Default date format

Is there a way to change the default date format in excel 2002 to onl
use 2 digit years.  I've looked through the options and don't se
anything.

Example:

default:  mm/dd/yyyy
desired:  mm/dd/yy

Thanks in advanc

--
gschime
gschimek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=39

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Go to <format><custom> and enter  in the "type" box what you require
Regards
Bill K

"gschimek" <gschimek.1efx0m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to change the default date format in excel 2002 to only
> use 2 digit years.  I've looked through the options and don't see
> anything.
>
> Example:
>
> default:  mm/dd/yyyy
> desired:  mm/dd/yy
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> --
> gschimek
> gschimek's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=391
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=270966

Change the Windows Regional and Language settings for "short date"

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Regional
Options>Customize>Date.

NOTE:  this is a global change and will affect all programs running under
Windows.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:36:40 -0500, gschimek
<gschimek.1efx0m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to change the default date format in excel 2002 to only
>use 2 digit years.  I've looked through the options and don't see
>anything.
>
>Example:
>
>default:  mm/dd/yyyy
>desired:  mm/dd/yy
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Gord

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Default font for pasted text in text boxes
I am having a problem with text boxes in Excel 2007. When I copy text (in Arial font) and paste it in the same text box, it appears as Calibri. I would like it to appear as Arial, just as it was when I copied it. I followed the directions for setting default font in new workbooks to Arial, and I have this problem even in text boxes within new workbooks. I do not have the problem outside of text boxes within new workbooks. I also followed the directions for setting default text box style, and new text boxes have Arial as their default font, as they should. However, when I ...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Report Format

formatting problem #5
How can I get Excel to change to colour of an entire row when I enter data in a specific cell? ie If I have data in the cell range A1...G1 and then I enter data in H1 I want Excel to change the colour of the entire row to indicate that the task is complete for that row, but still leave the data readable Thanks in advance -- srv5uk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ srv5uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25006 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385314 Hi It sounds lik...

how to format a column to corespond with another
I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i do it? Put this in E1: =3DIF(B1=3D0,"N/A","") and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:09=A0pm, JeremyC. <Jere...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i = do it? =REPT("N/A",B1=0) "JeremyC." wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" rea...

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

date/time formatting

Too many different cell formats #6

format cell #4

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

1 Chart

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...