Digitally signing VBA Project

I want to digitally sign my macro, so that all our offices can use it
(without prompts). I know I can use SelfCert.exe, but I would like one which
is recognised by windows as a trusted source (so all my users don't have to
add my self cert on every machine). I have spoken to Verisign - they charge
$499, I looked at GoDaddy, and they don't make them.

Is there a more affordable source of one of these certificates?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You probably will not find any cheap sources for a digital certificate.  Most
users of digital certificates are commercial entities who can recover the
cost of the certificate through sales of their products.  Obtaining a
certificate for "convenience" to avoid security warnings may be more costly
than the value received in processing ease.  Unless there is a constant
output of new procedures that are used by other workstations, I doubt that
obtaining the certificate would be worthwhile.

"Michelle" wrote:

> I want to digitally sign my macro, so that all our offices can use it
> (without prompts). I know I can use SelfCert.exe, but I would like one which
> is recognised by windows as a trusted source (so all my users don't have to
> add my self cert on every machine). I have spoken to Verisign - they charge
> $499, I looked at GoDaddy, and they don't make them.
>
> Is there a more affordable source of one of these certificates?

JLGWhiz1 (12)
11/10/2007 2:59:00 PM
Gr�ezi Michelle

Michelle schrieb am 10.11.2007

> I want to digitally sign my macro, so that all our offices can use it
> (without prompts). I know I can use SelfCert.exe, but I would like one which
> is recognised by windows as a trusted source (so all my users don't have to
> add my self cert on every machine). I have spoken to Verisign - they charge
> $499, I looked at GoDaddy, and they don't make them.
>
> Is there a more affordable source of one of these certificates?

If you *really* want a certificate, thats trusted 'by default' you will not
find anything else than the one you already have.

But if you are content with a 'real' certificate thats ex- and importable
to every PC and will be suitable in the future when, maybe, the users
profile who created the code wiill be deleted then you might hav a look at
'selfcert' on the following site:

http://www.abylonsoft.com/p_apm_self.htm

Mit freundlichen Gr�ssen
Thomas Ramel

--
- MVP f�r Microsoft-Excel -
[Win XP Pro SP-2 / xl2003 SP-2]

https://www.thawte.com/ssl-digital-certificates/code-signing/index.html?click=DoYouNeedTo-SecureCode

HTH,
JP

On Nov 10, 5:08 am, "Michelle" <mh_londonSPAMS...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to digitally sign my macro, so that all our offices can use it
> (without prompts). I know I can use SelfCert.exe, but I would like one which
> is recognised by windows as a trusted source (so all my users don't have to
> add my self cert on every machine). I have spoken to Verisign - they charge
> $499, I looked at GoDaddy, and they don't make them.
>
> Is there a more affordable source of one of these certificates?

jpena (25)

entering Digital Rights on Money Plus Deluxe
I bought the full version of Money Plus Deluxe $49.99 and it seemed to install ok. But I didn't get the or see the oppty to enter the digital rights code that Microsoft emailed me. So when I open the program I get a reminder that I'm on a trial version that will end soon and the only options are "remind me later" and "purchase" and when I select "purchase" a window takes me to the purchase website so I can buy it again (I guess). How / where is the screen to enter the digital rights? HELP! In microsoft.public.money, RobertsMom wrote: >I boug...

sign out
hi, i am a new user to outlook 2003, so when ever i open the computer and open the outlook an existing account will open. so what i am asking is that i want to sign out from that account then sign in with my account. i wish you solve my problem. The WalkingTall <The WalkingTall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i am a new user to outlook 2003, so when ever i open the computer and > open the outlook an existing account will open. Outlook doesn't come with any preinstalled accounts. > so what i am asking is that i want to sign out from that account then > sign in ...

how to insert a .rc file in project A to project B
Hi, Thank Pete and Vipin answering me a question about the resource-only DLL. I am posting a different question (but related) here. I have an application composed of 10+ dlls, each with its own .rc file. I want to create another resource-only DLL (called resdll), that includes the 10+ ..rc files. To add these .rc files into resdll, my question is whether I insert #include directives in resdll's .rc script, or use the menu option "Project/Add to project/Files". Is there any difference between these two options? Your advise is appreciated. (BTW, I'm still using ...

GP 10 Single Sign-on
I know this is a very basic question, but does anyone know a step by step process of how to setup Single sign-on through Windows AD in Dynamics GP 10.0??? You can't. GP uses SQL Server security. Even if the user's id and password for GP and Windows are the same, the user will have to log into GP. -- Charles Allen, MVP "The Question guy" wrote: > I know this is a very basic question, but does anyone know a step by step > process of how to setup Single sign-on through Windows AD in Dynamics GP > 10.0??? perhaps in Version 11 And make plans to visit Conver...

