, so the only tools I have for opening it up are the ones that appear ...

How can I update an MS Access table record from within Execl works
In my Excel spreadsheet, I have created a link to an MS Access database table, where it imports data from Access to Excel. Now from that same Excel spreadsheet, I want to find a way to update (change) a record in the MS Access database table. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks, David ...