Default values

Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot
for Word ??   I want to set my Excel to factory defaults.

--

Jerry Fortenberry

0
jerryf (10)
12/30/2003 6:54:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jerry

*.XLB is basically the equivalent.  It holds your Menus & Toolbars
customizations.  I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb

Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would have
to be changed in Tools>Options.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry"
<jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote:

>Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot
>for Word ??   I want to set my Excel to factory defaults.

0
Gord
12/30/2003 7:26:19 PM
For XL2K it's just "Excel.xlb" Gord.

<Gord Dibben> wrote in message
> Jerry
>
> *.XLB is basically the equivalent.  It holds your Menus & Toolbars
> customizations.  I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb
>
> Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would
have
> to be changed in Tools>Options.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry"
> <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as
normal.dot
> >for Word ??   I want to set my Excel to factory defaults.

0
zoomer (5)
1/1/2004 7:37:20 AM
Thanks for the info.

I leaped from 97 to 2002 so lost track of Excel's naming convention.

Excel.xlb in 95, IIRC
Username8.xlb in 97
Excel.xlb in 2000
Excel10.xlb in 2002

Changed again for 2003?

Gord

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 09:37:20 +0200, "___Zoom" <zoomer@NOSPAMhotpop.com> wrote:

>For XL2K it's just "Excel.xlb" Gord.
>
><Gord Dibben> wrote in message
>> Jerry
>>
>> *.XLB is basically the equivalent.  It holds your Menus & Toolbars
>> customizations.  I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb
>>
>> Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would
>have
>> to be changed in Tools>Options.
>>
>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry"
>> <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as
>normal.dot
>> >for Word ??   I want to set my Excel to factory defaults.

0
Gord

Only chart numerical values, not error values
In my data series I am using NA() in a formula so that #N/A shows up in the cell. From the website listed below I thought that this would not chart the error values but my charts are still conecting all my marks. Can Excel only show my MIN/MAX marks? =IF($B2=MAX($B2:$B$1562),$B2,NA()) http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html Thanks! Hi, If you have #N/A in the cell then the point will not be plotted. But if there is a valid data point(s) after it then the line will be plotted to join those points interpolating the gap in between. It will not leave put a break in the line....

Vary Color based on value
Is there a way in a bar chart to have a bar be a specific color if less than, lets say "5" ? Instead of manually changing each bar that is less than a specific number. Hi, Create two additonal columns of formulas, suppose your original data is in B2:B12, then in C2 enter the formula =IF(B2<=5,B2,0) in cell D2 enter the formula =IF(B2>5,B2,0) Copy these formulas down. Plot these ranges instead of your original range. Format one series one color the other another. If this helps, please click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: >...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

SQL Server Ranking: Count Consecutive Values / Reset
Dear All, I have the following set of query results, the last column being derived using ROW_NUMBER and partitioned by TradDate, Account, PLInd using an OrderBy subclause in the OVER determined on EntryTime. The values for TradeNum are roughly correct except that I would want to calculate consecutive Winners and Losers only i.e. in my example the second subset of "Winners" would start counting at 1, 2 rather than continue the previous subset value at 5,6 etc. Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong please? Ultimately I will be "max'ing" the TradeNum to g...

How to stop Pie Chart from using N/A# for values
Hello, I have 2 columns: Column 1 is customer name. Column 2 is sales for the period. If a customer had no sales for the period the sales column will either be N/A# or zero. When I plot in a pie chart, I only want to show customers who had sales for that period. Is there a way to only plot those customers with sales without having to change the range and sort every period? Customer Sales Cust1 $100 Cust2 0 Cust3 $50 Cust4 N/A The pie chart data labels show the customer regardless of sales and if I blank out the customer, the value data label s...

