Day of week time control

Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday,
a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and
over.

I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes
me.
The use is for a simple area based light control in my house.

0
vernon
6/13/2007 2:46:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Vernon

Maybe
=IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch
on","Switch off")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"vernon" <there@there> wrote in message
> Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on
> Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and
> continue over and over.
>
> I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula
> escapes me.
> The use is for a simple area based light control in my house.

0
roger5293 (1125)

Suming Up Time over the course of days
I have a sheet the contains event durations on specific days. Some days have more than one event. I would like to add up all the event times for each day on a second sheet and (line) chart the results there. The list get longer with each event. Tuesday Nov.2 2010 10:16 am 00:37:22 Tuesday Nov.2 2010 08:28 am 00:15:48 Monday Nov.1 2010 08:30 am 01:03:07 Sunday Oct.31 2010 06:36 pm 00:09:20 Sunday Oct.31 2010 06:17 pm 00:03:26 Sunday Oct.31 2010 05:27 pm 00:07:42 Sunday Oct.31 2010 11:15 am 00:27:19 Sunday Oct.31 2010 08:56 am 00:45:26 Saturday Oct.30 2010 12:44 pm ...

Date and Time
Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without entering it, like in word? Nick If you want the current date and time, updated whenever a calculation occurs, use =NOW(). If you want to enter the current date, without updating, press CTRL+; -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjpgijrjvs5c5@corp.supernews.com... > Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without > entering it, like in word? > > Nick > >...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Problem using Microsoft Web Browser control
I am trying to access the Custom properties of a Web Browser ActiveX control on a form and I keep getting a message telling me that "The Operation on the Microsoft Web Browser object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." I searched TechNet and MSDN and could not resolve this. I reinstalled Access 2003 (I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my workstation, XP Pro) and still no resolution. Has anyone else seen this and if so, can you tell me how to resolve this? Jim Does anyone know the name of the file the message...

Weeks in a Calendar
I have a spreadsheet where I want to break up the weeks of the month by each month. The work week begins Sat @12:01AM and ends Friday at midnight. For instance JAN 05 would look like: Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 WK4 Wk5 Wk6 1-7 8-14 15-21 22-28 29-31 July 05 would be: Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 WK4 Wk5 Wk6 1 2-8 9-15 16-22 23-29 30-31 and so on. TIA Greg I have a solution, but it is seems somewhat complicated to explain via the NG but I'll give it a shot. First, maximize this window. Second, if you copy and paste, make sure that when you paste, there are no ha...

Removing RAID controller at XP boot up
I installed a pci card with two ATA 133 HD drive ports it came with drivers, I think I installed the wrong driver (RAID instead of straight). Cant get rid of the Marvel Raid control because it comes up before boot and has presumably tucked itself in the bios somewhere. Is there a solution? Perhaps reflashing the bios? Charlie+ "Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message news:k47mq55qel8a848nl8u1l7rp31uvvdhg4m@4ax.com... > I installed a pci card with two ATA 133 HD drive ports it came with > drivers, > I think I installed the wrong driver (RAID inste...

Outlook Multiple Profiles at the Same Time
I have two separate icons set up on my desktop to call Outlook using /profiles switch for profiles A & B. I can double click one for A, and it opens my POP3 account for profile A. Then I close it and double click one for B, then it opens my Exchange Server account for profile B. The problem is if I don't close the one for profile A and try to open the one for B, then even if the switch is set to open profile B, it just opens profile A again. Can someone tell me how I can have two separate Outlook for two separate profiles open at the same time? Adding POP3 to my Exchange S...

How do I look at two worksheets in one Excel workbook at same time
I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to have two worksheets displayed at the same time from the same workbook. Is there a way to do that? Window - New Window this will create a second view of active workbook. Then you can do Window - Arrange, active workbook only. -- Best Regards, Luke M "PeoriaJean" <PeoriaJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503A1BB9-2130-4346-A0AF-A461388397B2@microsoft.com... >I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to > have two worksheets di...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Time wrong
The clock on my PC is correct however when I send to someone it shows a time 3 hours in advance. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct? ...

Days and Nights
I have a small nursing agency database with two main tables: NURSE and HOSPITAL. In between is a junction table WORKSHIFT. A nurse can work a shift at any one of a number of hospitals. My difficulty is in calculating the pay. A workshift could begin on a Friday afternoon and not finish till Sunday. Thus the shift would include some hours worked at WeekdayDayRate, some at WeekdayNightRate, SatDayRate, SatNightRate, SunNightRate, SunDayRate. (I am assuming that all shifts start and finish "on the hour"). Add to that, I need to be able to declare some days as be...

