Disable prompt for external query

My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened.

Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
refresh.

Is this possible to automatically bypass?  I'd like the query update to
happen seamlessly without any prompting.

0
hall (126)
10/20/2005 1:49:07 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This link will provide details of how to do what you want:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011362611033.aspx

"Hall" wrote:

> My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened.
>
> Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
> refresh.
>
> Is this possible to automatically bypass?  I'd like the query update to
> happen seamlessly without any prompting.

0
Richard853 (481)
10/20/2005 2:03:07 PM
Richard

I have no idea what this means.  I'm not sure if you sent me to the wrong
page or to a specific piece and context or explanation is provided
elsewhere.

Please give me a bit more guidance on this...

Thx!

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This link will provide details of how to do what you want:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011362611033.aspx
>

> "Hall" wrote:
>
> > My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is
opened.

> > Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
> > refresh.
> >
> > Is this possible to automatically bypass?  I'd like the query update to
> > happen seamlessly without any prompting.

0
hall (126)
10/21/2005 2:23:22 PM
Hall,

These are office policies, and control how every user sees and uses the
office suite.

The section you need is further down under 'Policies in the Excel policy
template'. If you talk to your system administrator about this, then they
should be able to configure the system to automatically update the query when
you open it.

I hope you can work it out!

Richard

"Hall" wrote:

> Richard
>
> I have no idea what this means.  I'm not sure if you sent me to the wrong
> page or to a specific piece and context or explanation is provided
> elsewhere.
>
> Please give me a bit more guidance on this...
>
> Thx!
>
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This link will provide details of how to do what you want:
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011362611033.aspx
> >

> > "Hall" wrote:
> >
> > > My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is
> opened.
> > >
> > > Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
> > > refresh.
> > >
> > > Is this possible to automatically bypass?  I'd like the query update to
> > > happen seamlessly without any prompting.

0
Richard853 (481)

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Database query, spreadsheet size
I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the file stays around 300K. Does anyone know where this extra data is sitting and how can I clear it out. Hi 300K is not that big but have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with several database queries from >SQL Server. As queries are refreshed, spreadsheet size >continues to grow. Even when I wipe out the queries, the >file stay...

Disable Spell Check
Is it possible to disable the spll check feature in Word 2002? It depends what you mean by 'disable'. You can prevent the spell checker from checking a document by selecting all of it and applying the no proofing language parameter to the selected text. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Ldap Query
I want to make a query where i can see the members of an administrative group or Distribution list. Is there someone who has such a query? administrative group would be based on something similar to (legacyexhangedn="/o=Microsoft/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients") dl would be based on (memberOf="DN of Group") This works fine as long as the group isn't the users primary group -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this...

Get External Data
I have a 2 column table which is likely to change length whenever the Refresh Data menu option is selected. The table links to another software package (SAGE). I don't have formulae in adjacent columns so my problem can not be solved by checking the "Fill Down formulas in columns adjacent to data" box. I do, however, have text in adjacent columns (which the user selects from an in-cell drop down list) which I need to remain aligned with the relevant row. The "insert entire rows for new data ..." option does not appear to do what it says! It only inserts rows in the...

Importing text using get external data
I have created a query spreadsheet that gets certain data from another spreadsheet (call it data spreadsheet). The data spreadsheet has a column where text is stored, which in some cases exceeds more than 255 characters. The query that imports such data truncates the text to the first 255 characters. Is there a way around it ? Any input will be appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Union Query
A union query I developed has suddenly stopped working. The syntax is: SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 1] UNION SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 2]; Pulling up each query individually works fine. When i run the above union query I receive "Invalid use of Null". The number and order of the columns in each query are identical. Access 2003 here. Any ideas what could be the problem? I suspect it is the VBA code that you are using around the query, not the query, that stopped working. To confirm, does your query is executable from the query editor? If it does not, you also confirm t...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

Relationship error in a query
Hello Everybody, I have four tables in a databse. Each database has at least one column containing prices of goods & services. However, these columns are not related in anyway (some other colums are). I am trying to summerize these price information in one query where I am trying to list the sum of prices from every table. When I try to do so I am getting an error part of which says: "One or more of the tables isn't related to the others. Click OK to edit system relationships." At least according to the error message (and this would have been my question anyway),...

