Dates and columns

This is the layout:

12/03-------------Months in between-------------------->11/04

Now once the month of December is over and January comes in my row no
reads:
01/04-------------Months in between--------------------->12/04

As a month comes to an end it drops and the current new month shift
over and it adds a following month at the end. So it will always hav
an updated 12 month look. Now under every month there is dat
associated with it. What I want to do is capture the current month an
the data associated with it and save it on another worksheet. And a
the new months come in I want to do the same for them. Please pleas
help on this concern. Thank you

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can't you just select that column, cut it, paste it to the other worksheet, then

If you needed a macro, you could record one when you do it once manually.

Since everything is shifting over to the left, it should work with little
modification (but post back if you need help).

But I don't think I'd do this.  By separating your data into different
worksheets, it makes it more difficult to do things against all of
it--charts/sorts/pivottables (summaries).

I think I'd just hide that first column and insert a new one--or have all the
columns there and only show 12 at at time.

"erodri02 <" wrote:

> This is the layout:
>
> 12/03-------------Months in between-------------------->11/04
>
> Now once the month of December is over and January comes in my row now
> reads:
> 01/04-------------Months in between--------------------->12/04
>
> As a month comes to an end it drops and the current new month shifts
> over and it adds a following month at the end. So it will always have
> an updated 12 month look. Now under every month there is data
> associated with it. What I want to do is capture the current month and
> the data associated with it and save it on another worksheet. And as
> the new months come in I want to do the same for them. Please please
> help on this concern. Thank you.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

How do I get columns in Office XP?
My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot find any menu item on creating columns as we did in 2000. Insert a text box and right click on the box. Choose Format Text Box and then click on the Text Box tab. Set up the box to your needs. There is also a Columns button on the Standard tool bar. "annitaf" <annitaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4CA13B-31B1-4ADF-B7E4-0829D0D9E3EC@microsoft.com... > My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot > find > any menu item on creating columns as we di...

I'd like to conditionally format a cell based on today's date
I have a column that contains important dates, and I'd like to say make the forecolor red if they're 3 months away, blue if their 6 months away, etc... How do I do this? Look up "conditional formatting" in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "0to60" <holeshot60_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23mzT42nAJHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a column that contains important dates, and I'd like to say make the >forecolor red if they're 3 months away, blue if their 6 months away, etc... > > How do I do this? On Aug 20, 2:32=A0...

How do I set up a cumulative column, without entering it manually
I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it manually. Assume your data is in Column A. In B1, enter: =A1 In B2, enter: =B1+A2 Fill down as far as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D609313-68B1-4CD4-B96C-0370C7E25C3A@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it > manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it >...

DSUM with dates
I have a column with some dates and some blanks, and I want to include all values in my DSUM that have dates in the row - as well as some other criteria. I can't find a way to specify in my criteria, that it should include the date rows and exclude the blanks. I've tried things like '<>""' and '=*' , but I can't get it to work. (It'd even be OK if I could sum all the rows with blanks, because then I could use the difference from the overall sum) I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

dates 07-22-07
Hi, Is there a tutorial about how to find certain records between 2 dates? On Jul 22, 12:36 pm, "Khalil Handal" <khhan...@stthom.edu> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a tutorial about how to find certain records between 2 dates? SELECT ... FROM WHERE MyTable.SomeDate BETWEEN Date1 and Date2; hi, I should put the dates manualy in this case. I was wondering if I can put the dates in an unbounded object in a form and see the records below? <pietlinden@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1185127080.070066.152460@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > On Jul 22, 12:36 pm, &...

checking celll in column
Hi I need help I want to look for a cell in column if we find the cell in the column � the value of the cell� write 1 if not write 0 For example � I have A1 cell which have inside number I want to check if that number in the rang of C1;C100 if true 1 false 0 I do it like that =IF(C3=sheet1!C3:C16;1;0) but it doesn�t work cuz it check in all the column not cell by cell in the column Thnx -- withblue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ withblue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23767 View this thread: http:...

how can I find two same rows in a column?
I've got a file where I put all my invoices numbers. It's a long file, so how can I know if a put the same invoice number twice??? Thanks a lot!!! Hi see: http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "Anevigat" wrote: > I've got a file where I put all my invoices numbers. It's a long file, so how > can I know if a put the same invoice number twice??? > Thanks a lot!!! ...

Troubles retrieve activity columns.
Hi, I am trying retrieve activities, using CRMQuery or CRMActivitiy, selecting the activityid, subject, scheduledstart and scheduledend columns but these two last fields aren't retrieved. Can somebody help me? Why I can't retrieve this fields? Thank your for pay attention. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo Now I know who the trouble is not the result. The retrieve method is work fine. The problem is load this into a dataset and after display all in a datagrid. []�s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Microsoft" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> escreveu na mensagem news:%2...

Sorting dates
I have a list of names and their DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. There is a Help topic which says to go to custom sort order and choose one of the samples to sort in, say, MONTH order. Is there a way to sort this list of dates by month WITHOUT separating the DD...MM...YYYY into separate columns?? Dave French David, You don't have to separate them, but you'll need a helper column on which to sort, if you want them ordered by month. This presumes you want all the January's of various years together, etc. =MONTH(A2) copied down. This will give you 1 for Jan, etc. Sort the table ...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel?
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! smistretta, You don't really give enough information for, (me to give), a real answer but if the "Projects" column is column G...