Trouble with time formats
Any help appreciated! I need to work out the average speed it would take to cover a certain distance. EG. If you covered 10 miles in 28 minutes what would teh average speed be... Column A: 10 miles Column B: 28 minutes Column C: Would return 21.43mph. I then want to to add time increments of say 15 seconds in rows so that I can see that if it took 28 minutes, 45 seconds, the average speed column would return 20.87mph. I can work it out by entering 28.75 for the time (or 70.50 for 1h,10m,30s), but I want to format it as time, i.e: 00:28:45 (or 01:10:30) Is this possible? Thanks...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Spinner Control and Protected Worksheet
I have inserted a SPINNER control in my worksheet > thereafter, I have REMOVED its "Locked" checkmark (format control > protection). Then, I protected the worksheet. When I try to use the spinner after protecting the workseet, the system says: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only"!!! VERY VERY FRUSTRATING. Any suggestions ???? (worksheet enclosed - protected without a password for testing). Attachment filename: test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid...

Run-time 3201 error
Upon coverting two versions of the same database (97 and 2000) over to 2002, we get a mysterious error message "Run-time error ' 3201': No current record." when trying to open certain forms from the Switchboard. The same forms work and open fine in either 97 or 2000 versions. Can someone shed a light on the problem? You may need to set references in the 2002 database. Open your database into the code editor window. Under Debug Compile your database. If you have any missing references your code will break and you will get an error message. Depending on the error returned wil...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...

Overlapping time intervals
Hi All I have three jobs that a piece of equipment can perform: one to put away, and two to pull out. Each job has one start time and one end time and the three jobs may overlap either or both of the other two. What I would like to determine are discrete answers for: How many hours is only one job active; How many hours are two jobs active; How many hours are three jobs active? The first answer is the total hours minus the sum of the other two calculations and I can get the hours for two jobs with: =IF(OR(Finish1<Start2,Start1>Finish2),0,MIN(Finish1,Finish2)-MAX (Start1,Start2)) (...

Time Fromulas
I have a sheet in which one column is for "Actual Time", i have to allo the time band wise (which is one hour) %age to Actual time column. How can i allot it with formula or macro? Data Sample is: Time Band %age 89% 100% 100% 100% NA NA NA 100% 100% -72% 100% 12% 100% -66% 100% 33% 100% 100% 81% 57% 50% 100% 48% 94% Time Band for 24 Hrs 0:59:00 1:59:00 2:59:00 3:59:00 4:59:00 5:59:00 6:59:00 7:59:00 8:59:00 9:59:00 10:59:00 11:59:00 12:59:00 13:59:00 14:59:00 15:59:00 16:59:00 17:59:00 18:59:00 19:59:00 20:59:00 21:59:00 22:59:00 23:59:00 Actual Time ...

Time Stamp in office
Hi All; Does anyone know of a way (keystroke, etc...) to put a time stamp into a Entourage document? On 5/11/04 6:00 PM, in article BCC6EF5F.291%thomasjones@adelphia.net, "Thomas Jones" <thomasjones@adelphia.net> wrote: > > Does anyone know of a way (keystroke, etc...) to put a time stamp into a > Entourage document? Get "Date Stamp X" script at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> It gives you about 20 different date-time formats to choose from. By default you do it with cmd-ctrl-D but you can change the key combo if yo...

Entourage 2008 lost 11 days of information
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My setup has the folder &quot;Office 2008 Identities&quot; on an external HD and an alias pointing to that location (without the &quot;alias&quot; extension) in &quot;Microsoft User Data&quot;. This allows me to use the same Entourage data on two different Mac's at two locations. I also automatically clone the real Identities folder 5 times a day to a different external HD using SuperDuper. The SuperDuper schedule shows the actions were all successful when they were s...

Time formatting & calculating
Below is the chain of questions that I still need answers for. I am new at the time formatting, ascending or descending times, converting time and how to identify shift start and end so excel can read it. As you will read I NEED HELP. Our employees that are called for emergency work on designated holidays earn two types of reimbursable time. If they work during what would have been their normal shift they receive "H" leave for those hours. If they work outside (whether called in prior or extend beyond or totally outside)what would have been their normal shift, they earn &...

Entering Times #2
I have a spread sheet where there are a lot of times that are entered. Is there a way to format the cells so that when you type in the time you do not have to use the shift key and the colon. I would like to be able to just type in 1320 and the colon be inserted automatically. Thanks. You need code to translate it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo ws_exit If Target.Column = 8 Then With Target .Value = TimeSerial(.Value \ 100, _ .Value - (.Value \ 100) * 100,...