Date order #2

I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowlin
score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not i
chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering i
when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the sam
date. Thank

--
scottnoddin7
scottnoddin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2665

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Scott,

If you've typed bona-fide dates, they'll sort in date order.  If you're not
sure, check the date format (Format - Cells - Number).  Should be one of the
date formats.  If it's General or Text - they won't sort chronologically --
they'll sort alphabetically.  You can undo a sort if it doesn't do right.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"scottnoddin77" <scottnoddin77.1uck2a_1125018302.2407@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowling
> score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not in
> chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering if
> when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the same
> date. Thanks
>

> --
> scottnoddin77
> scottnoddin77's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26656
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399327

0
someone798 (944)
8/26/2005 3:21:58 AM
wrote in news:scottnoddin77.1uck2a_1125018302.2407@excelforum-nospam.com:

> I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowling
> score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not in
> chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering if
> when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the same
> date. Thanks

Just make certain that you have selected the whole range containing all the
data before you do the sorting!

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

Date display in Excel

VB Macro #2

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

VCR to DVD Part 2

Separating Date and Time in a cell

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

date function #3

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Option trades with past expiry dates not showing up in Portfolio M
Hello: Money 2006 Portfolio Manager does not show closed option trades that have expiry dates in the past, even when the "show closed positions" is checked. The transactions are still there in the investment accounts, just not visible in portfolio manager. I just called microsoft support and have notified them of the issue and hope that this issue is fixed as an update. If not, it pretty much makes the portfolio manager (and Microsoft Money 2006) useless for option trading investors. "MumbaiBabu" <MumbaiBabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

How do you sort a date range by month?
We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in a given month using excel. You could use a helper column, with something like = A2. Format this (Format - Cells - Number - Custom: mmm. Now you can use Data - Subtotals, "At each change in: Month" and "Use function: Count." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brewisc13" <Brewisc13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E02AAC-8216-43F5-846F-E981E978E44B@microsoft.com... > We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in...

vb date and ssn textbox formats
Ok, so maybe I am crazy...but I have checked "Visual Basic 6 how t program", and "Visual basic 5 teach yourself in 24 hrs" for and exampl or how to format a text box on a user form to accept and display date and Social Security Numbers in the specified format. Thanks Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Date TextBox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") SSNs TextBox1.Text = Format(mySSN, "000-00-0000") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mai...