delete empy rows

Hi,
I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C
How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C

i.e.   row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn
C. I want to delete this row

        row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C.
I want to keep this row.

can this be done
Khalil

0
seminary (50)
4/9/2005 12:11:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this on a *spare* copy ..

Select col C
Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK
Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK
--
Rgds
Max
"Khalil Handal" <seminary@lpj.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C
> How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C
>
> i.e.   row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn
> C. I want to delete this row
>
>         row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn
C.
> I want to keep this row.
>
> can this be done
> Khalil

0
demechanik (4694)
4/9/2005 11:28:05 AM
"Khalil Handal" wrote
> I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C
> How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C
>
> i.e.   row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn
> C. I want to delete this row
>
>         row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn
C.
> I want to keep this row.

Insert a new column.
Use auto fill to number them from 1 to 3000.
Sort on the column that used to be C
Rows with nothing in your old C column will be grouped together. Delete
them.
Re sort on your added column.

Jordon

0
jordon1 (16)
4/11/2005 6:55:46 PM
Just do one thing

1.  insert a row
2. give it heading as per the values in the columns,
3. Apply filter with BLANKS in column C
4. Select the rows with Shift+Space & downarrow while holding the shift.
5. Right click & delete.

That's it

"Jordon" <jordon@REMOVEgrahamtrucking.com> wrote in message

> "Khalil Handal" wrote
> > I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C
> > How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C
> >
> > i.e.   row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in
colomn
> > C. I want to delete this row
> >
> >         row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn
> C.
> > I want to keep this row.
>
> Insert a new column.
> Use auto fill to number them from 1 to 3000.
> Sort on the column that used to be C
> Rows with nothing in your old C column will be grouped together. Delete
> them.
> Re sort on your added column.
>
> Jordon

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Single corrupted mail item, how to delete it?
Hi, Running EX2k3 on a 2k server. Everytime I do my backup I am getting an "The item \\servername\microsoft exchange mailbox\username top of information store inbox (a whole bunch of asian characters then normal email heading ) is corrupt, file skipped" I 've gone to the users inbox and there is not an email with a whole bunch of asian characters nor with the english after the asian characters. Is there a way to scan a single users mailbox for corrupted items and fix it? Maybe export to a PST and do something like that? Thanks R not possible to scan for one mailbox co...

Macro do delete values in cells
If I tipe a value (text) in N I want the values in the same row in O P & A to be deleted. Please help ...

can I disable the delete command for a file
Can I disable the delete command for a file? There's no functionality in Excel that could stop someone opening Windows explorer and deleting a file if that's what you mean -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Dr. Darrell" wrote: > Can I disable the delete command for a file? > > See "permissions" in Windows help. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:45:01 -0800, Dr. Darrell <Dr...

Unhiding rows
In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT protected. I tried various things including Edit/Go to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works. Any clues? .......Baffled in Ontario row height? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b4001c35c24$077545d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the > worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT > protected. I t...

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...

Calendar showing deleted birthdays
Many months ago I changed the first names of two of my contacts...like Jack to John. Recently noticed that clendar is showing birthdays for both Jack and John even though Jack no longer exisits. Have tried several things. Deleted John and waited several days. John's birthday disappeared but not Jack's. Tried adding Jack back then his birthday shows twice...Once for the real Jack and one for the one that was changed to John months ago then deleted. It seems the calendar is reaching back to a very old sync and refusing to delete the info. Any ideas? Did you try del...

65536 Rows for how long????
Hi there! I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? They most deffinitely should! Best regards, Albert "Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? > They most deffinitely should! Why "certainly"? -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com Well, not "certainly", but its certainly my opinion. I think 65536 is not enough. I believe that, among other things, Excel was made for managing large amounts of information efficiently. I think that in this d...

File Delete!
Foolish Foolish Me. I was doing some house cleaning with my computer files recently and while I was dumping some spyware I had acumulated over the past 5 years, I accidently deleted the MAPI Spooler for Outlook, could anybody possibly help me? Microsoft isn't much help when you need to get a hold of them, and since all the upgrades I've done to my computer have nullified my warantee I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place. I can't access my e-mail without going to through my ISP's website. thanks again for any help!! -Brian do a detect and r...