Query table using criteria from an Excel document
Hello, I have a Access table of names and addresses. There is a postcode (zipcode) text field. I also have an excel spreadsheet with a single column of postcodes; no duplicates. I need to get query to return each name and address in the table which has a postcode listed in the spreadsheet. Typing each postcode manually into the query seems clumsy. Any ideas? Add a link to the Excel data. Create a new query joining the linked Excel data and your Access table on the postcode field. Those that match will result. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/A...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Still stuck: rerunning a query to change criteria
My form lets one set criteria for a query, from which some textboxes display several Dcounts of the selected clients (grouped and counted by age and gender). Now I need this query to be rerun once different criteria are set. But I believe that as long as the form is open, the query wil be run ones and then never again! I could of course have people close and open the form again and again, but that is cumbersome. Me next try would be to have the criteria be set i the form and then as next step run and open the query, including the data to be displayed in a subform. But is ...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

Blocking external emails to Group email boxes
How do I stop external senders from reaching the email boxes that might include all domain users? Someone might find the name of one of those groups email address and send to all users. Not good!! what version of Exchange? in Exchange 2003 you can restrict delivery to "authenticated users"; on 5.5, you can restrict delivery on the Delivery Restrictions tab, maybe to whatever list contains all your own users... "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C593ED15-0461-4F4B-81F5-D8C8157B6AC0@microsoft.com... > How do I stop external senders f...

Disable Recently Used Menu Options
How do I disable the option that only shows the most recently used men options. I want Windows to to show all menu options whither I hav used it before or not. It is a setting in the control panel but can't seem to find it. I have Windows XP. Thanks in advance. M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click on menu bar. Select Customize. Uncheck the "Menus show recently used commands first" option. Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How can I count the number of emails sent externally a month
My boss wants me to find out what our average number of external emails sent per month is. How can I extract this information out of Exchange. Thanks You could enable message tracking, and then you could use Log Parser to get a nice little csv file that you can import in a SQL or Access database file... More info on Log Parse here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx HTH Ilse <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote in message news:1134047646.645570.287390@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My boss wants me to find out what our average number of exte...

Priv.edb query utility
Recently I ran across a utility on technet somewhere that you can run against the priv.edb for exchange 2003, and it can spitback how much of a percentage that each users mailbox is compromised of specific attachment formats, by extension name, not by querying the attachments mime information. It spat back graphical information in pie chart format, to show for example: user 1's mailbox is 15% compromised of mpegs, and avis etc It can also spit back the total % of the overall priv.edb is comprised of 15% specific formats(in our case, movie file formats, mpeg, avi etc). Does anyone...

random incomplete query results
Hi to all, on a form I'm filling a "box" (I don't know the english name, is like a combo without the input selection row) from a table on the same database. To do that, I'm using the property "RowSource", also to change the ordering field. The problem is that, when I'm using the database on a PC with Windows 2000 and Office 2000, "sometime" (exactly! not all the times!) the list on the box is covering only a fraction of the entire table! After some trials I get the full list... The same database, on my PC (XP and Office 2003), is working alw...

Mouse Cursor disabled
I have loaded a Compaq 100 laptop with XP update 3, "new PC disk". It loads slowly, but shows no errors. However, the machine is unusable, via either the pad or plugged-in mouse. The cursor jumps all over; can't get it so do anything. Also, when START is hit, the screen comes up; the arrow keys seem to work, but the screen goes back to the version before start within a minute. From what I have seen, there is a problem with the mouse driver, but the condition of the machine is such that I can't get it online to request an update. The machine has a CD drive an...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

How to disable Contract Template window?
Hi All, Can we disable the pop up window to select Contract template, which comes up while creating a new contract? That means, whenever we crate a new contract, it always opens a pop up window to select contract template, can we disable that window not to pop up and takes a standard value for contract template? Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance. Ashwani Not in a supported manner. You could probably edit the underlying ASPX page though to remove the call. However, no telling what this might impact. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -----------...