Determining number of dates held

Hi,

I am using Excel 2002.
In column A I have a list of dates I purchased an item.
In column B I have the date it was sold.

How can I automatically calculate, in C, the number of days held?

I case it matters, the date format is dd/mm/yyyy

thanks

Daniel

0
Daniel
9/20/2005 1:10:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sure, in C2, put something like:
=if(isblank(b2),"",b2-a2)
Copy it down.
Make sure C is formatted as numbers and not dates.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Excel 2002.
> In column A I have a list of dates I purchased an item.
> In column B I have the date it was sold.
>
> How can I automatically calculate, in C, the number of days held?
>
> I case it matters, the date format is dd/mm/yyyy
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel

0
ng1 (1444)
9/20/2005 1:39:22 AM
Works well, thanks for your help

regards

Daniel
"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> Sure, in C2, put something like:
> =if(isblank(b2),"",b2-a2)
> Copy it down.
> Make sure C is formatted as numbers and not dates.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Excel 2002.
>> In column A I have a list of dates I purchased an item.
>> In column B I have the date it was sold.
>>
>> How can I automatically calculate, in C, the number of days held?
>>
>> I case it matters, the date format is dd/mm/yyyy
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Daniel

0
Daniel
9/20/2005 3:33:54 AM
You're welcome!
************

> Works well, thanks for your help
>
> regards
>
> Daniel
> "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
>> Sure, in C2, put something like:
>> =if(isblank(b2),"",b2-a2)
>> Copy it down.
>> Make sure C is formatted as numbers and not dates.
>> ************
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>>
>> "Daniel" <none@none> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Excel 2002.
>>> In column A I have a list of dates I purchased an item.
>>> In column B I have the date it was sold.
>>>
>>> How can I automatically calculate, in C, the number of days held?
>>>
>>> I case it matters, the date format is dd/mm/yyyy
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Daniel

0
ng1 (1444)

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Determining length of trend before significant retrace
In range of data I need to find jthe largest numerical movement in one direction without (x) retrace. (x in this case being a specified whole number) Please help with a formula or direct me to where I could find this information. Using Excel 2007 For example: in range of numerical data, the largest directional integer movement was 300 before the data moved 25 in reverse. Example 2: The largest directional integer movement was 224 before the data moved 30 in reverse. Assuming you have a column of numerical integer data in column B, In C2, enter =ABS(B2-B1) to calculate the magnitude ...

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

date/time formatting

matching columns of numbers

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Determine number of rows with data

Converting number to text

Sequentially number lines automatically

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Receivings Number
Hi, When I am doing my purchase receiving at the Receivings Entry, I sometimes encounter some problem which the Receivings Number. For example, suppose the new receivings number should be REC/03/000004, but this number REC/03/000005 is given to me instead. What could be the possible cause of the missing receivings number:REC/03/000004. (this no. is not used by anyone). Please advise or tell me how can I avoid. Thanks in advance. I believe it's when someone started to do a receivings but then deleted it. It already increments to the next number. You can prevent deleting of documen...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...