Rows to Columns
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, etc. How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without reentering all the data? Thank you --Select B2:D2. Copy the range --Select A1. Right click>PasteSpecial>Transpose>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Walter Seaton" wrote: > I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, > etc. > How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without > reentering all the data? >...

How can I color every other row
Help please. I want to make it easier to use a large spreadsheet where two rows are used for each record. Filling in the background color of every second row prevents mistakes when entering data. I want to color only the used range, not the entire row. I recorded a macro and got the following: TheRange.Activate With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 36 .Pattern = xlSolid End With I really appreciate the help. On way: Dim iCtr As Long With ActiveSheet.UsedRange For iCtr = .Row To .Rows(.Rows.Count)....

Delete Business Unit
I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a Business Unit in CRM. This may be a strict administrative procedure, but there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes out associated records. Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems Administrator to perform this action would be useful. Why keep a database cluttered with invalid data? Better to allow some clean up method. Think of the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the name. Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it. ------...

Filtering rows with tracked changes
Hi I am trying to work out how to filter the rows that have been updated over a period of a couple of days. I understand that you can highlight records with tracked changes in a certain time period � but I would like to be able to just have those rows that have highlighted cells to look at. Any ideas out there? You can list changes on a new sheet but it doesn't allow you to see the whole row. Cheers, Mike P.s � is it possible to highlight changes between dates � I can only see highlighting changes since � ...

Photos not moving with rows when sorted!
Excel 2000. A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is a field. One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it. I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their rows. Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of the row...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

delete database
How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the exact same name??? Arve Arve, SO Administrator | File | Connect | enter your password | Database | Delete Be REAL sure you really want to do this as it can't be undone. Do a backup just in case!! -- = "Arve" <arve@nordichouse.com> wrote in message news:AB995B20-385E-46C4-9711-E88F511E0CD4@microsoft.com... > How do I delete an entire database so I can create a new one with the > exact > same name??? > > Arve ...

Outlook 2000 read messages self deleting
Outlook has been working perfectly until today. My messages as they are read, are deleted from the system. A search does not find them. Is there a setting I have tiddled with that I shouldn't have? The messages do not appear to go into the deleted file. Once read, they were sitting in my inbox until I filed them in their appropriate folder. I can't find anything in help for this so I hope there is someone out there who can help me. Thank you. Charly. Check if you have a view set on your in-box, such as unread messages. If yes, change it back to Messages. --� Milly Sta...

problem deleting items from outlook 2003 search folders
Every time I try and delete an item out of my "unread mail" search folder, I get the following error message: "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I can delete email messages from standard outlook folders, but not search folders. I am NOT connected to an exchange server. I only download email from several pop3 email accounts. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook would be giving me this error message? Thanks. ...

Deleting blank records when aform is closed or a button is click.
We are have a somewhat of an annoying problem with one of our database forms. Everytime we open the form it creates a new record, even if you close the form or cancelled it. We are trying to figure out a way to not create a blank record in our database everytime the form is opened. I tried: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal but the blank record is still showing up. So, is there a way to tell access not to create a record if the form is close or the cancel button is clicked. Thanks "Ayo&qu...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

How to delete most recently used file list
Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently used file list in Money 2003? The file is already physically deleted so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- down list. Thanks!! On Feb 6, 3:50=A0pm, bajpd <ba...@peak.org> wrote: > Can someone please tell me how to delete a file from the most recently > used file list in Money 2003? =A0The file is already physically deleted > so I don't want it in the listing. I am talking about the "File" pull- > down list. Thanks!! Nevermind, i figu...

delete a too-large message
when I click on the message and press delete, I receive an error msg "Can't open this message. Outlook has begun transmitting" this message has a VERY large attachment (pictures) Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, new pmv asked: | when I click on the message and press delete, I receive an error msg | "Can&#...

Vista Mail frequently blocks when deleting mail items
When deleting mail items from my various folders Mail frequently blocks. Closing and restarting mail sometimes works, but often I need to close the Winmail process (process manager) and then restart. Is there a solution to this? -- JeanDanc Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates. If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in=20 the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP pro...