Discontinuation of VBA Licensing Program
Any thoughts on this? ****************** Removal of VBA from Autodesk products What’s happening? As in AutoCAD® 2010, AutoCAD 2011 will not ship with VBA (Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications) module “in the box” – and will require a separate download. In addition, AutoCAD 2011 will be the last release to include VBA support. That is, there will be no VBA support in AutoCAD 2012 – just over one year from now (which means the VBA module will no longer even be available as a separate download). This applies to all AutoCAD-based products including AutoCAD...

Project Accounting Collection Management Integration
For almost four years I have been asking to have the link between Collections Management and Project Accounting created. At one time I thought there was a problem report or suggestion out there but now I am told that the fix didn't make release 9.0 and that there isn't even a suggestion out there. The problem is that currently when you drill back on a biller document in Collections Management it takes you to the Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom window instead of the Billing Inquiry Zoom window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...

Modifying PageSetup Via VBA From Another App?
Right now, I'm in MS Access VBA and doing: ------------------------------------------------- 1070 With mySS.ActiveSheet.PageSetup 1071 .LeftHeader = "" 1072 .leftMargin = 0 1073 .RightMargin = 0 1074 .topMargin = 0 1075 .bottomMargin = 0 1079 .HeaderMargin = 0 1080 .FooterMargin = 0 1081 .Orientation = xlLandscape 1082 .FitToPagesWide = 1 1083 .FitToPagesTall = 1 1089 End With ------------------------------------------------- This works, but takes a long time - it's like Excel is re-drawing/reformat...

I need help with VBA and a CSV file output
I am using Excel 2003 in XP Pro. I am trying to export/saveas one tab from a workbook that contains one tab and one column of data into a CSV file. My data is in column A in multiple rows and looks like the following on each row: 0,123456,0,0,99,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,11/11/2009,0,0,0,0,0,0, I have everything working fine except for one large issue, excel adds " " to the begining and end of each cell of data and looks like the following: "0,123456,0,0,99,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,11/11/2009,0,0,0,0,0,0," These quotes are an issue for what this file will be us...

How to change file extension using VBA
Hi, I am trying to open a CSV file using VBA, and after reading a few other posts is appears that it is a common problem that dates are interpreted incorrectly when opening CSV files using VBA, and that a solution ot this problem is to convert the file to a TXT extension. How would I go about changing the file extension of a file from CSV to TXT using VBA from within Excel? I do not want the user to have to do this manually, I want to do this all using code within Excel. Thanks in anticipation A quick answer would be to use FileCopy SourceFileName, DestinationFileName However, you should...

VBA and form/query help sought
I have a form based on a query, with the text box txtEmailAddress displaying the field EmailAddress from the source query. This textbox (along with others) is then used to create an email in Outlook using: Private Sub cmdOpenOutlook_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim objOutlook As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objEmail .BodyFormat = olFormatRichText .To = Me.txtEmailAddress .CC = Me.txtCCEmailAddress .Subject = Met.txtEmailSubject .HTML = txt.MessageText ...

Options grayed out
I'm running Outlook 02 with Office 2000 on Windows 2000. I'm trying to create a custom form and I can program better with VB than I can with VBS. Anyway, my Tools > Macro > Macros, Security & Visual Basic Editor are all grayed out. Additionally my Add-in Manager and Com Add-in buttons are grayed out. I'm guessing this was initially locked down by administrators, but I'm guessing there is a registry entry somewhere that will open this up. Most policies end up just editing the registry anyway. I found out how to gray out the Tools > Macro option, but not anythi...

Project Billing Cutoff Date
In Project Accounting, you cannot enter a Billing Cutoff Date that is earlier than any existing previous billings. I'm not sure the purpose of this restriction however if you want to go back and apply existing T&M Billing records against a Retainer Fee that is billed in October but not received until December and in the mean time you have also billed the November and December Retainer Fees, your document date and cutoff cate has to be after the December Retainer Invoice date. This causes aggravation because you have to lookup the latest date of any existing billing transactio...

how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40)
how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40) Can you explain a little more what you are trying to do? -- Build a little, test a little. "sundy" wrote: > how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40) On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:39:01 -0800, sundy <sundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can 1 make a combination of 6 digits out of 40 numbers (1-40) A 'digit' is a single numeric character - 39 is two digits. Do you want six *digits* or a set of six numbers, as you would get with a Lotto game? If the...

Error: Access Denied you are currently signed in as
I have WSS 3.0 on Windows Server 2008 std. I made an account for a new user who has a new laptop running win7pro on the server. I then put the user name in Sharepoint and made him a contributer. When I go to login to share point I get this error: Error: Access Denied you are currently signed in as Any advice would help. If you are trying to use local accounts, you are going to have problems with SharePoint. For one thing, the user is passing their credentials from their local workstation, which will not be the same as the account on the SharePoint server. You need to setup ...

