Define whether to use list 1 or 2

I do have three Insert > Name > Define > lists created on one
worksheet.

How to have either one of the 1st two list activated on a cell when the
neighboring cell a value is choosen from the 3rd list list?

So:

List A

List B

List C
Yes
No

If Yes > List A
If No > List B

Bart
Excel 2003

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is this used with Data|Validation?

If yes, Debra Dalgleish shows how to create dependent lists:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

Just use DV with an allow type of List and a formula of

=IF(C1="Yes",ListA,ListB)

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I do have three Insert > Name > Define > lists created on one
> worksheet.
>
> How to have either one of the 1st two list activated on a cell when the
> neighboring cell a value is choosen from the 3rd list list?
>
> So:
>
> List A
> 1
> 2
> 3
>
> List B
>
> List C
> Yes
> No
>
> If Yes > List A
> If No > List B
>
> Bart
> Excel 2003

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Meeting updates #2

printing 2 charts on single page

Letter Writing assitant to be used with Prospects
Would like to see Letter Writing Assitant to be extended to be used with Prospects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73b8a531-e5c3-4d8b-91ae-5b1758b9f1a5&...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Offline folder problems #2

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Receiving Transaction Entry #2