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message
live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message.... inventsomething at live dot com Greg ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message? Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what do you mean exactly? The signature can be accomplished via Tools - Options - Signatures. You can have multiple signatures and assign them to specific email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to apply on each email you compose - View ...

countif and dates
My spreadsheet includes a column with the date (mm/dd/yr) of the entry. Can I use countif to count the number of entries that were made in each month? Thanks, JAF Hi! Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(F1:F10)=1)) Replace the 1 with the appropriate month number. Biff >-----Original Message----- >My spreadsheet includes a column with the date (mm/dd/yr) of the >entry. Can I use countif to count the number of entries that were made >in each month? Thanks, JAF >. > Just a heads up in case there might be blank cells, the formula will count blank cells as January =SUMPRODUC...

VBA/Macro/Date format help
Hello Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum. Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all, when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling! I can ...

Date & Time Detention Clock Functions
Hi I am creating a sheet that acts as a production clock and works out various factors that can change for work. I need help in several areas the production item has two clocks running simultaneously and as I cannot post my sheet I will try to explain what I mean. Product item I will call X X arrives say at 13:00 hrs today it has to be out within 24 hrs exactly I need a cell to add on 24 hours which shows the date and time known as Relevant Out date / time. During the 24 hours X may be transferred to another facility so I have to show that X is transfers out (I enter this cell with...

Appending or Up-dating a formula
I am using an =Ave function in a formula to average quite a few cell values together. I add new information all the time; sometimes 5 or 6 new cells at a time. How can I append or up-date my formula to include these new cells without having to type the new cells into the formula? When I make the cell that has the formula in it active/edit, all of the cells that are referenced in the formula have a highlight around them. Is there a key or key combination I can press while clicking on the cells I want to add to the formula? Thanks, john Hi why not make the range large enough. AVERAGE ...

How to convert column order?
Hi, Is there any way to convert the column order? For example: ColumnA;ColumnB;ColumnC;ColumnD;.... How to have like the inverse order: .....;ColumnD;ColumnC;ColumnB;ColumnA Nota: If there's any formula, it should be keeped Thank you very much in advance A bit more explanation might help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "mobimus" <musat45@gmail.com@enlever> wrote in message news:mn.53187d5c55529142.43543@enlever... > Hi, > > Is there any way to convert the column order? > > For example: > > ColumnA;ColumnB;ColumnC...

Formatting date to week
Hi All, I'm trying to create a select query which have field date. Now I want have a field which return the date value to week format.How to create it.I want the week change every monday at 7.30 am.How to make access achieve it.Hope somebody like to help. If by "week format" you mean the number of the week, something like below will work somewhat: TheWeekNumber: DatePart("ww", [TheDateField], vbMonday) It does not take into account your need for it starting at 7:30am. If the date field has a time element, something like this may meet your needs: TheWeekNumbe...

Excel wont recognise date format
I export a set of data from SQL and have a column showing dates. An example of this format is 5/13/2007 6:19:07 PM which is May, 13 2007. I need to format this column to show just the date without the time element. but excel wont recognise this as a date. How can I work around this? Thanks for your kind advice. Regards Frendi, It sound like the *Date* is actually time try: =INT(A1+0) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Fendi Baba" <effendi@epitome.co...

date picker (Excel 2007 Crashes)
every time i try to place a Date Picker object onto a excel form excel crashes. Have ran diagnostics on office but it did not detect any problems > every time i try to place a Date Picker object onto a excel form excel > crashes. > Have ran diagnostics on office but it did not detect any problems I just tried it and it worked for me. What I did was add a UserForm, right-click the ToolBox, select "Additional Controls" and pick "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)" from the list that appeared. I didn't do anything fancy, just ran the program an...

Retrieve date from different tables
I want to retrieve data from different tables in a single query based on a input given by user. Example. Product A sold for different price in different markets at different dates. Tables - Market 1, Market 2, Market 3 Fields - Product Name, Date, Price I want to retrieve the price in all markets in a single query. Condition - The latest price, based on the date, given by the user in the input box. note: Dates will not be the same in all markets. It is not possible to have all markets in one table, as the fields may differ in my actual database. It is only a example. thanks maran Hi...

Excel 2003 unites csv file row contents in a column A with squares
Hello! I exported a Windows Address book to a csv file in Windows Vista. Excel 2007 opens the file correctly, but Excel 2003 unites row contents in a column A with squares betweel fields. How to open the csv file in Excel 2003 correctly? Regards, Dmitry Use Data/ Import External Data/ Import Data, specify as delimited, then set the delimiter to whatever the delimiting character in your csv file is. -- David Biddulph "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC458D7A-F5B7-4402-A8BD-D89A147710E8@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I exported a Windows Addr...

Check Name Dialogue
Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. Specifically to place the E-mail Type field first (in order to check whether the address is an e-mail or fax #). That interface is not configurable. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KEllis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c301c3b5be$ef885990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the > column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. > Specifically to place the E-mail Typ...

Help looking stuff up in columns
I have a worksheet that I'd like it to be able to look at one column for a specific thing, look in another column for a different specific thing and then give me a sum of that pair in a seperate cell. I cannot figure out what the formula is. Apples 2001-1 Oranges 2001-2 Lemons 2001-3 Peaches 2001-4 Apples 2001-1 Apples 2001-2 There are 2 Apples with 2001-1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Lisa you can use the following formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="Apples")*(B1:B6="2001-1")) or =SUMPRO...

Copying Data Down the Column But Only Based on What's in Column A
Hello: I have four columns in an Excel spreadsheet. Column A ("Item Number") is a list of inventory items. Column B ("Location Code") is to contain the phrase "CH" in each cell of column B. Column C ("Order Point Qty") contains quantities in each cell of column C. Column D ("Number of Days") contains the number "10" in each cell of column D. At the end of this posting is VBA code for a macro in Excel's Visual Basic Editor that I am using to essentially create this spreadsheet. I am having trouble with the fo...