Create VBA Macros from VB Code
Hi! I'm generating Excel Files from a VB Application. Those Files are quite complex and content many Worksheets with Data, Charts, Pivottables, etc. Fortunately, the "Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library" which I'm using is really well done and quite complete for my needs. However, I didn't find the way to add VBA code to my Excel Files. Some events have to be handled in the final generated files, and therefore I need to associate texts (code) to worksheets and workbooks. I was looking for collections like 'macros', 'modules', code, ... but couldn'...

VBA message box to inform user that Excel is still calculating
Hi - I am new to VBA and am trying to figure out how to get a message box to pop-up whenever Excel calculates so the user waits and does not interrupt the calculation process. Specifically, it would remain on the screen until the calculation process stops. Thanks! Excel should not take but a second to calculate everything. I'm not sure why you want to do what you are wanting to do. Do you have a macro that is taking a long time to run? If so, here is a tip to speed up your macro. Sub YourMacro() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Ca...

Feedback (cash flow projection) in account register view
I recently upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2005 Deluxe. In the old version, I could see feedback on spending patterns and a cashflow projection in the account register view. In the new version, this (very helpful) feature seems to be gone. Is the feature gone, or is there a trick to turning it on? Help please! James No its gone. Although it was very useful, it really slowed things down due to recalculation every time a transaction was entered. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://...

Problem using "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" from VC++ project
When I try to access "MS Access" .mdb database using "native" Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider I'm experiencing a problem with deleting of multiple records from previously retrieved recordset Here is an example // first, I open database in very usual way using ATL-based classes (mostly generated by OLEDB consumer-template wizard in VS) CDataSource db CDBPropSet dbinit(DBPROPSET_DBINIT) ................................... dbinit.AddProperty(DBPROP_AUTH_PASSWORD, OLESTR("")) dbinit.AddProperty(DBPROP_AUTH_USERID, OLESTR("Admin")) ...

vba for hiding certain rows
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C356C2.668767E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All, I am looking for some simple vba to hide rows that fit a certain = criteria: I have a results worksheet (entirely formula driven from data in another = worksheet), a simplified version as follows, A B C D (This = column D is the sum of A,B &C) 1 Header Header Header Header 2 1 2 ...

Neew steps to change IP of Project Server 2003 & precautions requ
Hi, We are using MS EPM 2003 with SQL Server 2000 on Window 2003 server. The entire installation is on one single server (Project Server, SQL Server, Sharepoint Server). The requirement is that we want to change the IP address of the server. Also the SMPT server IP address will be changed. Can you provide steps and precautions to be taken for this activity? Regards, Ganesh Ganesh: Providing that you update your network as necessary the IP change shouldn't affect your SQL Server or Project Server unless there are hard references to the IP address in the setup inform...

Hiding Project Workspaces webpart for PWA group
I have one group in my PWA site (i.e. External Group). I dont want the users of this group to view "Project Center" link in PWA site and also "Project Workspaces" webpart which is there on the main page of the site. They should not be able to view the Project Workspaces which are there in PWA. Are there any permission changes which I can do? Plz help.. The Project Workspace Web Part is not very good for this. You could create you own web part, use a third party custom query web part, or use SQL reporting services to display a custom report with the links ...

Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code
Hello, I regularly export data from the Cognos 6 operating environment. The data is exported into nternet expolorer into the "Excel 2002 format". Once the data is importing into the Explorer, I copy and paste 7 sheets of data from Explorer into Excel one sheet at a time (if it helps there is an 8th sheet that exports each time that I don't use). Once the sheets are pasted into Excel, I have formulas (the formulas are not VBA, they are standard Excel formulas) that produce reports from the data. It's be nice if I could use the move or copy the sheets int...

MS Project with small tasks and a full year to complete
I'm trying to add a project that includes 12 tasks that are not recurring, or at lest don't recur regularly, but will continue for one year. These all involve only a couple of days per month, or 8-36 days per year, but I want the project to show we have a full year to complete them. These are all independent tasks. Thanks for any ideas! -- JimT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JimT's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225759.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1341576.htm http://fo...

Can VBA modify Task Schedular tasks in XP
Hi, I have a lot of schedualed tasks where I need to be able to quickly adjust the start time on a regular basis. I was wondering if there was a way VBA could modify the tasks in task schedular? I'd be looking to at least be able to adjust the start time but preferably also delete and add tasks. As an alternative, could I have excel run a file that's associated with an application? And if I could, how could I run it around the clock so it could do the same thing as XP Task Schedular? Thanks, MikeZz If you get the superb .dll file tskschd.dll, written by Edanm...

Manage Projects
-- i want to manage many projects in Dynamics gp 9.0 with one company ID. I mean i want to fit projects inside an ID. Thanks Can you provide more specifics? Don't quite understand your question. Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...