Delete row with empty cell in Column A?

I have  a .CSV file exported from our parts control application that needs a
bit of tweeking to make it presentable.

I would like to delete any row that has an empty cell in Column A.   How can
I do this?  Does it require a macro?

STeveK

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Doesn't require a macro. Select column A. Choose Edit/Go To.../Special.
Select Blanks. Choose Edit/Delete... and choose Entire Row from the
dialog that opens.

In article <epn13akPGHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
 "SteveK" <sk-reeemovethis@dolby-reeemovethis.com> wrote:

> I have  a .CSV file exported from our parts control application that needs a
> bit of tweeking to make it presentable.
>
> I would like to delete any row that has an empty cell in Column A.   How can
> I do this?  Does it require a macro?
>
> STeveK
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/2/2006 10:19:26 PM
Steve

If the cells in column A are truly empty, no macro is needed.

Select column A and F5>Special>Blanks>OK.

Edit>Delete>Entire Row.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:14:45 -0800, "SteveK"
<sk-reeemovethis@dolby-reeemovethis.com> wrote:

>I have  a .CSV file exported from our parts control application that needs a
>bit of tweeking to make it presentable.
>
>I would like to delete any row that has an empty cell in Column A.   How can
>I do this?  Does it require a macro?
>
>STeveK

0
Gord
3/2/2006 10:25:54 PM
Thank you.

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Doesn't require a macro. Select column A. Choose Edit/Go To.../Special.
> Select Blanks. Choose Edit/Delete... and choose Entire Row from the
> dialog that opens.
>
> In article <epn13akPGHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
>  "SteveK" <sk-reeemovethis@dolby-reeemovethis.com> wrote:
>
> > I have  a .CSV file exported from our parts control application that
needs a
> > bit of tweeking to make it presentable.
> >
> > I would like to delete any row that has an empty cell in Column A.   How
can
> > I do this?  Does it require a macro?
> >
> > STeveK

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

Lowest entry in a column
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to automatically use the last/lowest entry in a column? I don't want to sort the cells, or choose the Maximum or Minimum - I just need to use the bottom entry in a column automatically in a formula I'll create somewhere else on the spreadsheet. It thought it would be in the functions list somewhere, but it has eluded me! Thanks, Astley Suppose A is the column in question, use the following formula to refer to the last cell: =INDIRECT("A"&COUNT(A:A)) Mangesh "Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message ne...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

Why GPF when deleting dynamically allocating memory usng realloc?
Hi, I wish to reallocate more memory at run time in a dialog based application. I know I can use the CString class which does things automatically, but I wish to know how to do it the hard way. Here is the code: #define MAX_BUFFER_SIZE 10 .... void CReallocDlg::OnCMDRealloc() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here LPTSTR sBuffer = new TCHAR[MAX_BUFFER_SIZE]; INT nNewSize; _tcscpy(sBuffer,_T("A Test")); nNewSize=200; realloc(sBuffer,nNewSize*sizeof(TCHAR)); AfxMessageBox(sBuffer); _tcscpy(sBuffer,_T("This is a very long string")); AfxM...

stacked column with total
I created a stacked column chart with 2 series. I'd like to show the total value on top each bar. Right now, show value displays each value of independently. For example, I have a bar showing 3 and 2 stacked but I would like to show 5 (3+2) on the top bar. I've seen on someone graph before. I can't recreate it. Pls help. Thanks Mat Mat Check here http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "matelot" <matelot@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

think cell program
is anyone familiar with a program called think cell? Any thoughts? (powerpoint v 2003). Is this an add-in? thanks Sara It's very good. You can "try for free" from their website: http://www.think-cell.com/ Recent interview with one of the founders on Indezine: http://blog.indezine.com/2009/12/think-cell-conversation-with-markus.html -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/3...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Excel 'hangs' when deleting a row
when i delete a row in excel 2000, everything locks up! and when lookup at Task Manager/Processes, it's MEM USAGE goes up to 22K o more! i tried doing it in another file but i experienced no error. the dat is in LAN. all data are filtered when the deletion began. however i ca delete files before. please help, anyone.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The best thing is to free up memory (assuming your file is large). Clos all applications you do not require at the time and any workbooks no in use. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Combo Columns
I've created a combo box on a form in Access using 2 columns. The first column is hidden so the second column is the only one displayed in the combo box. When I then use that combo as the source in a separate text box the answered returned is the first column. Any idea how I get the second column information instead? -- Cheers. Paul ...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

How to sort with merged rows
This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. The first problem is that when I try to sort, excel keeps saying "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" Even if I do get by that problem, how can I keep the notes and the contact/data info above it together when I use a sort. Chris wrote: > This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I > would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. >...

Filtering a column to exclude any repeated entries.
Hi, I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this column (that is to exclude repeated entries)? Any help apprieciated, Thank you. If you go to Data/Filters/Advanced Filters there is a box at the bottom left that you can tick to return unique entries only. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there >a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this >column (that is to exclude repeated...

Merging of rows.
I have a excel sheet in which there is data in only one column. The data is spread in 2 or 3 rows and after that there is blank row. The data spread in these row is related to one row. I want to bring this spread data in one row. Blank row can be as it is between ro useful data rows. Maybe a macro would do it: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim CurWks As Worksheet Dim NewWks As Worksheet Dim DestCell As Range Dim BigArea As Range Dim SmallArea As Range Set CurWks = Worksheets("Sheet1") Set NewWks = Worksheets.Add Set DestCell ...

highlighting rows in excel
I've got the following type of data: id name address postcode 1 davie london lon34 1 davo glasgow ga23 3 tester manchester ma45 3 tas sfdfs sdfs 4 adssf 4asfd sf 4 dfsdf sdfsdf sdfh44 How can I highlight the rows with 1, 1, 3, 3, and 4,4 with alternating background colours? for example the first match would be blue(1,1) the second match would be yellow(2,2) the third match would switch back to blue (3...

Cell background shading in Excel
Why is it that the background shading colors available under the Paintbucket Icon chjange from file to file? Also, how can I add some of the colors to the paintbucket that are availabe under the format/cells/pattern pulldown? Colors are a Workbook-level property, so you can change the color palette for any workbook. Choose Tools/Options/Colors... and modify the colors to your hearts' content. You can also import another workbook's color palette from that dialog. Note however, that there are only 56 bins in the color palette, so you can only use 56 colors at a time. The paint b...