Referring to a Text Box not the value of the Text Box in code
We’d like to store the reference (for lack of a better word) of a control in a variable for future use. For example: Me.Suffix1 is a text box on a form so things like Me.Suffix1.SetFocus will set the focus to the text box. When we loose focus on this text box we’d like to do some like: ctrLastFocus = Me.Suffix1 where in a module we have Public ctrLastFocus as Control Then elsewhere we could write something like: ctrLastFocus.SetFocus Of course this doesn’t work as Me.Suffix1 isn’t the control, but the value of it. How do you do this? Thanks Sue If what you want to know is wha...

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

Combo box returning wrong value
I am having trouble with a combo box, which is filled by a query to that displays two fields (Fund # and Fund description). The fields are unbound and I am using VBA to store the unbound fields in a table. I am using an option box to determine which sequence to use to present the data (I use two different queries and store one of them in the row source of the combo box, depending on the option box value). This all works fine. The problem comes when an item is selected. I would like to store the values both the Fund # and the Fund value in my table with VBA. My VBA code in the co...

Passing Values between forms
I am trying to link to forms. I have a button on the main form (frmCompanies) that needs to open another form when a button is clicked. The new form that opens is frmScheduledActivities. When it open it needs to check to see if there is an existing record (scheduled activity) for the company and if there is no scheduled activity be set to add a new record. When the button is clicked on the main company form (on the on click event) this code runs: Private Sub cmdCallBack_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdCallBack_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar defaults
Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when entering a new "all day" event? "ElaineT" <ElaineT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D89EBD08-50D8-4DDC-A753-80FBA110C902@microsoft.com... > Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when > entering a new "all day" event? You can't have different settings for all-day events vs. timed events for whether or not you get a default reminder. You can turn off default reminder for all events on Tools>Option...

Null value
I want to check if there is no value return...how should I write this line of code? strPartNumber = Nz(DLookup("PartNumber", "Kanban", "PartNumber='" & Me. txtPartNumber & "'")) Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yup..thanks for your help... Ofer Cohen wrote: >Try > >strPartNumber = Nz(DLookup("PartNumber", "Kanban", "PartNumber='" & Me. >txtPartNumber & "'"),0) ' Replacing Null with 0 >' Check for zero which mean no record was ...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

Look up values and place in spreadsheet
I have an excel workbook with two sheets. On Sheet2, in column A is employee name. In column B is comments about that employee. The employee's name could be repeated several times throughout the workbook. Sheet2 has 1000 rows with multiple employees on it. On Sheet1 I want to put all the comments that match Employee1 (which is in cell A1 on Sheet1). There will probably be 20 matches, so I want the comments to be in rows 2-21. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Try this *array* formula in A2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$30,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30=$A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$30))...

dates as minimum axis values
Excel versions prior to Excel 2007 allowed dates to be entered as minimum axis values for XY charts on the axis format scale menu. In Excel 2007 when I attempt to enter a date as a minimum value, i.e. attempting to enter 1-1-2007 with the Fixed radio button selected in Axis Options, the automatic value pops back up unchanged. I can successfuly enter a numeric value, but not a date. This requirement adds several extra steps - calculating a date value and typing the resulting number, then deleting the calculation - to what used to be a simple process. If anyone knows that the same cap...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Updating External Link Values.
Hi All, Im sure there is an easy solution to this but im banging my head against a brick wall here! I have a cell which changes each week to reflect the week number "Week 26" etc. I have an external link to another workbook in the format: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 25 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5) Basically I just want to be able to get that "Week 25" to change. To check the value in F1 (which has the Formula which creates "Week 26") to: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 26 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5). Sounds easy huh! Im stuck! Help! :eek...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Append values and remove text
Hi, I have a number of columns - some have values and some don't. I wish to append only the columns with values and have comma separators. Is there an easy way to do this? Currently, I do this in 4 steps but I'm hoping there is an easier way. 1) Column EQ has a formula to append values in columns R thru Z 2) Column ER looks at EQ and substitutes " ," with blanks. Unfortunately ER always ends with ", " PLUS if only one column has any values, then ER also starts with " ," So to fix this, I do 2 more steps: 3) Column ES looks at ER t...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...